Pippin's Scarf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand where you're coming from, however, the way I see it is, I've put way too much money into these figures not have them completed. I've contacted Eric Sosa about Pippin and if he doesn't get back to me within the next week, I will start contacting other sculptors. I'm tired of waiting around. While it's still uncertain whether we will see Merry from Dave, we can all help to get Pipping completed.

Go for it Carbo. I shall watch with baited breath and open wallet!:clap

Thanks guys.

I went ahead and placed an order for 5 scarfs. I'll post pictures and if people like them, I can order more. I'm pretty sure once we show our completed hobbits to members outside of this forum (It will happen!!!!), they'll want to get this stuff asap, so I know I didn't just blow $55, in case you guys don't want it.:lol

Well, you could always use them to keep a family of hamsters warm. :lol

I should probably get one of these, but I just need to decide if I want to go forward with the project or not.

I completely understand your predicament, but I know once we see at least one of the remaining hobbits, the urge to complete the fellowship will be inevitble.

I know we can get some decent sculptors to do the hobbits. They may not be what Dave had in mind, but to me, having sub-standard sculpts is better than having no sculpts at all.

I completely understand your predicament, but I know once we see at least one of the remaining hobbits, the urge to complete the fellowship will be inevitble.

I know we can get some decent sculptors to do the hobbits. They may not be what Dave had in mind, but to me, having sub-standard sculpts is better than having no sculpts at all.

I mean we got a sub standard Faramir lol!

Here's a picture of the finished items my tailor sent me. I should have the scarfs in two weeks or less.

He also sent me his custom Gandalf robes. I'll take pictures of those once I get it in hand. He also agreed to do a Saruman robe. :D

ashad.jpg

So far, all 5 have been taken already.

Superdoug, Jason2885, WetaNut and jaffakitkat. Of course I'll get one as well. :)

Here's a picture of the finished items my tailor sent me. I should have the scarfs in two weeks or less.

He also sent me his custom Gandalf robes. I'll take pictures of those once I get it in hand. He also agreed to do a Saruman robe. :D

ashad.jpg

So far, all 5 have been taken already.

Superdoug, Jason2885, WetaNut and jaffakitkat. Of course I'll get one as well. :)
Those look great cant wait to get one then all I will need is a couple heads a cloak for Merry and the Fellowship will finally be complete.

I think I've come up with another potential solution to the scarf problem. I was worried about the thickness of the material, the size of the stitches/weave, and the way the scarf would hang on a 1:6 body.

Basically, I'm going to try and find a pair of grey bootlaces - the wide, flat kind (maybe 1cm in width). I'll sew a reinforcing stitch along the ends and cut the lace about 1cm below the stitch. This will allow the threads to separate at the ends to become the fringe, but without going past the reinforcing stitch line.

I'll then use some yellow, red and/or brown markers to colour some of the fringe, and also do the pattern on the scarf proper.

Now I just need to find the right size bootlaces...

That was basically Nam/my solution as well. I haven't had time to put the pieces together, but when I do I think the scale will be a bit more convincing (though carbo's scarf looks really REALLY good too).

Back