Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow needs a type of lottery which would give everyone a chance to get a Shadow Predator. Newsletter member's names could be placed in drawing and winner's would have 24 to 48 hours to contact Sideshow to confirm their order or their order would go to the next person in line.

Sideshow would stop a lot of the scalper problems and frustrated customers who can not get an order placed do to the site crashing.

Not sure if this has been suggested before.

Sideshow needs a type of lottery which would give everyone a chance to get a Shadow Predator. Newsletter member's names could be placed in drawing and winner's would have 24 to 48 hours to contact Sideshow to confirm their order or their order would go to the next person in line.

Sideshow would stop a lot of the scalper problems and frustrated customers who can not get an order placed do to the site crashing.

Lottery systems have been used in the past, and although before my time with Sideshow it's my understanding that it was not a method that most collectors took a liking to, so the use of a lottery was discontinued. This of course doesn't mean it wouldn't be a method that could possibly be used in the future again, but Priority Pre-Orders tend to work much better for the majority of collectors.

Of course...great suggestion! :)

-SideshowAlex

there should also be a contest for customers who can guess how quickly the ppo site will crash. like the ones who guess within a couple seconds without going over win a shadow predator.

my entry is 41 seconds.

I'm new to priority pre orders I'm not totally sure how it works. I read the faqs but I still dont understand it completely. Will I receive a email that has a link to the product? Sorry if this has been answered before I just don't want to miss out

Lottery systems have been used in the past, and although before my time with Sideshow it's my understanding that it was not a method that most collectors took a liking to, so the use of a lottery was discontinued. This of course doesn't mean it wouldn't be a method that could possibly be used in the future again, but Priority Pre-Orders tend to work much better for the majority of collectors.

Of course...great suggestion! :)

-SideshowAlex

Hey Alex! It was great meeting you during SDCC,
about this PPO, maybe too late now, but you guys should split these pre-orders... these are VERY hot items... it will be a crazy day... :panic:

Hey Alex! It was great meeting you during SDCC,
about this PPO, maybe too late now, but you guys should split these pre-orders... these are VERY hot items... it will be a crazy day... :panic:

Well they are split between times on Friday, August 12th...

Batman - 10AM (Pacific Time)
Predator - Noon (Pacific Time)

So that should help...some. :)

And agreed...it was great meeting you too during SDCC. Always nice to put faces to names.

-SideshowAlex

there should also be a contest for customers who can guess how quickly the ppo site will crash. like the ones who guess within a couple seconds without going over win a shadow predator.

my entry is 41 seconds.

Wow, you're giving them a lot of credit :lol

I seriously can't believe what i just saw....

Shadow Predator on eBay for $1,150

That shi-t is INSANE!!!!!!!!

What if it was defective?

Obviously not defending the stupid price, but... maybe it was for more than one, or was it really just 1? I can't see anyone paying that amount for Shadow right now... Maybe in a 100 years when these are really rare vintage stuff :p .

Obviously not defending the stupid price, but... maybe it was for more than one, or was it really just 1? I can't see anyone paying that amount for Shadow right now... Maybe in a 100 years when these are really rare vintage stuff :p .

In 100 years time all of our dollies will have melted from the increased temperatures on our planet. You think your Batman in leaking oil now? Wait til you see it 99 years from now. :rotfl

Quantity 1:cuckoo:

I can't imainge a time in my life where i think it's okay to spend that on one figure, even if i was ridiculously rich it would be a horrible insult to dying children in the third world

Quantity 1:cuckoo:

I can't imainge a time in my life where i think it's okay to spend that on one figure, even if i was ridiculously rich it would be a horrible insult to dying children in the third world

I wonder if that "person" who is selling it is one of those ****** bags flippers that bought a huge amount of Shadow Predators with their flipper army at the HK event that was shown to everyone.

Erm, in 100 years our numbers will be quite slim. It'll look like the cut end scene from Resurrection, since, you know, no one gives a ____ about this god damn planet, or say "AAAWWWW IT'LLL BE FIIIIIIINNNEEE.... GLOBAL WARMING IS JUST A HOAX... RELAX.."
:monkey1

Maybe we'll be able to colonize other planets by then, hopefully.. Of course we'd just end up eventually destroying those too.

Ignorant ____ing Humans.

But moving on... :lol

Humans generally suck balls, Apple has made 40-something billion this year, all they gotta do is give 1/4 of that and all of the dying people in Africa and other nations are cured.

Not to mention dickless football players getting paid hundreds of thousands to kick a ball, if every footballer in The UK gave 1/5 of their yearly salary, horrible dieseases could be cured, but no they piss it away.

If i had the money to make a difference i'd feckin' do it.

Humans generally suck balls, Apple has made 40-something billion this year, all they gotta do is give 1/4 of that and all of the dying people in Africa and other nations are cured.

Not to mention dickless football players getting paid hundreds of thousands to kick a ball, if every footballer in The UK gave 1/5 of their yearly salary, horrible dieseases could be cured, but no they piss it away.

If i had the money to make a difference i'd feckin' do it.
You know, one thing I've never understood.

We have all these poor, starving, dying people in Africa, like you said..

Yet we're keeping thousands of disgusting rapists and murderers well fed in doors.. :cuckoo: I don't think it's wrong to say that the people who do comit these crimes, who are disgusting pieces of garbage, should be disposed of like, well, garbage.
And all that food, shelter, etc can be going to the starving people in Africa and other places. The people who need, and deserve it.

Idunno, it's probably not that simple, but meh..

Everyone *does* have a chance to get the items with the regular ordering process. The scalper problems would be pretty much (if not exactly) the same; scalpers would still have to sign up to be entered in the hypothetical lottery for these items, and there's no way for Sideshow to determine who's a scalper or not.

The "first in, best dressed" method is the most fair way in my opinion - lotteries would mean that you're instantly restricting the chance for someone that really wants an item, so you'll be punishing the customers just because you think this somehow magically stops scalpers :cuckoo: If I missed out on an item because I didn't order it in time on the website, I'd be disappointed but not annoyed, whereas if it were decided for me beforehand by some other random selection method I would be annoyed to all hell.

It sounds like this method was tried and disliked in the past, and my guess is that it was for the above reason/s.

Back