Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking TIE helmets!

One week has now passed since I posted to the RS Props Facebook page, inquiring about my two unanswered emails, related to my complete TIE helmet/suit commission paid for in January...... The response said simply that my issue would be addressed "tomorrow." Do they just not like me? :dunno

I picked up Hasbro's Black Series Stormtrooper helmet. It's a great deal for $80 and I'll post pictures next to my RS Stunt today.

Also, was supposed to have a fun update today and FedEx and their awful service pushed delivery to Monday...

One week has now passed since I posted to the RS Props Facebook page, inquiring about my two unanswered emails, related to my complete TIE helmet/suit commission paid for in January...... The response said simply that my issue would be addressed "tomorrow." Do they just not like me? :dunno

No, it's just RS customer service that is not top notch alas. They still owe me around £20 for shipping my damaged lid their way. Not a peep from them though

Glad I dodged that bullet.

That sucks to hear. Before I got the WTF kit, I was about to go with RSProps to get one done too. I've e-mailed them pretty frequently and they're usually pretty quick. I hope they make it right for you.

And if you want nice decently accurate blaster or lightsaber, you can get a Master Replicas. But if you want a really accurate prop, made just like the screen used, with real vintage parts then in many cases you need to spend a lot more than on a MR prop replica. But well worth in the end, because you'll have a prop that would be just like the screen used. And for some of the people crying about dings and warts on props, we can only say that one of the finest qualities of Star Wars, among so many others, was that the movies showed a used universe, and that made it believable.
True, I like mine weathered and built from real parts. More authentic and much more pride in ownership as well.

I hope to hear something by the middle of next week, some sort of response at least, to the follow-up Facebook post I made today.

From FB comparison of Stormtrooper helmets:

11232.jpg

From left to right: the new R1 Hasbro Black Series, EFX or MR LE (fiberglass) and MR CE or EFX PCR plastic one.

Nice comparison pic.
Looks like the MR LE fiberglass lid is the closest to getting it right. That's the one that gets my vote in this comparison.

Nice comparison pic.
Looks like the MR LE fiberglass lid is the closest to getting it right. That's the one that gets my vote in this comparison.

Of course :), it is the most accurate of the three (still has some issues on its own though - the reason EFX said they will make the Stormtrooper Hero helmet - question is when LOL), but quite expensive now. MR CE/EFX PCR are nice helmets but missing on accuracy badly, the good thing is that they are ABS, so in a way they feel like the old screen used ones. The R1 from Hasbro is quite a good helmet for the money. Maybe if we measure all things this is more accurate to R1 than MR CE/EFX PCR is to OT. Some say it is on the small size, so if the buyer has a Zeppelin head it might not fit.

Here it is a R1 lid disassembled by a RPF member:

IMG_20161002_015540.jpg

And a couple more pics of the exterior and interior of Hasbro helmet:

ext.jpg interior.jpg interior2.jpg

Not bad IMO

Quick question for the experts. Does the ANH E-11 have the wires from the counter to the cyclinders? I just can't remember. I got a Hyperfirm recently and want to add some upgrades.
20160926_203222_zps0quaianp.jpg

Quick question for the experts. Does the ANH E-11 have the wires from the counter to the cyclinders? I just can't remember. I got a Hyperfirm recently and want to add some upgrades.
20160926_203222_zps0quaianp.jpg

Depends on what you want: screen accurate or promo pics/photo accurate. On screen the wires they used were so thin, ugly looking and insignificant that you might want to leave them out. Look for The scene of Mr. No Stripes searching for Leia on Tantive 4 and for the Stormtrooper behind Leia on left when talking to Vader. Or you can make them like in the Chronicles book below.

star-wars-chronicles-imperial-military-models-blasters.jpg

Personally on my E-11 blaster I have no wires, looks so much better without

Sterling Stormtrooper Blaster 66.jpg

Back