Pippin's Scarf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but there's a very nice scarf that comes with the 10-inch talking Tom Baker Doctor Who action figure. The stitches are quite small and tight, so it doesn't have that weird poofy look of those Barbie scarves. I'll try to take some photos this weekend and post them.

Here's a picture of the Doctor Who scarf.

DSC00022.jpg

Sorry I let you guys down with a promis of pics of this material I found.

Basically, I found material at a fabric store that is used to make thermal long underwear. It has a very woven look. It may look TOO woven.

I found it in grey, white, and a baby blue. The baby blue is bright and would need fading, but it may be easier to fade than to dye the white or grey into the blue/grey of pips scarf. Anyway, I have attempted to hand sew the toothy pattern and well, that doesn't look so good.

At any rate, I will get a picture of the fabric up soon.

On positive news, I found string that is the perfect colors for the fringe.

You know, I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to use a piece of grey felt material, cut to the proper size, and then just sew on the fringe and use a magic marker for the small colour bits. At 1:6 scale it's really not necessary to get those colour spots in a perfect star shape or anything, just the hint of colour is all that's required for the illusion to work.

With the awesome pattern on his Deckard shirt and interest in the merry/pippin thread, BlindVoyeur could come probably come up with an accurate print for Pippin's scarf.

This is fantastic work:
dec-w15.jpg

I might try using cross stitch hardanger material. Not sure if I can find it in gray though. I've got some white here that I might play around with just to see if it will work.

The gray flannel idea sounds pretty good though.

Back