Post your Imaresqd1 (and others) customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The customizer should take the head back covering the cost and redo the hair and spend a little more time on the paintwork.

To be honest I'm not sure how much this cost you Manji, but from what I read it is a lot. The paintwork isn't that good, though the headsculpt is top notch.

Now that you spend a lot of money on it why don't you spend a little more and get the head painted by Josh, Boot25 or Kuato. The extra hair seems easy to apply yourself you if spend time on it.

i have actually as stupid as this sounds said in the email today i will cover the cost of shipping to him and back to me again and hell even pay for more hair and your time! crazy i know but thats how much this means to me i guess

the paint work in hand is great believe me, the guys you mentioned are amazing i have pieces by boot and josh and they are amazing but certainly adams is very very good also and i really like it got a really nice vibe going on with it

i would not even have a clue where to start with putting the hair on myself and dont see why i should, i am hoping adam can see why i am disappointed with this after i have shown him the pictures for comparison. I dont see how he can argue the point, i just hope he does come back to me and not just ignore me i really hope he doesnt :(

I hope Adam can rectify this. Myself I had experience a poor paintwork for quite a lot of money, had to wait 1 and quarter year to receive. The paintwork wasn't as good as I have seen, but I lost interest in the that project and didn't get back to the painter, my fault.

It seems some customizers like to take the money and produce below par work. For the high price I expect customziers to throw in a lot of passion and not think of it as extra cash in hand. Just my rant.

Really hope Adam sees this thread and don't accept extra money.

I hope Adam can rectify this. Myself I had experience a poor paintwork for quite a lot of money, had to wait 1 and quarter year to receive. The paintwork wasn't as good as I have seen, but I lost interest in the that project and didn't get back to the painter, my fault.

It seems some customizers like to take the money and produce below par work. For the high price I expect customziers to throw in a lot of passion and not think of it as extra cash in hand. Just my rant.

Really hope Adam sees this thread and don't accept extra money.

yeah it seems the passion was lost on mine thats for sure, it really looks lazy and half hearted, i mean geez i paid alot for it!

sorry to hear about your problems and to be honest after this i am not sure if this joker figure will be the same now, today i have been left totally deflated and fed up of this project now :(

Know what you mean mate. Fingers cross that Adam can come back with some good news for you. The headsculpt is sure amazing and the best Joker about.

I know exactly what you mean. It gets frustrating to be so passionate about something and then have somebody else only care about getting your money. It definitely kills the spirit and enthusiasim you had when you started the project.

I've dealt with a few people who've been so shady that it almost makes me want to just give-up on the figure completely.

oh dear not a happy camper!!! :monkey2

received this today and i am not very impressed with the rooted hair!

the sculpt is spot on, amazing likeness just cant complain at all but i am just gutted with the result of the rooted hair, looks completely different to me to that one that Blakus has and thats what i asked for and paid for.

see what you think

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

sorry to hear that, manji :(

I think that was the vibe that Im getting when I saw the pic you posted earlier, actually. That the one blakus got was miles better than the recent one adam did.

hope he'll fix this one, otherwise its a shame as it only ruins his reputation as the undisputed joker master.

That reaaally sucks.
This photo here , looks like you could have done a better job yourself.

Picture002-3.jpg

I wouldn't be happy with that either. Hope you can get something sorted mate , I know you were excited for this one too so it sucks to see this happen.

Sorry to see this, I've never liked real hair on 1/6 tbh. I hope he'll agree to fix it up, though that aside, the sculpt looks pretty awesome.

hey guys thanks for all your support it actually means alot to me!

i am so disappointed i cant actually quite believe it, i am gutted this has happened and i know i should not let something like this effect me but it has. Right now i feel like i have been well and truely shafted to be quite honest!

i dont know why all the others he has done have been so awesome with the hair rooting and yet this to be quite honest is pretty dire! it looks half hearted and lazy. If i hadnt paid alot of money for this i could get my head round it but when you think i could have got 2 new Hot Toys figures for this then it starts to hit home a bit.

i really hope adam holds his hands up and admits this is not acceptable, we all know the guy is the master and he has major talent! all i wanted was a replica piece hes done it before so just not understanding why mine is now looking so different :(

i am so disappointed i cant actually quite believe it, i am gutted this has happened and i know i should not let something like this effect me but it has. Right now i feel like i have been well and truely shafted to be quite honest!
(

Didn't you just receive this today? I know it was pricey but it might of been a good idea to give him a opportunity to remedy the problem with the sculpt before unleashing the gloom and doom in this thread.

toyadventurer, if thats the case he shouldn't have sent it out like that.

