Official Transformer Movie Review Thread!!! - Spoiler Free until July 4th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched a few minutes of this. The helicopter just transformed and started attacking the military base. Looks pretty cool. They even kept the old transforming sound from the cartoon. I may have to go see this in the theater.

Why does Hans Zimmer have to do the cheesy score for every Michael Bay film? So far this feels just like The Rock and Armageddon.

That intro with the Prime voice-over was pretty cool, although it reminded me of Charlton Heston's narration for the intro to Armageddon.

King Darkness said:
DSC00301.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
:rock:rock:rock:rock

To Imax or not to Imax?

Uggghhh.... the Shia LaBeouf scene in the classroom is really turning me off this movie fast.

Last edited:
dekadentdave said:
To Imax or not to Imax?

Uggghhh.... the Shia LaBeouf scene in the classroom is really turning me off this movie fast.

Get past it Dave, once Megan Fox is there with him you'll forget he's even there ;)

I'd Imax, I saw it on normal screen in HD and that rocked, IMAX must be the ****.

MaulFan said:
Get past it Dave, once Megan Fox is there with him you'll forget he's even there ;)

I'd Imax, I saw it on normal screen in HD and that rocked, IMAX must be the ****.
Is this an actual Imax flick like Spider-man or 300. The Imax theatre near me is advertising it as giant screen, not Imax, which makes me think it could just be blown up to fit the screen.

Bannister said:
Is this an actual Imax flick like Spider-man or 300. The Imax theatre near me is advertising it as giant screen, not Imax, which makes me think it could just be blown up to fit the screen.

Oh, I don't know the details, I was just going off what Dave said. Even just a bigger screen, I don't think you can go wrong with that, if the cost isn't nuts compared to a regular theater.

It's $4 more for Imax.

Why does Michael Bay have to put a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model in every shot? I didn't know that every female character in the Michael Bay world looks like a stripper.

MaulFan said:
Oh, I don't know the details, I was just going off what Dave said. Even just a bigger screen, I don't think you can go wrong with that, if the cost isn't nuts compared to a regular theater.
At the theatre near me it is the same price. The point I am making is that when they blow them up like that, sometimes the picture quality suffers. I saw King Kong that way and everytime there was alot of movement things got blurry, and this flick has alot of movement.

dekadentdave said:
It's $4 more for Imax.

Why does Michael Bay have to put a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model in every shot? I didn't know that every female character in the Michael Bay world looks like a stripper.
Damn Dave, you say it like it's a bad thing.

I'm sorry but I can't believe for a second that these bimbos have the intelligence to work for the NSA.

Bannister said:
Damn Dave, you say it like it's a bad thing.

I know, right. What more could a guy want in a film.

Guns, HOT chicks, giant fighting robots, explosions, sweet cars...I think every one of my needs was met by this movie :)

dekadentdave said:
I'm sorry but I can't believe for a second that these bimbos have the intelligence to work for the NSA.
I'm sorry but I can't believe for a second cars can transform into talking robots.:lol

*SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!*

I saw this last night, and HOLY CRAP! This movie FREAKING ROCKED MY WORLD! I had high expectations for this movie, and it blew those away. I have no problems with the movie at all.The CGI and special effects were some of the best I have ever seen. Optimus Prime was everything I wanted him to be and more. His design was badass, I loved it. The flames were so cool. The metal plate across his face when in his battle mode was just perfect. I loved that. He was THE leader of the Autobots. You just knew he was. His leadership was amazing. My favourite scenes with him were when he rolls up to Sam and Mikaela, and transforms... HOLY CRAP I THINK I SHED A TEAR! That was just plain old awesome. And then of course when he fights Bonecrusher on the freeway. He just kicked his metal arse like nothing. Then he freaking stabs Bonecrusher in the neck and rips his head off. Pure Prime.
And then a couple lines that Prime speaks. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." He said that at the dam. That whole scene was amazing. And then where he says "One shall stand and one shall fall." I loved that. I was very pleased with the character development with Prime and the rest of the Bots.

Bumblebee was great. He was a real soldier. He was a courageous Bot. It's sad when he is taken by the government. You really care about him and what happens to him. You hope that he will come out alright. And sure enough, he does. And then the part where he is fighting alongside his comrades against the Decepticons in the streets of LA. His legs get ripped off from the rubble that falls on his legs. Again, you care about him and what happens to him. It was neat when he gets on the back of the tow truck and rides along and still fights. You see that courage once again. Ironhide, Ratchet, and Jazz were great as well.

The Deceptions were great. I loved them. They were some tough mofo's though. I think it would have been nice to see Star Scream trying to thwart Megatron and his plans, but that is okay. That will be explored in the next film, no doubt. Barricade was probably my favourite Decepticon. He was just really cool I thought. Black Out was a mean fighting machine. He took out that whole military base like nothing. What a menace. Star Scream took out all those freaking jets, what a cool scene. It was probably one of the best Decepticon scenes in the whole movie. All the roles of the human characters were nailed perfectly. Shia played Sam flawlessly. He was Sam. That was it. It was great. And Megan Fox as Mikeala... what a fox she is. I think she is my favourite actress now. :drool

I give this film 4.5 out of 5! :D

GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T YET!

I can believe in giant transforming robots but I don't believe these broads have a brain.

Bannister said:
I'm sorry but I can't believe for a second cars can transform into talking robots.:lol

Yup, it's a popcorn film based on a children's toyline from the 1980's. What do you expect? hehe

Of course the code breaker is a hot Aussie chick. lol

Not that she really did anything. It was her pudgy friend who did.

Dave, I think you're reading a little too much into this particular movie. I don't think any particular part of is meant to seem reasonable, plausible or realistic, you're just meant to get a show to enjoy every moment of, and rather than give you some rough looking woman who looks like a true NSA agent, they give you eye candy. I also don't think any government group would employee a lose wire as John Turtoro plays, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

dekadentdave said:
I can believe in giant transforming robots but I don't believe these broads have a brain.
What you are obviously missing Dave is that in a world where transformers exist, only extremely hot chicks are intelligent. Their hotness is in direct proportion to their intellect.:monkey5

twistedfreak said:
Bumblebee was great. He was a real soldier. He was a courageous Bot. It's sad when he is taken by the government. You really care about him and what happens to him. You hope that he will come out alright.

I sense a BONER. :lol

MaulFan said:
What code, and what friend, was someone with her, I think I must have been distracted :)
I was distracted by that big plate of donuts.
homer-drool.gif

Back