Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You both figured out the magnets better than me. Not sure why the fold doesn’t line up with the red S on mine.

Pretty Happy with mine, sorry about the very poor photo
IMG_20230717_230833~2.jpg

Pretty Happy with mine, sorry about the very poor photoView attachment 650208
You’re the second person within a few posts to stand his Marty on a completely random base for another character.

Are you not a fan of the cheap, rectangular block HT provide for this figure?

I’ve finally made the move away from stands unless they’re are diorama-esque and the display does actually looks miles better and it’s so much easier to have ensembles together without taking up unnecessarily huge amounts of space

You’re the second person within a few posts to stand his Marty on a completely random base for another character.

I’ve finally made the move away from stands unless they’re are diorama-esque and the display does actually looks miles better and it’s so much easier to have ensembles together without taking up unnecessarily huge amounts of space
It's not that I dislike the stand, it's more that I have no room to put them in my display cabinet, I don't care what stands are on my figures aslong as they stand up

I’m the same way. Literally who cares about stands at all. Unless of course it’s something cool or beautiful. One thing for sure nothing is uglier or stupider than the giant hexagonal or rectangular hot toys stands for the precise reason that K. Bowen mentioned

If hot toys wants to sell me for figures they should actually be giving them SMALLER more discreet stands

back to the future doesn’t mean that much to me. I think I’ve only seen part 3 once before I sort of rewatched it to futz this figure.

I actually think they are all kind of overrated. Having said that as compared to many other franchises of course I’m a fan and will never want to be without part 1 Marty, Doc and the Delorian. But the sequel stuff is expendable to me. Having said that I’m pleased that Hot Toys followed through so I got this and will get Doc.

But it’s not a great figure. It’s fine I guess. Sadly I’m starting to realize that a standard Hot Toy is no longer a luxury figure. With the price of toys increased so much, inflation etc you are looking at the new trend in 500 plus figure for a top caliber figure. Something like this is between one of the new elite hot toy or inart or whatever and a mezco.

So hot toys doesn’t care. Doesn’t care to improve and it shows.

Right down to the lame ass same old same old stupid squinty head sculpt that I hate and just want to see someone do MJF not in that expression. It’s why I still maintain part 2 is the best head.

In any case after some futzing it’s not the worst thing in the world. Passable for the most part with some nice things here and there.

Forgive my bad pics but I wanted to show this to address to concerns I heard listed here.

I would ideally like to repaint some of his face, especially the eyebrows and make his eyes lighter blue ad well as make the hat more realistic but I’m sure I’ll sell this one day.

What I wanted to show is two things that anyone with zero customizing skill level can do today to improve the look of their figure. And is reversible if need be.

1) bandana: tug a bit on it by the tie to widen the neck hole. This will get it to lay flatter and show more of his collar. Very easy to do.
2) hat: I’ve heard it said that it sits too high in his head but I don’t think that's accurate. In most of the scenes his forehead and bangs shoe as much as they do here. But I can understand why people are having a problem with it because I believe the shape is the issue. Take a hair drier to it for a min and then push down on the rim to dip it down a bit. I suspect this will bend back over time but if it does, just do it again.

Attachments

• IMG_7574.jpeg
    IMG_7574.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7575.jpeg
    IMG_7575.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Really like how cleanly you got the bandana to sit Ray. You make some great points about where we are currently with 1/6 collecting, quality, competition and pricing. I am glad that HT actually made the old west Part III versions. Never thought that would happen. As long as they’re serviceable, I’ll be fine. Body scale, tailoring and accessories are key, maybe some amazing custom head sculpts will pop up down the road to improve on the stock one’s.

And when has HT ever completed a line, so it’s surprising they actually did here with a 35 year-old franchise

I opened doc today and got Marty back out to have a look at them both togetherand I noticed his pants look like the have a tear in them, is anyone elses like this or did I get a defect ?
IMG_20230730_202530.jpg
IMG_20230730_202533.jpg
IMG_20230730_202536.jpg
IMG_20230730_202540.jpg
maybe the pants are just made weird and it's not a tear ?

on contrary i started to use stands previously i did not while i did not face much tumbling i figured having them stand on their own feet puts stress on the plastic joints even since my HT wesker had his engle slot broken and topped or shattered a small figure which i put back.

I’ve finally made the move away from stands unless they’re are diorama-esque and the display does actually looks miles better and it’s so much easier to have ensembles together without taking up unnecessarily huge amounts of sp

back to the future doesn’t mean that much to me. I think I’ve only seen part 3 once before I sort of rewatched it to futz this figure.

I actually think they are all kind of overrated. Having said that as compared to many other franchises of course I’m a fan and will never want to be without part 1 Marty, Doc and the Delorian. But the sequel stuff is expendable to me. Having said that I’m pleased that Hot Toys followed through so I got this and will get Doc.

But it’s not a great figure. It’s fine I guess. Sadly I’m starting to realize that a standard Hot Toy is no longer a luxury figure. With the price of toys increased so much, inflation etc you are looking at the new trend in 500 plus figure for a top caliber figure. Something like this is between one of the new elite hot toy or inart or whatever and a mezco.

So hot toys doesn’t care. Doesn’t care to improve and it shows.

Right down to the lame ass same old same old stupid squinty head sculpt that I hate and just want to see someone do MJF not in that expression. It’s why I still maintain part 2 is the best head.

In any case after some futzing it’s not the worst thing in the world. Passable for the most part with some nice things here and there.

Forgive my bad pics but I wanted to show this to address to concerns I heard listed here.

I would ideally like to repaint some of his face, especially the eyebrows and make his eyes lighter blue ad well as make the hat more realistic but I’m sure I’ll sell this one day.

What I wanted to show is two things that anyone with zero customizing skill level can do today to improve the look of their figure. And is reversible if need be.

1) bandana: tug a bit on it by the tie to widen the neck hole. This will get it to lay flatter and show more of his collar. Very easy to do.
2) hat: I’ve heard it said that it sits too high in his head but I don’t think that's accurate. In most of the scenes his forehead and bangs shoe as much as they do here. But I can understand why people are having a problem with it because I believe the shape is the issue. Take a hair drier to it for a min and then push down on the rim to dip it down a bit. I suspect this will bend back over time but if it does, just do it again.
if you plan on having the bandana and poncho on i suggest give em a warm water soak, in fact the brown jacket too as in the long run they will stain the white shirt. or get a spare shirt while you can.

Back