Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the enthusiasm mate.... but samurai and ninja are both japanese.
They could work for opposing daimyos though!

giphy.gif

Whoops, oh yeah. Don't know what I was thinking. There was some cool imagine in my head there with Chinese warriors.

That is just straight up awful. He looks cross eyed in the image to the left. On the right he looks like Vincent D'onofrio from Full Metal Jacket...

View attachment 593117

:rotfl :rotfl

He must've been "The Special" Predator they sent to Earth for it's easy game due to it's dumb indigenous species.. The others were watching from orbit in the spaceship laughing...
It's an utter travesty. Worst part of the movie is the Predator design itself.
Even though, overall I'm disappointed with the movie (after all the praise it's been getting, I was expecting more from it) its not a bad movie.
It's better than "The Predator" at least. If it wasn't for the horrible Pred design and the ending, I'd put it above "Predators". As it is, it has to take joint 3rd place with "Predators" behind P1 & P2.
So we have 3 species of Predator now; classic Preds, "Super Preds" and "my god how inbred are you?" Preds.

Would love to see predators in different timelines. Japan in the feudal era. Ww1 or 2 . Revolutionary era. Civil war or during the slave trade era. Anything else I’m missing
Taliban vs predators vs Rambo?:yess:

If you want 2 badass warrior-predator class fighter stalking each other, invisibly murdering their prey with blades, taking trophies and leaving their victims in terrifying poses - i give you the ULTIMATE line-up....

Predator vs Gurkhas.....

"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or a Gurkha." - Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
"Better to die than be a coward" - The Gurkha motto
"A Gurkha's Kukri MUST draw blood when unsheathed, if not an enemy's then it must be their own"

Last edited:
I like that for new viewers going forward who watch Prey and Predator in chronological order either Billy or Anna might seem like they're going to be the new main character due to each of them having elements that overlap with Naru. Then when Billy dies and Anna flees it'll be "uh oh, this Dutch guy is in for the fight of his life."

I also like that people watching Prey and then P1 for the first time won't have Dutch hiding under mud spoiled nor the Predator's sound mimicking ability.
Speaking of Billy, was I the only one that got a few Billy vibes from the guy playing Taabe? Mostly his facial features, which makes me wonder if that was intentional on the part of the casting director. Given Taabe's fate I'm assuming Billy's not a descendant, plus I don't know if Billy's Native American roots were ever actually specified.

Am I the only one who found Naru‘s character to be bratty? i would have much preferred an endearing character who desires to hunt out of necessity rather than indignation and defiance towards her own tribe. It would be a much better contrast to the predator itself who hunts for thrill rather than for food. thats ultimatelay why i really wasnt interested in her character.

Back