Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I answered all the PMs I've gotten. It's been a long project lasting over two years with a lot of ups and downs. It also hasn't been cheap but I'm looking forward to it finally being over besides some upgrades!

To everyone who collects helmets - what do you use to display them if they don't come with a stand? I've heard a lot use paper towel holders. If so, what do you put on the end so the metal doesn't hurt the helmet material over time?

To everyone who collects helmets - what do you use to display them if they don't come with a stand? I've heard a lot use paper towel holders. If so, what do you put on the end so the metal doesn't hurt the helmet material over time?

I've seen people use tennis balls with a small cut to fit into the end of the stand.

Helmet is done! Here's some horrible pictures! Some more updates coming over this Christmas break!

Cf9mSTL.jpg

ikOqCO2.jpg

s5RjebK.jpg

qwFqJK1.jpg

There is a guy on RPF and FISD named hdtheater who makes great solid wooden stands with various logos for $15-25: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38914-helmet-stands/. I use them for 90% of the helmets I have that don't come with original stands.

LoneWolf Scout helmet 01.jpg

RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper ANH 1st edition helmet 02.jpg

I just use this velvet mannequin heads with the acrylic bases. Works especially well as they're low enough to still fit a Fett helmet inside of one detolf shelf.

So let's talk about how amazing Phil (Cyberman)'s Yoda sculpt is now with these perfect acrylic eyes...

15591274_10211532646137332_9085161917884926425_o.jpg

From the Cargo Hold fb group

Back