Optibotimus Reviews: SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those responses are just.... weak. Not even good enough to play the dozens with. Seriously, gay jokes in 2013?

don't expect hear much more from him with your nts in his mouth.

??? For the record, i don't make gay jokes, you made gay jokes. I made a friends joke, thus....oh never mind.

Look, ordinarily I would accept an honest apology, but what you offered wasn't, it was still an attempt to stroke your own ego while taking a jab. You lost the better man opportunity a few posts back. But I'll take what I can get if it will stop you from needlessly insulting others and acting the bully and further degrading this thread. I regret participating in that process, I just hate arrogant bullies.

I'll go play in my dirt pile now.

A lot of drama in this thread. Till this review of the Vader figure I had no idea who Optibotimus was - I watched his review and was ok. Still doesn't make me want this Vader figure.

Great review ! Really enjoyed it Thanks! Sideshow did a great job on this guy. I think the whole(new) Star Wars line is awesome

A fine review, no complaints here- thanks for posting it.
Being the unbridled customizer that I am, I have begun working out special techniques and tricks to solve the problem with the pants,
and bulking up the thin arms. More later on that...

I own the Hasbro talking Vader, and I'm considering installing the voice chip into this SS version. I'm sure the audio components are fairly small, and should fit inside the chest of the SS Vader nicely, with a little creative surgery. I'll have to completely remove the body suit to bulk-up the arms anyway, so I might as well add the sound element at the same time, and work out the power source options.

??? For the record, i don't make gay jokes, you made gay jokes. I made a friends joke, thus....oh never mind.

Look, ordinarily I would accept an honest apology, but what you offered wasn't....

So I guess you do understand adult language... that would be because I wasn't offering you an apology kid. I just didn't want you to go pulling out your swastikas and pictures of rope noose and subject everyone to that, since you went all gay bash. And here I thought the millenials were past all that... the more things change, I guess. :peace

No, I'm just sick of you re-iterating the same points again and again. After a while, it is trolling/de-railing the thread. I'm not 'coming out of the woodwork' to defend Optibotimus, just bored of your posts and the negativity in general in this thread. But yeah, in future I'll do my best to just ignore your posts altogether since it's clear you don't get it.

It's called the "ignore" button :ignore:

Please use it...

I like and very much appreciate Opti doing his reviews. As someone who can't hold a camera, I am really happy there's someone who can.People complain and bash him for voice, angle, hands???? So here we have someone, who for whatever reason puts together a real-life view of an item, and gives an aternative to the stylized Sideshow promo shots, and yet, some 'roadside warriors' feel the need to criticize. It's not that you have to buy his clips, or are forced to watch them - You don't like them? Make a better one, or honestly, just STFU.

Back to the hands! After he gets his hand chopped off, he can't do any force moves!

Let's get back to the review. Thanks Optibotimus, for doing the first review on this figure. I used to collect transformers and loved your reviews on them. Have you stopped collecting transformers and moved to the dark side? How did you get the figure so early? Is this an early prototype and will there be further improvements on it, especially on the minor flaws you mentioned?
I placed my pre-order only last week, and was surprised it was not out of stock so close to the launch date. Sideshow must be making thousands of them. I wonder if the price will plummet like all the other Hot Toys figures, immediately after launch. I am sure the price of the Sideshow ANH Darth Vader will plummet.

Same dude that sculpted Tamashii C-3PO...Seigi Takahashi

marmitvadermedicomvadercompari.jpg

If takahashi seigi sculpted the 1/6 die cast threepio,

It is HiGHlY likely he will be responsible for doing tamashii nations
1/6 DARTH VADER...( pretty sure they are aiming for major armored or robotic characters for this license)
we will very likely see an improved version of that marmit...( under suit upper chest part may have been sculpted I don't remember, but the pants look like soft goods)

Like their godzilla line is sculpted by one godzilla sculpt expert, it's very likely the Star Wars line will continue on this road...

He may yet be of some use to us...

If takahashi seigi sculpted the 1/6 die cast threepio,

It is HiGHlY likely he will be responsible for doing tamashii nations
1/6 DARTH VADER...( pretty sure they are aiming for major armored or robotic characters for this license)
we will very likely see an improved version of that marmit...( under suit upper chest part may have been sculpted I don't remember, but the pants look like soft goods)

Like their godzilla line is sculpted by one godzilla sculpt expert, it's very likely the Star Wars line will continue on this road...

He may yet be of some use to us...
Tamashii doing a Vader would be a dream come true. If it happens I'm pretty sure I'd still keep SSC's, too, though. Going from the promo video, it really is a nice piece and I don't have many problems with it, aside from potentially the height. That's interesting information that it was the same designer behind 3PO. Have no doubt if he did a new Vader that it would be unbeatable.

Tamashii doing a Vader would be a dream come true. If it happens I'm pretty sure I'd still keep SSC's, too, though. Going from the promo video, it really is a nice piece and I don't have many problems with it, aside from potentially the height. That's interesting information that it was the same designer behind 3PO. Have no doubt if he did a new Vader that it would be unbeatable.

And given what 3PO cost, their Vader will be at least $500 by the time it comes out.

Back