Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - Outfit WIP teaser and head sculpt limited 2nd run

i'm in for gloved and tools....man...i can't wait to have all this put together....:)

Beto is actually selling 11 of his myers sculpts for about 50.00 and their is Caine awsome sculpt bit the list Is full.do you have any plans to do any of the torture tools pinhead uses and has hanging on his outfit?

yeah i saw that but i wouldn't know the first thing aboout putting hair on the headsculpt and the head looked a lil too big...i did however like Caines but didn't make it in time to get in on that list....but ok...sorry Mark...will take this convo elsewhere...:)

i'm in for a head and box and the outfit!!!!!!

I definitely think at least one set of hands with the gloved pinky and thumb would be needed... possibly a few interchangable ones.

No worries there. I am working on including one set of gloves with the outfit, they are part of it after all ;). They will either be part of the sleeve as one long piece, or separate to allow for interchangeable hands. The second set of hands I was referring to would be another completely different sculpted set. Made with the long pins through the hands for that specific pose.

I'm open to suggestions though. If anyone has a good/different idea for the hands let me know!

Awesome work on the outfit. Really tempting.

please put me down for, well, all of it. head, outfit, hands, tools, ect. looking phenomenal!

Just curious, are you going to make a seperate interest thread for this when the time comes or is this the thread you will build your list off of?

Just curious, are you going to make a seperate interest thread for this when the time comes or is this the thread you will build your list off of?

Hi Joe,

I'm just going to build the list in this thread. The 2nd run of heads are available now. Anyone that wants one now please pm me for details.

Thanks everyone!

On that note, if anyone knows where to get thin sheets of leather please let me know :)
i found real thin black leather from a coat on e-bay and it was $5.00 for almost a square yrd! look on the bay ya might get lucky...oh and I LOVE YOUR WORK ON THIS!!!!

i found real thin black leather from a coat on e-bay and it was $5.00 for almost a square yrd! look on the bay ya might get lucky...oh and I LOVE YOUR WORK ON THIS!!!!

Thanks Reverend!

I'll deffinately check out eBay for the leather. What did you search for though? When I searched for thin black leather I got a billion listings for jewelry, wallets and full cloths.

I wonder if you can find what you need a place like Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann Fabrics. I'd imagine buying a few yards of material would be cheaper than a ton of different jackets you'd then chop up for parts.

i've looked for really thin 1/6 scale appropriate leather or even pleather at JoAnns and Hobby Lobby, and they didn't have anything decent, tho it has been 7-8 years ago, so they could by now.

i remember speaking with Stevotoys few years ago about leather for 1/6 and he pointed me to Tandy leather for remnant pieces.
looks like Rio-Rondo might have really thin stuff
https://www.riorondo.com/leather/index.html
if i recall, Stevo stated that good 1/6 leather would be like 1.5-2.0 oz. i would contact whoever it was you were buying it from, if online, and tell 'em you need it very thin for 1/6 scale

I've checked michaels and acmoore, but all they had was bags of random small squares of leather. I'll give Jo-Ann fabrics a try, didn't even think about that.

Thanks for the link Mookeylama, I'll check them out too!

How can I get a pinhead

I'm so ready for this outfit to be finished!!! How is it coming along?

Nava, you have a pm :)

Bluevertigo, The outfit is coming along great! Still making adjustments to the detail and other parts of the outfit. I will be posting another WIP pic soon.

Can't wait to see it

Back