Post your Imaresqd1 (and others) customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think price is irrelevant, other than being more frustrated. As far as the transaction, $50 or $500, bottom line is, someone was paid to deliver an item and the delivered piece isn't what was paid for and it should be.

I'm not going to criticize or condemn people that have bought one and the price they have paid for it. The thing that really bugs me the most is this guy is not competitive. It's one head and twice the price of a Hot Toys figure if not more compared to what you get for all the she-bang for Hot Toys price.

I know it's custom work and not mass produced heads but seriously looking at that no way. Not even to wait 6+ months if thats what I may get at the end of the day. What looks to be an half arsed attempt. Now that this is the first time this has happened with Imaresqd1, you can't help but doubt if you're already in the cue and reading what has happened to Manji which then you could risk the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, Imaresqd1 has produced some beautiful heads for blakus, snake eater etc the work really looks immense but with the state of the economy, money is getting tighter with people. More so what they will be spending on.

I really feel for Manji getting burned from customs for this as there is no way he'll be able to claim that back. Instead gets a rushed job at the end.

Now he'll need to pay shipping fees back to America, god knows how long he'll need to wait again. Then getting stung again for customs tax again when it enters the UK. He may as well have taken a lighter to his money. Plus you should not be paying more to him if thats the route you'll be going. You've paid him he should honour you what you bought.

At the end of the day, Imaresqd1 has caused Manji to loose more money over all this.

Thanks bud nice to get your support it really does help and make me feel alot better about all this!

Yes agreed the money and waiting i will need to put back into this project again is draining! I will go through with it cause i want this to be perfect so badly, i have come this far now so i hope adam will now go the extra mile for me, i think i deserve that!

Thanks though again your support is good :D

Point is Manji isn't being unreasonable even now when a lot of other people would be baying for blood, he has a legitimate concern and he's voiced it fairly. Hope you get something worked out man!

No i have read and re read my posts to actually decide myself if i have been wrong and out of order for what i have posted. Sorry i am happy so far with what i have put i certainly dont think i have disrespected the guy or bad mouthed him.

Thanks for your vote :D

I think price is irrelevant, other than being more frustrated. As far as the transaction, $50 or $500, bottom line is, someone was paid to deliver an item and the delivered piece isn't what was paid for and it should be.

Yes the money was irrelevant or was :lol its now becoming a bottomless pit :lol

Yes bottom line is i asked for a replica head which had been done, plenty of reference pics etc and mine turned out very different in my opinion. Well the hair! The hair looks about 10% done to me, Blakus head looks to be around 70-80% rooted hair, mine looks about 70-80% sculpted hair! If i wanted that i would have stuck with my Bank Robber Joker head painted by Small Studios. I am not sure Adam realises what i have sacrificed for this, i also sold a very expensive watch to fund this and a few other projects so this is becoming very very upsetting :(

Yes the money was irrelevant or was :lol its now becoming a bottomless pit :lol

I agree with both of you from the point of view that, as collectors, money can become irrelevant to us when it comes to getting what we want. But lets face it we're all paying for quality or else we'd all be paying $10 for figures of the same characters we pay $200 for :) High expectations for a $50 product are less reasonable than a $500 product, to use MF's example. But I get what you mean in terms of the actual transaction its all the same, but however you look at it expectation will be higher the more your putting down. And reasonably so...

Well yeah, of course you expect more, I just meant the principle applies to any priced item, if you advertise something as what people are buying, you have a responsibility to make what they receive pretty much the same as what they were expecting.

Here's my view on price....

If I get a figure for Hasbro prices and it doesn't look as good as advertised, I don't complain.

If I paid Enterbay prices for it and it wasn't as advertised, I'm pretty much sick about it.

As for pricing, I personally think that sellers should be up front and honest about the pricing to everybody. Consider this, a seller tells me he'll give me a better deal for a head than he gave another forum member. Then later I find out that he was giving somebody a better deal than me. To me, that's shady and I feel for the first guy who got overcharged too, because he got double-overcharged. Not sure how you guys feel about it, some may feel it's all just part of the game.

Just because you can make alot of money off of somebody doesn't mean you should.

It may not seem right to give other people different pricing, but such a practice can both hurt you and benefit you, sometimes you might get a deal, sometimes you might get burnt. If a seller chooses to conduct themselves that way, that's their call and it'll either work for them or bite them and they'll change. I do respect that if I solicit something that's not a public price, I don't share what I paid.

i am tempted to just send the head back with a tracker and with a letter voicing my concerns and asking for the head i originally paid for with pics attached.

what do you guys think?

Don't rush into anything yet. Since you have waited just wait for a few more days. Since you have the address can't you find the phone number with it? Or if you paid with Paypal surely you can get some contact number of it.

I think you should just sit tight and email him every now and then, Im sure he's been busy and will respond soon.

I was gonna pull the trigger last year for the 2 joker sculpt actually, had I not used my money on tyler durdens :lol

i paid the first downpayment over 6 months ago but i made the second installment on the 5.04.2010

can i do something then about that?

cheers buddy

absolutely gutted its come to this but i have made the claim :monkey2

i hope Adam will contact me and we can sort this out and just close the claim that would certainly be the way i would like this to be resolved

Back