Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I've finally finished building my TIE helmet kit, added the bubble lenses today.

3315.jpg

3316.jpg

Just need to sort out a cabinet to display it in with my other SW stuff, but it's too big to fit a Billy bookcase with doors :(. Looks like I'll have to go with a Besta, but they don't do full height or near frameless doors for those :/

Dan

Think I've finally finished building my TIE helmet kit, added the bubble lenses today.

3315.jpg

3316.jpg

Just need to sort out a cabinet to display it in with my other SW stuff, but it's too big to fit a Billy bookcase with doors :(. Looks like I'll have to go with a Besta, but they don't do full height or near frameless doors for those :/

Dan

That's awesome. My buddy just got done building mine and I'm even more excited because Sideshow just announced the figure for it today too:lol

Just gotta find a nice bust or something to display it on like jkno has.

14470463_1275996255758566_3252820871488163085_n.jpg

That's awesome. My buddy just got done building mine and I'm even more excited because Sideshow just announced the figure for it today too[emoji38]

I've got two Marmit TIE pilots, I'll be displaying them with the helmet - going to paint up the helmet on one of them to add the Widow's Tears or another silver marked helmet from ANH. Although I need to 3d print some belt buckles first as neither has them.

Dan

I've got two Marmit TIE pilots, I'll be displaying them with the helmet - going to paint up the helmet on one of them to add the Widow's Tears or another silver marked helmet from ANH. Although I need to 3d print some belt buckles first as neither has them.

Dan

Nice, Dan. It just sucks that the new Sideshow TIE Pilot has a shiny suit. Gonna just try to score the helmet and swap out the one on my TIE Figure and call it a day. I mentioned it in the Figure thread, but I wonder if they'll acknowledge that guy from Rogue One is the same guy as Vader's Wingman in ANH.

That's awesome. My buddy just got done building mine and I'm even more excited because Sideshow just announced the figure for it today too[emoji38]

Just gotta find a nice bust or something to display it on like jkno has.

14470463_1275996255758566_3252820871488163085_n.jpg

Didn't see the pic you had in your post earlier, not sure why Tapatalk didn't display it. That's really nice, I'd love to get the chest armour and box at some point but can't justify it yet.

Dan

He finally got an M19 scope from some guy on FISD. Not sure how much he paid, but glad I got my own M19 (and M38 & M40) scope before these crazy prices. In the end the idea with these genuine vintage greeblies and real parts is that most are not made anymore, they are hard to find, and they are hunted by both Star Wars and militaria collectors, and thus prices are going up constantly. A couple years ago you could get a M38 or M40 scope (used on E-11 blasters) for $70-80, and a Hengstler Eagle with metal sleeve for similar price or even less. Now they are $200-300, and continuously rising. The same with other scopes used for Fett or the other Han blasters. Also look at genuine Graflexes, crazy.

And if you want nice decently accurate blaster or lightsaber, you can get a Master Replicas. But if you want a really accurate prop, made just like the screen used, with real vintage parts then in many cases you need to spend a lot more than on a MR prop replica. But well worth in the end, because you'll have a prop that would be just like the screen used. And for some of the people crying about dings and warts on props, we can only say that one of the finest qualities of Star Wars, among so many others, was that the movies showed a used universe, and that made it believable.

Back