Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ach, epic fail on my part. My dad's place of work has since moved and I didn't update the delivery address, so I just got off the phone with CS and asked them to re-route the figure. Now it'll take an extra day or two... plus the re-route fee, but at least I got a good wake-up call and immediately updated my order for Classic after this.

My tracking order says it will come Wednesday (when it said Tuesday). Oh well. And I still haven't received any shipping info about Batman??

who's dumb rule is it that you gotta be there and sign when ups/fedex drops off a damn package? basically, if you have a full time job, they hold your property hostage.

re-____ing-tarded.

who's dumb rule is it that you gotta be there and sign when ups/fedex drops off a damn package? basically, if you have a full time job, they hold your property hostage.

re-____ing-tarded.

Agreed man and luckily I have a flexible job where I can work from home now and then. I understand why they do it but Fed Ex can literally come at ANY time!

Agreed man and luckily I have a flexible job where I can work from home now and then. I understand why they do it but Fed Ex can literally come at ANY time!
yeah i'm not even showing up wednesday just because of this ________ rule.
but most people probably can't do that and i doubt UPS appreciates the backlog of undelivered stuff.

i'm sure SSC has gotten more than a few complaints and they won't do jack about it because it's one of those reactionary cover-your-ass rules.

there's no way that happens with enough frequency to justify inconveniencing thousands of customers. i'm sure some lawyer got paid to wear a suit and tell them to do this just to cover as many asses as possible. hell, i bet my neighbors would sign for it and leave it on my doorstep if i had it delivered to them. oh well, too late now.

I think we are hating too much.I have a hard time to see new pictures of this guy, so a review with no volume is kind of nice.Plus I am surprised review's for these predator's matter much.There pretty much the same figure's with new body's and different heads.It would be a random that they would make a bad one,yeah the paint app is not the best but i can tell in the pre production pictures and then make my choice if i want him or not.I think figures like batman and statue's need a good review.

All figures needs at least one good review, this is my first Predator, so this whole 'using the existing body' and such is known to me but not first-hand.

Anyway i've seen quite a few in-hand pics of this guy on here and on facebook and thy all look great so there is no real need for new pics for an indication of the final product IMO

Same as someone coming to fix the boiler or gas meter, they'll arrive between 8am and 6pm, so you're basically under house arrest the whole day.

re-____ing-tarded.

They have a signature waiver form on their site, use it if you don't want to sign for it or you could have it delivered to your work. It's only for items over $185.

Last edited:
I'm with prefused. The annoying thing is that they do have a delivery options menu, but only for orders under $185 like Natrix said. Yeah, so if an item is worth $180 or $170, it's not as likely to get stolen?
There are still plenty of HT figures under that price. From that point of view, it's really a useless precaution (if it's even a precaution at all).

I'm cool with SSC going the signature route by default, it'd just be nice to let us choose otherwise if we need to. They could even put a disclaimer on the order completion page or link to an article regarding their lack of responsibility if we went with our own specific instructions. That's fine by me.
The thing is, I've had home deliveries where I'd come downstairs to find a "We Missed You" sign on the door only because the guy knocked once and left a second later. :slap

yeah, because i live in the 1980s and own a ____ing fax machine. you have to fax a printed pdf to waive the signature. you can't just uncheck a box on your order, you can't send it by email, you can't call them. you gotta send a fax to keep the dip____ UPS guy from knocking once and driving off with your property. oh, and they charge you to do that. every time i order from SSC i find a new reason not to.

why sideshow don't double box their items? Box got Damaged during shipping. :gah: :mad:

I talked to Sideshow about this and they said it will cost extra $10 for the box and extra shipping $$$.

We already paying load of $$ for the figures. they can at least double box their items like BBTS!

This is my first time ordering from them. I'm going to stick with BBTS!!

attachment.php

Last edited:
why sideshow don't double box their items? Box got Damaged during shipping. :gah: :mad:

I talked to Sideshow about this and they said it will cost extra $10 for the box and extra shipping $$$.

We already paying load of $$ for the figures. they can at least double box their items like BBTS!

This is my first time ordering from them. I'm going to stick with BBTS!!

attachment.php

Absolute BS. They should replace. When I ordered Guardian Pred the box was also damage. They just slap a shipping label on the factory box and throw it on a truck.

We need tell Sideshow this is no longer acceptable

Absolute BS. They should replace. When I ordered Guardian Pred the box was also damage. They just slap a shipping label on the factory box and throw it on a truck.

We need tell Sideshow this is no longer acceptable

For the prices paid, especially for those who have to pay customs and courier taxes, that is completely unacceptable. For someone who really takes good care in the packaging I have 3 words: One Sixth Bruce! SSC should look at them to learn how to handle high end collectibles for delivery. :lecture

Back