Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 4/22 page 5 Outfit WIP

Hi all,

Realized I haven't posted an update in a while so here ya go. This is another early WIP of the outfit but this one shows a little of the chest detail. Please keep in mind this is still an early WIP I was still roughing out the body shape as well.

outfit2a.jpg

I should also note that I ripped off the neck pice b.c I kept dinging it with my hand. It was added back later.

Questions and comments welcome!

Thanks everyone :)

Getting the detail on the arms (not shown here yet) has been a bit frustrating. Been having some trouble finding clear pictures of the arms. If anyone has any pics please let me know!

Awesome work :rock

Definitely interested in a HS and box, but would need the outfit as well so I'll wait until it's all ready to go.

You could try yourprops.com, search for Hellraiser, a number of people have listed the original Pinhead costumes on there that you could use for reference :)

Awesome work :rock

Definitely interested in a HS and box, but would need the outfit as well so I'll wait until it's all ready to go.

You could try yourprops.com, search for Hellraiser, a number of people have listed the original Pinhead costumes on there that you could use for reference :)

Thanks for the link. I will definately check that out.

I don't know how accurate the NECA statue is, but here is a pic:

Thanks for the pic Reinhardt. I have the 7" version of neca's pinhead but the larger one would definitely come in handy right now. The 7 in is hard to tell what is outfit detail and with is a fold in the clothing. I'm going to look for more hi res images of that pic. It seems to have most if not all of the detail I need a reference for.

Hey all, got some new pics coming this week. I wasn't happy with the arms so Friday night I stripped them down and re-sculpted them. I'm happier with how it looks now. I've got 1 arm done and half of the other one done. New pics will be up as soon as the left arm is done.

Hey Mark are you all set with reference pics? The Planet Hollywood by me had the full suit last I was there(6 months ago). I don't remember which part it was from(and I'm not sure if it differs much from movie to movie). If you want I can try to grab some detailed shots of it if that helps.

BTW do you have any finished pics of the sculpt(painted and pinned)?

Hey Mark are you all set with reference pics? The Planet Hollywood by me had the full suit last I was there(6 months ago). I don't remember which part it was from(and I'm not sure if it differs much from movie to movie). If you want I can try to grab some detailed shots of it if that helps.

BTW do you have any finished pics of the sculpt(painted and pinned)?

I could alway use more ref pics :) if you can get some, thanks! The outfit definitely changes from movie to movie and I've also found that it seems to differ between model kits, busts and figures. Most of the good ref pics I've found have been from the later movies like or the neca figures.

I don't have a painted version yet. I wanted to finish all of the parts before spending time on trying to paint it, ESP when I've never tried painting a 1/6th head before. I will pm you some of the other pics of the head that I have already posted that are pinned ( pins are included with the head btw:) )

Last edited:

Sorry man I called the Planet Hollywood today in Times Square and they're shutting down till Jan. for renovations. SUX! I could have got you some up close and personals with the screen used piece. I wish I saw this thread a couple months ago.

@Popcultkid - Man that sucks, but thanks for trying!

Elar, thanks for posting those, I have seen some of those pics. Have them saved. That is what I was talking about though, the detail in each of those are so different I was having a hard time figuring out which style to go with. I do want to get feed back on the arms once pics go up.

Fishzilla......dude, that is SICK! That is a damn fine collection you have. Also if you feel like sending me some pics of the shoulders and the back, I certainly would love to see them ;)

I would think you would want to reference this from the suit from the 1st two films. All of these pictures above are later suits and fan suits. I'll see what pictures I have that I can send you. The Planet Hollywood Pinhead in NYC is from the 4th film, and there's one in Las Vegas that's not a screen used suit.

I'll see what I have that I can send over when I get home from work today.

I would think you would want to reference this from the suit from the 1st two films. All of these pictures above are later suits and fan suits. I'll see what pictures I have that I can send you. The Planet Hollywood Pinhead in NYC is from the 4th film, and there's one in Las Vegas that's not a screen used suit.

I'll see what I have that I can send over when I get home from work today.

Thanks Fish! If you can't take pics, I totally understand. I don't want you to risk moving that big display just for a few pics. I am trying to make it look as much like the first two films as possible. I'm just really curious to see a pic of the back of any of the suits really. There are some shot's here and there but Pinhead is almost always seen from the front.

Back