Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 9/19 Pg.16 - Molding round 2 starting this weekend

I would like the outfit and the box please

So, how molding coming?

Molding is going good. I have the front part molded. will be molding the back today or tomorrow depending on time. The mold should be ready to go in time for when the urethane gets here.

Mark! please add me to list for all. I prefer a complete figure with all accessories. thx

Definitely in for the whole thing. His head is getting lonely. LOL

Will do MrVolatile96!

Reinhardt, I know. I had to redo the sculpt a 3rd time b/c it got locked into the last mold. The sculpt and the mold were both damaged trying to separate them. As of today the sculpt is fixed/done again and the first mold is done. I'm working up a second mold for it today. I'm trying to have this done before the end of November. I just keep running into road bumps. This has been a steep learning curve.

how is this coming along?..any updates?

It's coming along really good actually. This past weekend I did a new cast and everything turned out great. I've found that 4 layers is the perfect amount. It's thick enough to hold the shape but thin enough to bend well. I did a test fit and saw some spots that were bending weirdly when the head and arms moved so I am doing another cast with some support on the inside at key positions to make sure the outfit keeps its proper shape. It is currently in two halves right now and the back has all 4 layers done. The front has two layers done plus the added support. I'm putting the third layer on in about 10 minutes.

After both sides are done ill be joining them together and doing a test fit. I didn't take pics of the last test fit so ill make sure to do that this time. But I can put up some pics of the current state and the result of the first front side test I did if you want to see them. I was trying to have it done and ready to go by the end of November but there has been a lot going on and my time was limited again.

Anyway, I should be able to join the halves either tomorrow night or Wednesday night and ill post pics of the test fit.

I meant to add, if this next test fit goes well ill be casting them up a couple at a time and making them available.

Another update. 4th layer is on and drying. Hopefully it will be dry by the time I get off work tomorrow. If so ill be trimming the edges then joining it all together.

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 12/6 Pg.18 - Casting update

Got both halves trimmed and ready to be joined. Will be joining them together tonight. Will probably need to take a full day to ensure it has set thoroughly so I'll be taking it out Sat night or Sunday. I've been working on this a little bit each night (usually late) when time allows and I keep forgetting to take pics. I'll take a few pics tonight before I join it together.

ok...i'll forgive you this time...but you better have pics SOON!!!....lol..:)

Mark what body are you useing for this - we most proberly all will have to use the same body to get the best fit - correct !!

ok...i'll forgive you this time...but you better have pics SOON!!!....lol..:)

lol, I'll put some up tonight :)

Mark what body are you useing for this - we most proberly all will have to use the same body to get the best fit - correct !!

The body it was sculpted on was a TTM-14 Narrow shoulder version. The one with the movie Gambit head. This is not 100% skin tight b/c I didn't want joint creases in the arms and chest to show through. There will be some "wiggle" room on the outfit. The material is also stretchy since it is rubber. Any body type that is similar to that one should be fine. Right now it is the only 1/6 scale body I have for test fitting.

Here is a pic of the test piece I made up last weekend. This was just the front so I could see what it would look like with 4 layers. U can't really tell the thickness from this pic and I didn't trim all of the sides but I wanted to post a pic.

The mold is together and fingers are crossed.

outfit103.jpg

Back