Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starkiller - TFU II.

IMG_2835_zpszryddnh3.jpg~original

IMG_2836_zpsu1nbgl2d.jpg~original

IMG_2837_zpslqefuysa.jpg~original

I like the leather grip. Is that pretty unique to the Starkiller design? Can't say I know much about saber designs apart from the ones seen in the films.

I like the leather grip. Is that pretty unique to the Starkiller design? Can't say I know much about saber designs apart from the ones seen in the films.

I really don't know. There are so many books, comics, and other media that I would assume there are other sabers with wraps. I have a FU Rahm Kota saber on order and that also has leather. See below picture.

Ro-lightsaber+Rahm+Kota6.jpg

That frown looks more like a Jedi Stormie helmet. & I thought when they re-tooled them for Empire, didn't they go to flat lenses? I could be wrong though.
Jkno, could you explain why they used green lenses? In all my looking, I can't find why they went with green.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That frown looks more like a Jedi Stormie helmet. & I thought when they re-tooled them for Empire, didn't they go to flat lenses? I could be wrong though.
Jkno, could you explain why they used green lenses? In all my looking, I can't find why they went with green.

Its an MKII Style helmet. These were made towards the end of filming for Empire but very few were used in the actual film. A few can be seen in the background of the Carbon freezing chamber, along with the new body armor with the ROTJ style edging. But these helmets were used primarily in ROTJ, so it is basically an production made ESB helmet in ROTJ Style. Does that make sense. You can read more the MKII helmet in Brandon Alinger's Original Trilogy "Costumes" book. It is a fantastic book ;)

Its an MKII Style helmet. These were made towards the end of filming for Empire but very few were used in the actual film. A few can be seen in the background of the Carbon freezing chamber, along with the new body armor with the ROTJ style edging. But these helmets were used primarily in ROTJ, so it is basically an production made ESB helmet in ROTJ Style. Does that make sense. You can read more the MKII helmet in Brandon Alinger's Original Trilogy "Costumes" book. It is a fantastic book ;)
I love that Costumes book. Thank you for reminding me of it [emoji2] [emoji106] . I completely forgot. I have since reread the Stormtrooper sections. I still don't know why they used green for the lenses, but at least I know they used bubble lenses in the Mk II.

Yes sir, but is easily the best part about Star Wars collecting, nothing beats 1:1 helmet and props on display.

That being said here is one of my 3 exceptions to the Original Trilogy Imperials only rule of collecting, together with the Gentle Giant Leia statue and Kotobukiya Droids statue: :D

Original Graflex Flashgun
Genuine Exactra 20 bubbles
Roy t-tracks & D-ring assembly
Custom stand & metal plaque

Graflex%20Luke%20Skywalker%20Lightsaber%2018.jpg

Graflex%20Luke%20Skywalker%20Lightsaber%2019.jpg

Luke_lightsaber_ANH_Graflex_01.jpg

Luke_lightsaber_ANH_Graflex_promo.jpg

Congratulations Jkno! That's an incredible saber. I'm trying to start my own build now. The GRAFLEX prices are currently killing me though. So I figure if I can score all the other parts I'll need, I'll at least have them ready to go once I do get a true antique GRAFLEX flash handle. I love that stand!

Holy crap. I never noticed that stuff hanging in Luke's sleeve before!

Electronics for the engine that rotates the blade?

Congratulations Jkno! That's an incredible saber. I'm trying to start my own build now. The GRAFLEX prices are currently killing me though. So I figure if I can score all the other parts I'll need, I'll at least have them ready to go once I do get a true antique GRAFLEX flash handle. I love that stand!

Thanks. :duff With my focus on OT Imperials this was a step outside the boundaries I'm used to, but glad I made this step.

Thanks. :duff With my focus on OT Imperials this was a step outside the boundaries I'm used to, but glad I made this step.

Looks great man, I have the exact same Graflex setup, except my T-tracks are Gino. Nothing like original parts. The real Exactra bubbles although a small part, the real ones make such a difference. Now keep going man, nothing wrong with collecting all the OT sabers. Each one is so unique, I just finished a Luke ROTJ V2, before that was a Romans Empire weathered ANH Obi-Wan. I have been looking for a genuine MPP, but currently have a Parks replica...oh yeah also you cant beat a good Solo ANH DL-44...slippery slope.

Looks great man, I have the exact same Graflex setup, except my T-tracks are Gino. Nothing like original parts. The real Exactra bubbles although a small part, the real ones make such a difference. Now keep going man, nothing wrong with collecting all the OT sabers. Each one is so unique, I just finished a Luke ROTJ V2, before that was a Romans Empire weathered ANH Obi-Wan. I have been looking for a genuine MPP, but currently have a Parks replica...oh yeah also you cant beat a good Solo ANH DL-44...slippery slope.

No more sabers for me, maybe except one of the Vader ones (though I do have 2 MR Vader force FX up on the wall). I wanted an iconic lightsaber, not very expensive and especially one that is made from genuine parts and that is enough. As for the blasters I already have all of the ones I wanted: Stormtrooper blaster ANH (Sterling and MR), ESB (Pugman), ROTJ (MGC and Pugman), plus Merr Sonn heavy pistol. The only other blasters I'd need are the big heavy guns (DLT-19/MG-34, T-21/Lewis, RT-97C/MG-15), but right now not sure I want resin or rubber replicas and real ones are not allowed here.

I do have a set of Gino t-tracks, but they are for my Sterling (together with a Marv and Roy set). And an extra set of Gino t-tracks for ... another (possible) Sterling ... which are already bent into shape by PWC himself. :)

As you know I have my focus and this was an exception. This focus of mine helps a lot when considering limited budget and space. Because both of these are quite limited, despite what some might think. Unlike other collectors out there who go on a Hasbro figures or Blu-Ray (or you name it) buying frenzy together with high end stuff from SW, Marvel, DC, horror etc., I rarely acquire other items that are out of my focus.

Back