Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the inner boxes damaged as to me that is what would be unnacceptable.

Expecting an perfect outer box to be perfect is expecting too much I feel.

The inner boxes is also a little bit damaged not as bad as the outer box. Lucky it wasn't that bad...it could of been. The point is they should so done a better job of packing a high dollar collectible for shipping.

I am with you. I just don't know where it stops. The whole point of the "brown shipper box" is to, you guessed it, ship an item. The fact that collectors have taken the next step and now try to treat the shipper box as something that should be in pristine condition is not something Sideshow should concern themselves with, IMO. Next thing you know, folks are gonna want the shipper box of the shipper box to be placed in another shipper box, etc. etc. If the actual box containing the figure ("display box," I guess?) is damaged, that's something else, as it is designed to be displayable and conventionally is part of the package that collectors want to keep in good shape. But how pervasive is this problem for Sideshow, really? I've had many shipments from Sideshow, and never had the interior box damaged though the shipper has been a bit dinged. I understand that it happens with others, but considering that those with damage are gonna be far more likely to post than those without, I've gotta figure 9/10 figure/statue boxes are gonna be sufficiently protected by the shipper box. You can always ship it back for a replacement if the shipper doesn't protect the box enough for your liking, but consider that they are a business and if you really wanted them to add extra shipping material, shipping time, and weight to do as some of you ask, that cost burden would be passed on to us.

I can care less for the brown shipper box. Take it out of the brown shipper box and put it in a bigger box with bubble wrap for better protection. Why take a high risk for damage? They already charging high shipping cost and the figures are already high in price.

BigBadToyStore packages very well!!! I got a figure form them that looked like UPS had stepped on and thrown the box and the Hot Toys box inside was still mint you cant be that!!!

Shadow arrived today. Another great addition to the Pred collection. A few quick shots:

img8978h.jpg

And with Taylor's mask:
img8983n.jpg

Couldn't get the other mask to stay on, I'll just keep that one on Lost.

Edit:

img8965f.jpg

Just wanted to mention a couple of things I've found wrong with my figure.
The fur on the right side of his belt is already coming unglued and underneath the neck guard is a huge paint chip. Looks like something damaged it but the neck guard is completely fine.

Last edited:
Great-looking figure, Chewie! I'm really liking the open-mouth look on this guy.

Speaking of which, I just got mine! Sideshow and UPS handled the re-route very quickly and I guess my concerns were unfounded (the UPS website hasn't worked at all for me today). Looking forward to opening this guy up, but I'll head out to the gym first. Would've been nice to receive him yesterday so I could have time to take pictures and shoot a review, but I'll have to hold out on that until tomorrow. It's already getting dark here.

wow so first experience with fedex is a dud, they make the first delivery attemp on Mon, (i get notice theyll try the next day) so Tues comes and they attemp another delivery, then with that they leave a notice saying its been sent back to sender.... they deliver from 9-5 at the begining of a work week and expect people to be available with full time jobs!? fair enough but then to pick it up I have to drive almost across and out of the city during hours I have to work.... then I ask them to deliver on Friday and they say they cant garuntee the facility will look at the note and it may have already been sent back... (off to write a lovely letter)

wow so first experience with fedex is a dud, they make the first delivery attemp on Mon, (i get notice theyll try the next day) so Tues comes and they attemp another delivery, then with that they leave a notice saying its been sent back to sender.... they deliver from 9-5 at the begining of a work week and expect people to be available with full time jobs!? fair enough but then to pick it up I have to drive almost across and out of the city during hours I have to work.... then I ask them to deliver on Friday and they say they cant garuntee the facility will look at the note and it may have already been sent back... (off to write a lovely letter)

That is really bad and ridiculous... :( Hope you will be able to solve it without having to pay anything for another shipment.

so SSC shipped it yesterday as requested and it'll turn up the morning before i get back from Ireland.

i rang Fedex and asked them to deliver Tuesday instead, so that shouled be perfect timing.

I'm hoping for no problems in the quality, although my last two HT have had problems so i'm becoming wary.
I've just got to keep reminding myself that before then i didn't have one problem with HT.

But then again it might be that with so much going on they're putting less time into QC and this is the start of a trend :(

There's something mote upmarket about getting your figure via Fedex instead of standard post.

I am expecting both Predator and Batman any minute now!

When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight...or in a week. :lol

Congrats on the haul.

Two things that bug me (the former more than the latter) is that the fur around the belt on mine is not really coming off, but a tiny chunk of it seems loose. That side of the belt also doesn't seem as neat and smoothed down as the other.
My other issue is that the hip joints seem a bit gummy, which wouldn't be a problem for displaying in a cool pose -- if I didn't get a crotch stand that didn't fan out.

Still an awesome-looking Pred, though.

Oh, brother. The stories I could tell about Fed Ex. . .I hate them. I've had many fewer experiences with them than USPS or UPS, but they were filled with pure incompetence and arbitrary, bizarre behavior.

Gutted,just noticed my sword is missing from my shadow pred,just spoke to ssc about it....should find out in the next 48hrs if i will get a replacment or send him:mad: back:(

Back