Official Yoda 1:1 Scale Bust Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinyl, so is that essentially the same material as ABS?! Sorry .... really ... :eek:

Thanks Dusty. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
Vinyl, so is that essentially the same material as ABS?! Sorry .... really ... :eek:
Yeah, but unlike latex, which DOES decompose after roughly 10 years (no matter what you do to try and stop it), vinyl can last a long, long time, possibly centuries, if properly cared for.

And MaulFan, your photos are STUNNING. I feel my resistance weakening...

IMPRESSIVE MOST IMPRESSIVE:monkey5 :monkey5

incredible, my favorite bust 1:1 :cool:

thank you maulfan :)

Thanks MaulFan - Very Cool.

It definitely looks like the eyes are printed and applied as a decal - which is very smart from a uniformity point of view.

I like the idea of the vinyl overmask. It makes sense compared to the original puppet, gives a unique texture, and allows the hair to be "planted". Funny we never heard of it until SirTristram's report though.

I'm still intrigued by one possibility which "could have been" - the use of glass sphere eyeball inserts. Because of the overlaid mask, it definitely seems like it would have been possible from an engineering standpoint. I wonder if they ever considered it.

It's definitly great to get some really detailed closeups with good focus and shadow-play etc. But I'll defend the official photos too - They look professional and clean to me. They are indeed a "dispassionate" honest representation of the figure. Of course it's great to see how he "really" looks in a displayed setting when the product is delivered - and to Sideshow's immense credit, the figure itself seems to be essentially identical to the latter set of convention shots and final production images.

Overall, it looks excellent, and I'm excited for mine to arrive. I'll give the face and costume 10/10. Still reserving judgement on the eyes until an in-person viewing. The green seems just a little intense and saturated - I kind of favored the more grey tones of the early proto. I'm not entirely sure which is more "screen accurate".

Well said Spaceman

I liked the earlier shots as well.
And it is difficult to judge the right colors from the movies as well.

I'm not gonna cancel my order though :monkey1

Thanks Maul fan for showing us the true nature of this piece! The 1:1 Yoda really looks fantastic in your photographs. It makes one wonder, why didn't SSC go for a 'heads to toe' life size Yoda, in stead of for a bust!!!

spaceman said:
I'm still intrigued by one possibility which "could have been" - the use of glass sphere eyeball inserts. Because of the overlaid mask, it definitely seems like it would have been possible from an engineering standpoint. I wonder if they ever considered it.

That would have been nice, but the bust probably would have been $200-300 more. I spoke with Howard about the glass eyes in his Yoda sculpt a few years ago, and I remember him referring me to a site where they were about $300.

Thanks guys for all of the compliments. As for the full size Yoda concept, part of me is thinking someone did make a rubber life-sized Yoda once, so it may have been a matter of LFL controlling, or the fact that Sideshow produces products in lines and wanted to keep the 1:1 bust line going. The fact is too, this took almost from SDCC to now to sell out, so with the price a full sized one would have been, may not have panned out well for sales. As for the eyes, I've never seen glass eyes in person so I don't know how nice they are, but the bust's eyes have a nice gloss to them and even though as you can see in some of my pictures, the iris is a bit of a saturated green in some lighting, most of the times I've caught him on camera or looked at him on my desk, they look dark and you really feel like you're sitting in for Mark Hammil on the set of ESB, I keep waiting for Frank Oz to pop out from behind my desk.

Thanks MaulFan for the PICs, these 1:1 busts are the best thing SS is doing right now in the SW collectible marketplace. I think the actual production bust looks better than the prototype. Looking forward to my first SS SW product.

elwood49 said:
That would have been nice, but the bust probably would have been $200-300 more. I spoke with Howard about the glass eyes in his Yoda sculpt a few years ago, and I remember him referring me to a site where they were about $300.

Interesting tidbit, thanks. Surprising, but interesting. I doubt many would justify the price of a full PF figure for a slight improvement here.

i havent yet - and yes it does feel like it is taking forever, part of that feeling is because this thing looks so aweomse and I have been anticipating this bust for waaay too long now :D....however, remember that according to the email we have received, the second shipment is supposed to start shipping in May.....I wouldnt expect anything until the first 2 weeks of May.:monkey2

but who knows....:rotfl

WOW!!! BEST pics i've seen so far. thank you! now i can rest easier. this is an awesome addition. thanks again for the pics!

geto10 said:
So did SS ship out the second batch? :monkey1

I asked Bob a few weeks ago if he knew when he'd be getting his in and he told me that he had no idea. I was hoping to get this in May but it seems unlikely at this point :monkey2

MaulFan said:
YODAS.jpg

Can see the pics now and the only gripe i have is the fact that the chin stands out to much as well as the cheek pouches being slightly to puffy on the bust, but that's being picky. Other then that...DAMN that looks good and i'll definitely be keeping my order :chew

Thanks for the pics :cool:

Back