Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often see people posting on here about how they can't afford/will struggle to afford something. But I have absolutely no sympathy for them, after all, we aren't talking about the necessities of life here. We are talking about luxury items that are really only for those that have disposable cash. You need your head read if you are strugaling to pay for or are going without food to buy collectibles. Live within your means.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPBUGUM7KQ"]‪Taxi Driver Scene‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:thud:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0&ob=av2e"]‪Abba - Money, Money, Money‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
:thud:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUnmTE6ljRg&ob=av2n"]‪Shania Twain - Ka-Ching! (Red Version)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Butters just expressed and opinion. I don't think he was bashing anyone in particular.
I agree with Butter's point that it is generally a good rule to try and live within your means; However, I do disagree with this portion of Butter's post:

"You need your head read if you are struggling to pay for or are going without food to buy collectibles..."

I think you have to do what makes you happy sometimes. If owning a figure that you really love is worth sacrificing food/and or shelter than so be it. As long as that person can handle starving for a few days then all power to that person.What we do with our own money is nobody's business except our own IMHO. Butters, you could have used less harsh words then the words you used above(highlighted in bold), as they do seem slightly insulting.

In sum, everyone is free to an opinion, no need to bash others and call them idiots or be offensive if someone happens to write something that you strongly disagree with. Just respectfully disagree and backup your reasons as to why you disagree and be civil about it.

Can't we all just get along!? :1-1:

Last edited:
I think 200 bucks is a small price to pay for some happyness.

Of course your bills should be priority but some folks blow way more on fleeting crap like coke and drink and have nothing little to how for it when they cannot afford it.

only in doll collector threads :lecture, you won't find as much kiddie bs in manly statue threads as you will in these doll collector threads :lol. Never fails.

..........waits for someone to get easily offended :monkey3

Sorry, I think Statues suck! :nana:

I'm ____ing offended! How dare you say that! Ignore! :ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore::ignore:

okily dokily neighborino

Flanders_Nedward.jpg

Sorry, I think Statues suck! :nana:

all doll collectors do; and that's why they get overly sensitive about their dolls in doll threads :wink1:

okily dokily neighborino

Flanders_Nedward.jpg

all doll collectors do; and that's why they get overly sensitive about their dolls in doll threads :wink1:

All joking aside,
Actually, some of our "dolls" look better then some of the statues that are out there. You should really checkout the Hot Toys iron man figures. They are basically poseable statues IMO.

I went with Hot Toys was I sick of having these great statues that I cannot sit back with and enjoy in my hand.

Can't be doing with these statues with the real clothes either. Tis neither here nor there for me.

I find it interesting that some folk feel they need the say statues are better in light of the clothing.

a lot of it depends on the character too. I don't have one single human character from SS except maybe Spiderman, but it's because flesh tones for human characters don't equate well in polystone. That's why HT is so big, the rubber looks more life like and there poseable, but if SS ever made a 1/4 Snake pf or something, I would dump this figure in a heart beat for it, but it's a safe bet, we won't see this Pred from SS ever.

I know people love to pose their figures and what not, but they just don't compare to 1:1 or 1:4 pieces as far as presence goes, and when the level of detail is just as good between a 1/4 pf and a 1/6 HT, it's not even close. I've had some of the best HT has ever done, but they really go unnoticed in a collection full of larger pieces, but they stand out in a doll collectors collection. When ppl walk out of my place saying my collection is like a museum, I like that better than someone saying I have a great doll collection, but hey, that's me :wink1:

Which you you prefer to have, the Berzerker Hot Toy figure or the Berzerker statue from Sideshow?

everyone knows the Predators statues blow Eamon. If they were 1/4 and on par with the P1 in quality, then bye bye HT Berserker :wave

tis is a negative. The HT versions are way better, even if they weren't poseable. From sculpt to paint, the only thing the SS versions have that is better are the bases.

Why do ****** bags get in HT threads and find it necessary to say "you guys collect dolls" and then say those people are easily offended :dunno if you want to be technical, Predator figures are not dolls. Dolls are figures with a human likeness.

Back