Optibotimus Reviews: SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone who even uses the term "noob" is a dork. this pop culture vernacular is not "epic". im not trying to "pwn" anyone or start a new tangent. anyone who likes SW is cool in my book and they dont deserve be called anything because they havent liked it for X amount of time. my son is having a great time watching SW right now, when do i break the news to him he isnt allowed to discuss SW until he has more posts on this forum?

Tell him to watch the OT 50 times, til then he can shut his noob *** up.
Also make sure you educate him on Solo shooting first so that he can understand how epically greedo was pwned.

Tell him to watch the OT 50 times, til then he can shut his noob *** up.
Also make sure you educate him on Solo shooting first so that he can understand how epically greedo was pwned.

50? thats it? he's more than half way there. he was disgusted by EP I for all the same reasons we all are. it was funny to watch him ask if we could fast forward to good parts. he hasnt seen ep III yet. i dont want to have to edit the vader part at the end. its a little too intense for him right now. but he asks me every other day. :slap

really great review!!! The figure looks amazing. Far better than the previous versions. Loving all the details. Cant wait until mine arrives!!!

I like your review style. good tv voice. looking forward to more reviews. :)

50? thats it? he's more than half way there. he was disgusted by EP I for all the same reasons we all are. it was funny to watch him ask if we could fast forward to good parts. he hasnt seen ep III yet. i dont want to have to edit the vader part at the end. its a little too intense for him right now. but he asks me every other day. :slap

Haha, my daughter is still at the point where Star Wars Lego is the supreme version. No rush, they got all the time in the world. :clap

i know im new here, but judging by the most prolific posters here, most of them are registered in 2013. tells me there is a high turnover rate here, and most people dont stick around too long.

It's like a 12-year old boy who's just discovered masturbation. They think they're the first to discover it, can't get enough of it and don't care about quality so much as the frequency. It's all about just getting' it out there, no matter how unattractive it seems to others.

The vets tend to just sit on the porch watching the pretty girls walk by, satisfied with the familiar tap on the inside of their front zipper as a precursor to the rolling sex they'll be enjoying with their wives later that evening.

It's like a 12-year old boy who's just discovered masturbation. They think they're the first to discover it, can't get enough of it and don't care about quality so much as the frequency. It's all about just getting' it out there, no matter how unattractive it seems to others.

The vets tend to just sit on the porch watching the pretty girls walk by, satisfied with the familiar tap on the inside of their front zipper as a precursor to the rolling sex they'll be enjoying with their wives later that evening.

:rotfl

So eloquent. Yet precise.

:bow :goodpost:

Brilliant, Lejuan.

Thanks Opti for making this video available. I honestly didn't notice your hands until others mentioned it as all I cared about was trying to see the figure for myself. Now I see it, and now it just cracks me up. :) That's you man, good on ya.

I think most folks can take what you have offered and extract what they can and use it as part of their evaluation. I don't for a minute believe your review will make or break their decision, so I don't understand all the serious criticism, but I do understand the critiques that are meant to help.

Until this is released and others can photograph it in hand, from multiple sources...people will be evaluating using multiple references and sources, and continue to do so long after that.

That being said, I'm new to collecting so maybe I see things differently, but regardless of what you said or why you said it, I still continue to make up my own mind and I valued what you offered to us as your own opinion, and it doesn't matter to me your relationship with SS. Everyone needs to be cognizant of the facts that Sideshow is going to do something for those that are helping them with marketing, regardless if it's good or bad....and they should.

Now, my 2 cents; It would have been cool if you could have posed him and spun him around, slowly. Like maybe buy one of those stands that rotate for future reviews.

One of the things I find most appealing about this hobby is all of you guys and girls. You truly are a bunch of good folk. I admire how cool you are to one another, and how encouraging. I have been a surfer for most of my life, and I realized the other day that I would probably rather hang around a bunch of collectors, who dig the coolest things and enjoy them...than spend time with a bunch of guys who think they are cool. You guys are cool...some of the coolest, kindest folks I have come to know.

I'm into this now, and even though I went to the Pipe Masters this weekend to watch some guys drop in on 20ft pipe, I would have gone to a Comicon convention instead, if I had the choice.

