Original unaltered Star Wars Trilogy to appear on blu ray after all?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be down for the originals, but I would want the restoration that was done to remove the dust and film artifacts. I also didn't miss the little boxes around the tie fighters in space... but would be happy to see all of the "new" content deep sixed.

veruca-salt-willy-wonka-via-crushable-com.gif

This is will be my first SW DVD purchase ever if they could pull it together.

Disney must have some idea how Lucas messed up the most golden franchise ever. My one wish is that jar jar binks be removed completely from the PT

OK, now I'm confused.
I'm sure my DVD boxset of the OT allows me to either watch the special edition or the original.

Or possibly I've have bought so many different versions of the the same three films that George Lucas has driven me insane.:gah:

OK, now I'm confused.
I'm sure my DVD boxset of the OT allows me to either watch the special edition or the original.

Or possibly I've have bought so many different versions of the the same three films that George Lucas has driven me insane.:gah:
Yeah, I have a set of those 2006 2DVD editions; one SE / one unaltered.

The difference this time though (hopefully), will be that they'll be the proper anamorphic widescreen format. :)

is this available in VHS?

Yes I do own this in VHS Widescreen version!...came out in the very early 90s in a beautiful box set...everything is exactly what I saw back in 77,80,83

I want a Lucas edition. That would be where before each time you play the movies you get to check all these different boxes and add in (or not) ala carte whichever editorial tinkerings you may want to include.

That would indeed be cool. I don't hate every special edition change but the bad outweighs the good in my mind. Things I did like were the Falcon taking off from Mos Eisley and the revamped Battle of Yavin. The special effects in ANH have not aged as well as those in ESB or RotJ. But again, I'm happier to have the original Falcon and Battle of Yavin if it means I don't have to endure Greedo shooting first, Kiwi Boba Fett, Hayden's ghost, etc.

I have Harmy's set but when these are released and if they're released as a stand alone set instead of as a multiversion boxset with the prequels thrown in there I'd buy it. If they try to force me to get alternate cuts and movies I don't want, then I'll hold off.

Back