Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Locked in a pre-order for this version of Marty. Just need to pre-order Part III Doc at some point and I’ll have the entire figure collection (either own or on pre-order).

I haven't looked at these figures in quite a while. The Marty sculpt is a lot better than I remembered, but Doc just looks way off and I struggle to see any likeness to him at all. Probably not much hope of them improving it though.

Wonder if it’ll says “Feb-March” on Wednesday or if they’ll be pushed back even further

I assume Part III Doc will be delayed too. If so that works for me as I have Marty paid off and have yet to order Doc.

m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg
m5.jpg
m6.jpg
m7.jpg
m8.jpg
m9.jpg

Damn. Could have done without this temptation right now.

Seems unlikely NECA will do Part III figures. Either I don't bother representing the film at all or I buy these Hot Toys figures despite not having any of the other Hot Toys BTTF figures.

Reagan pointed out a couple of times that there's no prong in the buckle of the gun belt. I checked Sideshow's video, and theirs was the same. It wasn't in the promo photos either.

Weird for a supposedly high end company to skip something so basic. But then this BTTF III pair look to be on the lower end of Hot Toys' catalogue. Reagan also noted Marty's cheap looking hands, and suggested this was "a rushed product".

To make sure Hot Toys weren't being screen accurate in missing it, here's the original belt from the film:

San_Diego_Comic-Con_2011_-_Martys_Back_to_the_Future_III_holster_(Profiles_in_History_booth)_(...jpg

Should be a simple fix by cutting down a paper clip and pushing it through the hole. That's what I did when I made this dog collar:

100_4325.JPG

That review makes the figure look better than I initially thought from the blogger pictures. Glad to be getting it. A couple minor issues but overall looks like a good release.

The figure is a mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly...

I think the sculpt works, but as Reagan describes it, it's a bit soft.

marty (1).jpg
marty (2).jpg
marty (3).jpg
marty (4).jpg
marty (5).jpg
marty (6).jpg

He looks good posed here, but the hat is shiny and plasticky:

marty (7).jpg
marty (8).jpg

The photo without the poncho is probably how I'll have mine, as I want him to do double duty as a Billy the Kid type in the western collection.

Reagan thought the hands looked like they were from a third party bootlegger:

Marty hands.jpg
Marty hand.jpg

Back