If you don't want a backlack don't _____ it up!

Didn't you just receive this today? I know it was pricey but it might of been a good idea to give him a opportunity to remedy the problem with the sculpt before unleashing the gloom and doom in this thread.

I have just got this this morning yes after alot of money spent and alot of patience, it has taken 6 months to get this back which has never been a problem!

I think this is easy for you to say dude but your not the one thats alot of dollars down with a sub par head in your hands!

I havent bad mouthed adam at all i have just been honest about my thoughts and wanted to alert others to this.

I really hope adam comes forward to put this right and i will be straight back on here to say great hes going to make it right however right now as it stands i have a very expensive item in hand that is sub par!!!

The sickening part is it'll cost you even more money to send it back and then to receive it again since you got hit by customs tax. :/

The sickening part is it'll cost you even more money to send it back and then to receive it again since you got hit by customs tax. :/

exactly! cant say i am really pleased about that! its just a bottomless pit this!

i really am losing the enthusiasm and love i had for this rapidly

That hair looks absolutely terrible. I am really sorry to see that, I can't even imagine how much it cost. I honestly don't think the sculpt as is would be worth $50. Hope everything works out.

I've seen lots of discussions about these heads for many months. They look great & I'd love to have one but there always seems to be alot of secrecy about pricing and who can get one, etc. I'm guessing they cost $300-$400 a piece based on hints people have made.

I think Manji has every right to be upset and every right to post a review of the product to inform people. He seems like a very fair patient type of guy about the whole deal.

I've seen lots of discussions about these heads for many months. They look great & I'd love to have one but there always seems to be alot of secrecy about pricing and who can get one, etc. I'm guessing they cost $300-$400 a piece based on hints people have made.

I think Manji has every right to be upset and every right to post a review of the product to inform people. He seems like a very fair patient type of guy about the whole deal.

Yeah i think basically the price can vary from expression to expression so nobody really likes to talk prices because it might get somebody believing they paid to much etc when they actually paid for a different type of head which does naturally cost more so i am guessing thats why the money side of it has always been kept pretty secretative.

I thank you for supporting my views, jeez i think i have been more than fair! i have not bad mouthed the guy at all, just expressed disappointment really which naturally alot of dollars down most would. Why is that any different to being mugged on the street of 3 to 400 dollars, your not going to hold the mugger in high estem are you!

I think i have been very fair over the 6 month period, never applied pressure just merely asked for updates every now and then.

still no word yesterday or today but remaining hopefull

thank you

I'm not going to criticize or condemn people that have bought one and the price they have paid for it. The thing that really bugs me the most is this guy is not competitive. It's one head and twice the price of a Hot Toys figure if not more compared to what you get for all the she-bang for Hot Toys price.

I know it's custom work and not mass produced heads but seriously looking at that no way. Not even to wait 6+ months if thats what I may get at the end of the day. What looks to be an half arsed attempt. Now that this is the first time this has happened with Imaresqd1, you can't help but doubt if you're already in the cue and reading what has happened to Manji which then you could risk the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, Imaresqd1 has produced some beautiful heads for blakus, snake eater etc the work really looks immense but with the state of the economy, money is getting tighter with people. More so what they will be spending on.

I really feel for Manji getting burned from customs for this as there is no way he'll be able to claim that back. Instead gets a rushed job at the end.

Now he'll need to pay shipping fees back to America, god knows how long he'll need to wait again. Then getting stung again for customs tax again when it enters the UK. He may as well have taken a lighter to his money. Plus you should not be paying more to him if thats the route you'll be going. You've paid him he should honour you what you bought.

At the end of the day, Imaresqd1 has caused Manji to loose more money over all this.

Gotta agree there, especially if the prices mentioned are anywhere near the real price, I knew these things were expensive but twice the price of the figure itself is a bit much to my mind. Of course they are pretty much the ultimate sculpts for the most part and noones forced to buy them so...

Point is Manji isn't being unreasonable even now when a lot of other people would be baying for blood, he has a legitimate concern and he's voiced it fairly. Hope you get something worked out man!

Back