Seventy five posts!
I think more hands would be awesome. If he's got his right hand holding a lightsabre, what can he do with his left? All I see are right handed actions. Um... which is he anyway, Vader left or right handed?

So you "noobs" have had a circle jerk for two pages about masturbating and the true meaning of being "dorks" all while pondering why the "vets" tend to sit on the sideline with vague assumptions of high turn over? This use to be a place to exchange ideas...but then you all happened into the hobby.

Opti, you were very gracious when you first posted here to explain your position. I was one of the folks in the Yoda thread asking you some questions. It would seem that knowing that you are still new, some of the older members like Lee are going to wonder if you've just jumped on the board for upping your view count... it's happened before. I'd think you'd want to make more friends here than what your exchanges suggest, the YouTube sensation that you are, this is not that. You seemed a lot more interested in discussion in the Yoda post.

Flame on, noobs! :lecture

I tried to go back and find ideas you posted. I couldn't find anything other than commenting on other peoples work, or just general posting about how you think things are cool. So why the chip on your shoulder? Why turn this place of ideas into a flame session where you "try" to lift yourself up at the expense of others? I don't think your accurate in your assessment or even in a better moral position. You're just acting like you have insecurity issues, in all honesty.

Stop insulting others and get to contributing. You don't need to defend the guy who is attacking opti's ethics. Let him fight his own battles as you have suggested.

Seventy five posts!
I think more hands would be awesome. If he's got his right hand holding a lightsabre, what can he do with his left? All I see are right handed actions. Um... which is he anyway, Vader left or right handed?

Now that you mention it, the distribution of hands is a bit weird: 7 right hands and 3 left hands. And all of the left hands are near fists. At least an open left hand would have been nice.

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-024.jpg

I watched the review then re-read this thread. Honestly, apart from Lee's concern about disclosure, none of the comments about the reviewer's hands could be construed as 'attacks', 'hate', or 'trolling'. Bit of hyperbole there Apeman :lol

I don't usually watch reviews, especially this length - but I enjoyed it. I liked the clean language, steady camera and obvious enthusiasm for the hobby. I thought it was fairly comprehensive and I appreciated the extra info that came across. The reviewer's hands were a little bit distracting, but you can't argue it doesn't make for a recognisable 'trademark'.

Thanks for making and sharing Optibotimus :clap

(Still almost certainly passing on this figure though :monkey1)

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

all the best Lej...
and thanks..Optibotimus thanks to your review I have ordered this bad boy at SC already :clap...

p.s I loved you hands gestures ;)
For this reason, I could understand your emotion in describing the figure and I have pressed the button

no one should prohibit freedom of expression

Look guy, I don't need to explain who I've helped on this board in the last 7 years cause YOU can't use the search function. Take your own advice and just pipe down. Nuff said, eh?

DCFett, I'm not interested in having a off-line argument with you. You are the guy who decided to make this public issue about "noobs" vs. "vets", when it wasn't about that at all, and it still isn't.

Nobody's arguing with you, they're just basically laughing at the absurdity. They are having fun while you are getting mean and angry. Lighten up.

The tough guy bit isn't working for you, you can't back it up and it's backfiring.

DCFett, I'm not interested in having a off-line argument with you. You are the guy who decided to make this public issue about "noobs" vs. "vets", when it wasn't about that at all, and it still isn't.

Nobody's arguing with you, they're just basically laughing at the absurdity. They are having fun while you are getting mean and angry. Lighten up.

The tough guy bit isn't working for you, you can't back it up an it's backfiring.

The dude is a schmuck if there ever was one, why even respond to him?

Thanks for the review!

For me this figure is a huge let down. It not even half as good as our custom vaders. Sideshow need to lern to stop please the fanboys that arnt willing to shell out the money for a figure on a proper body. These bodys they use are just cheap. There runiing the figures. Epsode 2 obi like what a fail all due to the body!

He looks like s high school kid is trickier treating! The cut and sew department should be fired at sideshow.The cape is terrible. Like this was as simple as using the same material as forigno . It pisses me off cuase they now were turning out awesome customs they could at least attmept to match the qaulity of th custom soft goods christ!

Back