Oh no! No Peter Jackson on The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those fracking studio b*tches!! :emperor

Where can I sign up and support an anti-New Line petition. I for one have now zero interest in The Hobbit without Jackson and his creative team!

I hope they drown in petitions and public outcry!

If they had McKellen, Shore for the music, Lee and Howe for design and concepts, maybe... but this? I am so disgusted, they have pissed on my and millions of others' dream!

It's so typical of these studio types, they don't want to give a project to someone who really wants to make it...

I knew this would prob happen, I guess we can only count ourselves lucky that back before there was a LOTR movie version, the studio didn't know what LOTR was, Jackson was more or less secluded in NZ and could do the film as he saw fit. The movies never NEVER would have been as good if the studio had been able to meddle and mess with the production. And now that it is a HUGE property, they will mess with it. :monkey4

Beren

Now I won't be able to fall asleep...

Very unwise decision on NLC's part. (massive understatement)

JS :monkey2

I'm so sad I actually tried photo shop...and I suck. Oh well, this needs to be said:

hero_PeterJackson.jpg

On the bright side, there's no way I will be spending $20,000+ on Hobbit Collectibles (sorry Sideshow...)

I can't believe this is it. I for one will not watch it! No Jackson/Walsh/Boyens... No McKellen as Gandalf... what about Andy Serkis?? There is a recipe here for printing money, what are they thinking? Pride? Unadulterated greed? Pay Jackson what you owe him, you idiots from New Line! This almost makes me want to sell off my entire collection because New Line made money off every SSW item I bought.... (I wrote 'almost')

Trying to stay positive with the thought of "We'll always have LOTR".

Beren

The worst possible news! Peter and Weta deserved so much better. And we the Fans have been robbed of a further cinematic masterpiece!

Very sad indeed.

I have no faith in the new films at all!!! I don't know how many times I've watched the Star Wars prequels, Harry Potter movies, and X-Men movies and thought they should have been about a hour longer with more story and character developement. Now, I predict these movies will be the same. CGI scenery, with little to no substance.

Good - probably
Epic - not a chance

Yeah...Unbelievable....I know that there are unresolved issues in regards to the PJ/New Line saga...But, c'mon someone bury the hatchet! And let's make a movie! Doesn't everyone have enough money already??

Unbelievable? so are they going to ask to film it?

On the other hand... any collectibles from the movie will suck without Alan Lee and John Howe...

This will probably be worse than X3 when Brett Ratner tried to copy what the master Bryan Singer had done.

It's a damn shame :crying

Back