Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Who made them? What are they made of? Who did the paint?

Thx, I wish i could get you more information, but I have no idea. My first helmet to the left is something I random got from ebay some years ago. It is made of firberglass and the paintjob is my own. The newer one is coldcast fiberglass and is made by a russian propmaker. That is all the information I got when I bought it :/

I went with the ANH Jim Dowdall signature edition. It's only 25 pounds more and comes with a stand and signature.

Good choice. I thought of getting him too, but already have 2 ANH RS lids, the one in this pic above on the right - their first edition ever, and the one on the life-size Stormie armor/mannequin. And display space is already limited.

Good choice. I thought of getting him too, but already have 2 ANH RS lids, the one in this pic above on the right - their first edition ever, and the one on the life-size Stormie armor/mannequin. And display space is already limited.

I wish I'd known about them sooner and got the signed Scout Trooper they did. Still waiting for eFX's. :impatient:

RS might make the Scout again so look out carefully. But RS guys indeed realized how hard is to make these helmets the same way the screen used were: out of 2 joined ABS halves. EFX Scout will not be made the same way alas, not even Legend, and that will make the RS still more accurate.

RS might make the Scout again so look out carefully. But RS guys indeed realized how hard is to make these helmets the same way the screen used were: out of 2 joined ABS halves. EFX Scout will not be made the same way alas, not even Legend, and that will make the RS still more accurate.

True. They may revisit the Scout. Most likely as an open edition and unsigned. Molded as one piece.

The whole thing as one piece? Or just the shell of the helmet, but still with flip up visor (like the one eFX isn't making)? If it will still have the flip up visor, I might jump on it. That way I can have a weathered version. IF they do make it.
I take it you guys are getting this news via FaceBook? I'm not on FaceBook, so this is the first I'm hearing about it.

I saw one sell for $1000 on BSN so the demand is definately there.

The whole thing as one piece? Or just the shell of the helmet, but still with flip up visor (like the one eFX isn't making)? If it will still have the flip up visor, I might jump on it. That way I can have a weathered version. IF they do make it.
I take it you guys are getting this news via FaceBook? I'm not on FaceBook, so this is the first I'm hearing about it.

We were saying "if" they decide to make it again.
Sorry for the confusion. :duff

What are your guys' favorite helmet stands? Looking for something pretty minimal that doesn't distract much. Also, are you able to "angle" your helmets while on the stands?

I saw one sell for $1000 on BSN so the demand is definately there.

Wow! I would not sell mine but I understand why the high price. It is the best Scout lid out there, and not even when/if EFX releases their Legend it might not be as accurate as RS version.

We were saying "if" they decide to make it again.
Sorry for the confusion. :duff

Scouts are much much harder to make than regular Stormies or TIE Pilots, which are the bread and butter for RS. The reason they only made so few Scouts so far.

What are your guys' favorite helmet stands? Looking for something pretty minimal that doesn't distract much. Also, are you able to "angle" your helmets while on the stands?

Peopl are using paper towel stands for their helmets, they work fine. I use some wood custom stands made by Hdtheater on FISD/501st, which are very solid and come with various logos sculpted on the base.

TE2 Stormtrooper stunt helmet 02.jpg

Personally, I use those velvet heads they use at beauty supply stores. They're only about $15-20 each and I'm still able to display each helmet inside of a detolf shelf since they're not raised that much.

17818606_1910214015920761_4526638617925255168_n.jpg

And here's a photo of my Luke X-Wing Helmet on it.

18095437_422105498160278_4629845333428404224_n.jpg

Personally, I use those velvet heads they use at beauty supply stores. They're only about $15-20 each and I'm still able to display each helmet inside of a detolf shelf since they're not raised that much.

And here's a photo of my Luke X-Wing Helmet on it.

18095437_422105498160278_4629845333428404224_n.jpg

Those are perfect for the open-face helmets. :hi5:

Back