PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible set-up - the framed posters with the dioramas work wonders especially the Terminator, Aliens and Predator and Star Wars sections.

One question: What frame size do you go for the framed posters? I have a about 13 posters all supposed to be 27 x 40 but they vary on and off a couple inches so I bought "one size fits all" frames and cut the posters down where need be (at just the white border).

I wouldn't mind knowing this as well ....
If you could let us know that would be great thanks.

Tay

Incredible set-up - the framed posters with the dioramas work wonders especially the Terminator, Aliens and Predator and Star Wars sections.

One question: What frame size do you go for the framed posters? I have a about 13 posters all supposed to be 27 x 40 but they vary on and off a couple inches so I bought "one size fits all" frames and cut the posters down where need be (at just the white border).

All of my posters are original 1-sheets... 40"x27"...
For what it's worth, I've tried doing framing on my own for the 1-sheets and it just doesn't look right. When they start to "curl" in the slightest bit,,, they look tacky when the light hits them. Most framing shops charge $50-$80 to frame and dry mount the posters including a classy brushed black frame.
For my 14x11 lobby cards/prints,,, I just use a cheap frame metal frame from a craft store that closely matches the black frames from my 1-sheets.
It looks like you've already bought the frames but my recommendation would be to have a frame shop do it for you.

Quite a bit has changed from my ever-evolving theater room. I'll try to get pix soon... Updates include:
1) Yoda Corner (1:1 SS Yoda bust & MR 1:1 Yoda Saber) complete with lobby cards to replace my Sauron corner.
2) Star Wars 1:4 Biker Scout & Speeder Bike replaced my Alien section (complete with new Star Wars 1-sheet & Endor themed 14x11 lobby cards)
3) Predator & Alien section combined (Cinemaquette Alien next to SS Pred Maquette) on "Cases for Collectables" ebony high gloss staggered bases.
*** I am really close to placing an order for a 1:1 Terminator Endo ***

Quite a bit has changed from my ever-evolving theater room. I'll try to get pix soon... Updates include:
1) Yoda Corner (1:1 SS Yoda bust & MR 1:1 Yoda Saber) complete with lobby cards to replace my Sauron corner.
2) Star Wars 1:4 Biker Scout & Speeder Bike replaced my Alien section (complete with new Star Wars 1-sheet & Endor themed 14x11 lobby cards)
3) Predator & Alien section combined (Cinemaquette Alien next to SS Pred Maquette) on "Cases for Collectables" ebony high gloss staggered bases.
*** I am really close to placing an order for a 1:1 Terminator Endo ***

that would be great , these pics never get old , thanks m8.
Tay

I'd have to put a bed in there 'cause I'd never leave. Love the Predator section and the at-at with obi and vader. I think the king-kong v t-rex statue will look good with the kong poster. Nice setup!

You snagged an original Star Wars one sheet :naughty How much did that set you back :monkey3

I have an original 1997 re-release 1-sheet that is by the biker scout. I actually have a few 1976/1977 SW 1-sheets and one of them is not folded. They're not worth as much as you would think...
None of those are framed.

I have an original 1997 re-release 1-sheet that is by the biker scout. I actually have a few 1976/1977 SW 1-sheets and one of them is not folded. They're not worth as much as you would think...
None of those are framed.

I realized something similar a few weeks back too.
I had a few of the old 1 sheet pred posters and alien posters.
They barely went for anything !.

Hey PDX,

You order the full 1:1 endo yet?

If the clean version was available I would go for it...so mad I did not get that one...

Hey PDX,

You order the full 1:1 endo yet?

If the clean version was available I would go for it...so mad I did not get that one...

Not yet...
You and me both... I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the clean version. I know you can polish out the battle version but if I'm going to do this, I'll do it right...

I'll get professional pix soon.

Here are a couple of pix of my latest setup:

pred-vi.jpg

yoda-vi.jpg

speeder-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Dude, just buy a cheap ass tripod for $30.. And your pics won't be blurry or anything!

Oh man 7.1 home theater, the sound must be fantastic, what brand is the receiver and speakers?

hey man use a TRIPOD and set no flash... And set ur camera on time 2 secs/10secs...
great room... always admire ur space your room actually inspired me to do mine!... and GET INTO PINBALL you bastard!

Back