Pippin's Scarf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BV, do you think the print can be made into an applique that we can just put onto the current shirt?

It would look really bad due to the scale. If I can work out the embroidery thing though, It could more than likely be embroidered onto the shirts you have.

So one scenario has you making the whole shirt from scratch and the other is we send you our shirts?

I am looking at three options at the moment.

1. Custom Printed Fabric and the shirt made custom.

2. Embroidered fabric the make a custom shirt from it.

3. Try and Embroider directly on the current shirts we already have.

Really I will just have to see which turns out the best. But I will try all three.

I am going to try and experiment on my embroidery machine as well to see how it will turn out actually embroidered because those are just basic stitch patterns. However I will have to see how this affects the drape of the shirt. Stay tuned.

What machine are you using? I tried a test printing on someone's embroidery machine and we couldn't get the pattern to stitch very well in such a small scale. And as you said, it may cause issues with the drape. It'll be awesome if you can get it to work.

Its a Commercial Brother, but I am really leaning towards the printed fabric option due to the size of the pattern.

Just have to finish up a few things on this guy first.

dec-w17.jpg

Very cool. Have you found a suitable material or will it just be a test of the pattern? I was thinking a slightly fuzzy flannel to cheat the knit texture, but not sure what materials you are able to print on to get a solid pattern.

I know this project has been left in the dust along with pretty much everything else in this section, but I found a tailor who was able to make a scarf for Pippin. I have added two pictures for this.

The cost per scarf is $10 along with shipping which shouldn't be more than a $1. I've already placed an order for 5 scarfs, one of which is for me. Let me know if you guys are interested and I can ship the ones I got and possibly order more.

pip-scarf2.jpg

pip-scarf.jpg

I understand where you're coming from, however, the way I see it is, I've put way too much money into these figures not have them completed. I've contacted Eric Sosa about Pippin and if he doesn't get back to me within the next week, I will start contacting other sculptors. I'm tired of waiting around. While it's still uncertain whether we will see Merry from Dave, we can all help to get Pipping completed.

Back