Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll buy anything 1:6 Trek! I have much of the Art Asylum figures but they've really started to disinterest me to the point that I stopped buying, especially since they're more expensive today.

Hopefully either Sci-Fi Metropolis, Gentile Giant, or Sideshow will make it happen soon.
And if they're OS Star Trek, I would hope they're smart enough to pursue the head sculpts SFM made and use them because they're perfect!

If not, hopefully Ironman will cast them someday. ;)

I agree. Ironman check your inbox I sent you a PM. Yeah, if those great SFM heads were on some 12" bodies for the original Star Trek series, I'd buy them all!

I have the Sci Fi Metropolis Lost in Space figures and the clothing is top notch, best 1/6 scale I've ever seen, or close. It makes you think that they used the actual materials that were used on the costumes themselves. I'm sure if they got the Trek license the clothing would blow everyone away.

Unfortunately they seem to take years to get product out ...

If not, hopefully Ironman will cast them someday. ;)

Very uncool. I have tried multiple times to comission the sculptors of those heads to do some work for me, and they decline everytime. The main reason is the amount of times they have been cheated by recasters.

I wish Art Asylum would have done the classic with bridge sections to make the whole bridge!! Would have been sweet!!

From Wiki:

Christopher Pike was a 23rd century Starfleet officer. He was captain of the starship USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) for many years, as the immediate predecessor to later Captain James T. Kirk, and succeeding Captain Robert April. Captain Pike was a native of Mojave on Earth.

According to the sites I've found the Robert April being captain of the Enterprise before Pike is EU and not considered Canon.

Pike1.jpg

Thanks Mike. I had never heard of him? Is he the guy who played the Captain in the Star Trek pilot episode? I always thought he was just a different actor playing Kirk.

According to what I read, the captain in the pilot was Pike. Pike is planned to be in the new Trek film with everyone from Tom Cruise to Matthew Fox rumored to be playing him.

Awesome. That guy played Dennis Wilson in one of the worst made-for-TV movies "IN EVER"!!! :lol

Very uncool. I have tried multiple times to comission the sculptors of those heads to do some work for me, and they decline everytime. The main reason is the amount of times they have been cheated by recasters.

Normally I'm completely against recasting, but these are sculpts that might never actually be produced by anyone, not the manufacturer who contracted them or the sculptors themselves. If the Sculptors want to produce copies of those sculpts, then yeah, it's cutting into their revenue and they shouldn't be recast. But since they're not or never will, I believe it's fair game. There must be some type of limitation on the sculptors since they were under contract.
All I know is, it'd be a shame to never put those sculpts in the hands of Trekkers, they're 100% perfect.

Back