Possible 2013 Toys Fair Exclusives (Hot Toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I thought it was pretty late in the game, just a couple of weeks before SDCC which is 3rd week in July. And people were *****ing because of the lateness, because they couldn't budget the $$$ that they were planning to spend at SDCC.

And last year they did this goofy puzzle thing where they revealed a puzzle piece every time the SSC facebook page got a certain number of likes. It didn't bring in the amount of likes that they were hoping for, so they revealed pretty late. Hopefully this year it won't be so complicated.

Last year I thought it was pretty late in the game, just a couple of weeks before SDCC which is 3rd week in July. And people were *****ing because of the lateness, because they couldn't budget the $$$ that they were planning to spend at SDCC.

And last year they did this goofy puzzle thing where they revealed a puzzle piece every time the SSC facebook page got a certain number of likes. It didn't bring in the amount of likes that they were hoping for, so they revealed pretty late. Hopefully this year it won't be so complicated.

Agreed-the earlier the better!:clap

I am starting to worry that they may make Iron Whiplash the SDCC exclusive HT. With the fact we have seen his prototype on display at shows, but no PO for him.
I actually hope they don't make him an SDCC exclusive. I don't want him to be so exclusive that he ends up being a ***** to get.

Hopefully it's something from Iron Man that's non-essential. One of Tony's drone suits or something I couldn't care less about :lol

My worry is that it's Golden Age Cap, but looking at the soft sales of Rescue Cap, maybe they go a different direction.

Hopefully it's something from Iron Man that's non-essential. One of Tony's drone suits or something I couldn't care less about :lol

My worry is that it's Golden Age Cap, but looking at the soft sales of Rescue Cap, maybe they go a different direction.
race track tony :pray::pray:

I am starting to worry that they may make Iron Whiplash the SDCC exclusive HT. With the fact we have seen his prototype on display at shows, but no PO for him.
I actually hope they don't make him an SDCC exclusive. I don't want him to be so exclusive that he ends up being a ***** to get.

I guess that's a possibility. But the only figure that we knew about in advance technically was Rescue Cap, but somehow his picture got leaked somewhere. Hot Toys is not keeping Iron Whiplash a secret so I'm thinking he will be a regular release.

You should be hoping that Iron Whiplash IS a SDCC "exclusive" because that means he'll be available in July.

Assuming they do 2013 like they did 2012, those were "exclusive" in name only. You had to order them online, and they had to be shipped to you - you could not pick them up at SDCC.

Great for people who don't go, but for those who do, they basically lose their exclusivity.

Banner would make sense. Cheap figure that they can charge $230 for.

Which would be ridiculous. Coulson is bad enough being a guy in a suit for $175. I want Banner but what else would he come with? Someone suggested an alternate Hulk sculpt which would be cool but what else? Motorcycle? Seriously he should be like $140 depending on accessories.

Which would be ridiculous. Coulson is bad enough being a guy in a suit for $175. I want Banner but what else would he come with? Someone suggested an alternate Hulk sculpt which would be cool but what else? Motorcycle? Seriously he should be like $140 depending on accessories.

Calcuta courier bag, glasses, jacket, loki's scepter, a desk with science stuff (YEAH SCIENCE!) or a motorcycle. I agree he shouldn't be more than 200 bucks though.

You should be hoping that Iron Whiplash IS a SDCC "exclusive" because that means he'll be available in July.

Assuming they do 2013 like they did 2012, those were "exclusive" in name only. You had to order them online, and they had to be shipped to you - you could not pick them up at SDCC.

Great for people who don't go, but for those who do, they basically lose their exclusivity.

Yeah I hope he is an exclusive, so we get him faster, but I think it is unlikely he will be.

Wouldn't it be great if they surprised everyone and had a Marty McFly? I know it'll never happen, but last year's Lt. Gordon and the complete surprise that was, gives me hope. There were no teasers or anything before that was revealed.

Wouldn't it be great if they surprised everyone and had a Marty McFly? I know it'll never happen, but last year's Lt. Gordon and the complete surprise that was, gives me hope. There were no teasers or anything before that was revealed.

Would be great. But I keep thinking back to that teaser pic that they gave us in January that had protos of Banner, Jor-El, Batsignal, armory, another Gordon, etc and can't help but think 1 or 2 of those would be SDCC exclusives especially because none of them have been put up for PO at this point.

Would be great. But I keep thinking back to that teaser pic that they gave us in January that had protos of Banner, Jor-El, Batsignal, armory, another Gordon, etc and can't help but think 1 or 2 of those would be SDCC exclusives especially because none of them have been put up for PO at this point.
I forgot about that Jor El. That would be a great ex too. HT is the only company that releases figures 8-10months after the movie is out in theaters. I think the only exception being Dx12 which was 5.

There was another Gordon in that pic? Where was he? Didn't catch him.

There was another Gordon in that pic? Where was he? Didn't catch him.

I think someone did a 'map' of who each of the figs were in that pic and one was a detective Gordon. I could be wrong on that. It was back in January and I can barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :lol

I think someone did a 'map' of who each of the figs were in that pic and one was a detective Gordon. I could be wrong on that. It was back in January and I can barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :lol

:rotfl Yeah I remember the pic, just don't remember seeing a Gordon figure...guess I will have to examine it again. I really want a Gordon figure in his detective suit with a trenchcoat! I passed on the SWAT version.

:rotfl Yeah I remember the pic, just don't remember seeing a Gordon figure...guess I will have to examine it again. I really want a Gordon figure in his detective suit with a trenchcoat! I passed on the SWAT version.

Yea that would be really cool. I think the talk of another Gordon may have come from that Batsignal and whether or not a Gordon figure would be a part of that. Hopefully someone with a better memory than me will step in here. There was a lot of talk when that pic was released.

Back