Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've seen researching online, PVC is a very bright (and inaccurate) white whereas ABS isn't as bright, and according to RS Propmasters may yellow over time?

I'm having a hard time making that final decision on which material to go with.

I debated over this before getting mine, too. In the end I went for accuracy. If the helmet yellows some after a few decades of display, I can live with it. The real props have too :)

The question of ABS vs PVC seemed to me to be more relevant if you were planning on trooping, from what I found in my looking anyway. I think no matter which you decide, you'll be more than happy.

Could always see if HDPE is still an option too :)

And that's what I was afraid of, Sergiu. Thanks!
Guess it's a waiting game for EFX or a reasonably priced LE, then.

[...]The question of ABS vs PVC seemed to me to be more relevant if you were planning on trooping, from what I found in my looking anyway. I think no matter which you decide, you'll be more than happy.

Could always see if HDPE is still an option too :)

Display only. If they did another HDPE run I'd go for it...

ABS is the answer for Hero.

But not necessarily for stunt? What's the difference?

This is probably the only helmet I'm excited about from the Force Awakens/Rogue Squadron - hopefully eFX or someone a bit quicker with production gets one up and running soon
Rogue1.jpg

HAA! I sent a screen shot of that yesterday to 3 friends, who are helping me look for a GRAFLEX, with the caption "WTF!". These friend are antiquers, estate sale attendees, & dumpster divers. Two have responded back with, "Ssssoooooo, how much will you be paying us when we find one?"
I think I'm screwed, for ever finding one cheap again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HAA! I sent a screen shot of that yesterday to 3 friends, who are helping me look for a GRAFLEX, with the caption "WTF!". These friend are antiquers, estate sale attendees, & dumpster divers. Two have responded back with, "Ssssoooooo, how much will you be paying us when we find one?"
I think I'm screwed, for ever finding one cheap again.

You shouldn't have sent that to someone helping you find it, unless their word is good and will not overprice their find for you.

Another one, this time quite rusty, with wrong bottom and no clamp lever (it's a screw there instead): Genuine Vintage Graflex 3 Cell Flash Star Wars Lightsaber Luke Skywalker | eBay . The prices for Graflexes are getting INSANE! And they are not even converted yet. For this one buyer also would need to get accurate parts too.

grf.jpg

Yeah, the prices are currently beyond insane. On eBay there are many selling, with multiple bids, close to a grand. & for just the flash handle, nothing else.

Whoa! I bought my first one for AU$20 (...back in 1996) and my second/last one for AU$230 about 5 years ago.

Yeah, the prices are currently beyond insane. On eBay there are many selling, with multiple bids, close to a grand. & for just the flash handle, nothing else.

Exactly, and to the Graflex itself you need to add accurate ABS t-tracks, D-ring and bubble strip (Exactra 19/20 if want to be uber accurate) for ANH Luke saber.

Anyone have the details on these death star panels EFX is selling? Seems out of the blue.

They need quick money to finish up the Biker Scout helmets, so they throw together a quick 12x12 plaque with easily cast tiles with a simple paint job. Easy money

Don't care about the EFX tiles. Those are something you can buy original screen used, of course more expensive and smaller, but they are present in film. Though I was never very interested in DS tiles, no matter if screen used or replicas.

Back