Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pro body sucks big balls! Sorry but it's true. There's no defending it. I mean, Saturday Toys has a far superior body than Sideshow's "Pro". And I never even heard of ST until recently.

SS said they designed the body in mind for their Stormtroopers, so why the hell are they using it for their non Stormtrooper figures like Snake Eyes ?? Retarded.

The pro and armor body are two completely different bodies. The armor is pretty much a narrowed true type and designed with HT.

The pro and armor body are two completely different bodies. The armor is pretty much a narrowed true type and designed with HT.

Wasn't aware of that. I thought they we're the same. I still think SS shou'd be using bodies with slightly more bulk to them than the Pro. The pro is defintely not meant for tight clothed wearing figure such as Snake Eyes or the upcoming Beach Head.

The undesirable look of the pro for this line is another reason for them to explore other options although storm shadow may look fine on it he could look better, Mando did an excellent job on his!:naughty

And I far as "Sideshows famous customer service" I don't need to order directly from them to know that its not as famous as you make it out to be. Its like when you order fastfood at the drive thru and you get all the way home to find out somethings missing or the order is wrong altogether. When you go back, no matter how nice they are or eager they are to make it right the inconvience of the whole ordeal whether you choose to express it or not, still pisses you off! That could be avoided by them doing more to ensure it was done right the 1st time.

No percentages. No acceptable loss. No BULL^^^^^! Just fix it... liberty and justice for all!!

Should have checked your meal before you left.....:rotfl

Yo, I'm not trying to go off subject nor am I trying to drag this out anymore and spoil the thread and I apoligize to other reading so this is the last thing I'll say and keep all that x and y crap.

I CAN TELL... I KNOW ... the retailer I got it from didn't play with it before he sold it to me and thats ALL Sideshow needs to know and go on, period.

As an example, I remember I bought some Timberland boots the mall once (not form a Timberland store mind you) and wore them to work for 6 WHOLE months. In that time, the upper leather rigde of the boot started to break away from the rest of the shoe, thus affecting how I walked. I didn't have a reciept, didn't remember where I got bought them from even... HELL I EVEN PUT WEAR AND TEAR ON THEM FOR 6 MONTHS!! But thought I'll send them back to Timberland with a letter kindly letting them know that I was diappointed that they didn't hold up for no apparent reason. I was just informing them expecting nothing from them but yknow what happened? .... I got a brand new pair of the same $150 boots in the mail absolutley free with a reply saying they appreciate me as a customer and thanks for taking the time to let them know. I was blown away!
Yknow why they did that? Simply because that one pair of boots didn't do what they designed them to do and their name was on the box.
THEY STOOD BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, PERIOD.

So you can sound off on polices on customer service being the issue and how wonderously superb Sideshows customer sevice is.... but I disagree, and have that right.

did they have an edetion number on them? NO! that comparisson is the most uninttelegent thing stated on the board created in the name Sideshow Collectibles. (there collectibles not workboots)
sideshow sets a certain percentage of a run aside for sometimes for 2-3 months, so that they can get the damaged ones replaced, then if they have some of that percentage left, some peoples waitlists convert.
I know we got all of ours replaced in time, i dont know how long you waited or your retailer had them in-stock but sideshow made the effort to have the neccesary replacements. you could also wait until they package just the prometheus and buy the replacement body, but sideshow made their effort, oh and its not sideshow employees that put these together, its factory workers in china. i mean its the year 2009, its pretty well known knowledge on how things work when it comes to manufacturing :rolleyes:

Wasn't aware of that. I thought they we're the same. I still think SS shou'd be using bodies with slightly more bulk to them than the Pro. The pro is defintely not meant for tight clothed wearing figure such as Snake Eyes or the upcoming Beach Head.

that's why sideshow designed the pro 2.0, which is the body that duke is coming on.

:lol ZOOOOOOOOM! That went over your head. I'm not saying that the majority have tight joints. Merely suggesting that it's likely less than 3% who are actually being vocal about the issues. In business, that's a more than acceptable loss.

No, it didn't zoom over my head. If you think that poor quality control is acceptable for figures in this price range then you are in the minority. Don't believe me, go look at resale of Sideshow 12 inch figures. If you want you can look at the edition sizes of Snake Eyes to Storm Shadow. 3 percent of the people being vocal? I would be more worried about the collectors who are leaving and not saying anything due to poor quality control. I know most of my friends who collect stopped collecting Sideshow. They moved to Hot Toys and MOTU. Sideshow please fix the joints in future releases.

did they have an edetion number on them? NO! that comparisson is the most uninttelegent thing stated on the board created in the name Sideshow Collectibles. (there collectibles not workboots)
sideshow sets a certain percentage of a run aside for sometimes for 2-3 months, so that they can get the damaged ones replaced, then if they have some of that percentage left, some peoples waitlists convert.
I know we got all of ours replaced in time, i dont know how long you waited or your retailer had them in-stock but sideshow made the effort to have the neccesary replacements. you could also wait until they package just the prometheus and buy the replacement body, but sideshow made their effort, oh and its not sideshow employees that put these together, its factory workers in china. i mean its the year 2009, its pretty well known knowledge on how things work when it comes to manufacturing :rolleyes:

Not worth it bro. It's pretty clear this guys spends the majority of his life blaming others for his problems. :dunno

No, it didn't zoom over my head. If you think that poor quality control is acceptable for figures in this price range then you are in the minority. Don't believe me, go look at resale of Sideshow 12 inch figures. If you want you can look at the edition sizes of Snake Eyes to Storm Shadow. 3 percent of the people being vocal? I would be more worried about the collectors who are leaving and not saying anything due to poor quality control. I know most of my friends who collect stopped collecting Sideshow. They moved to Hot Toys and MOTU. Sideshow please fix the joints in future releases.

Okay, here, I'll explain it so that you understand. IT'S NOT ABOUT QC! IT'S NOT ABOUT PRODUCT! IT'S NOT EVEN ABOUT SIDESHOW! That's not what I was saying in the comment you twisted. It's about you assuming that the small amount of people here represent a HUGE market. How many people had problems here with Snake Eyes? 15? 30? Now compare that to the total edition size of 4500. Or, out of those 4500 who purchased Snake Eyes, how many do you think are here nitpicking it? Again, it's the ratio of people who are complaining here which is minuscule when compared to the ratio of the 4500 who bought the damn figure. Understand now?

Last edited:
let's mix it up a little.

IMG_1082.jpg

Not worth it bro. It's pretty clear this guys spends the majority of his life blaming others for his problems. :dunno

Its pretty clear you ignore the obivious and actually love to spend your days ridin sideshow's ^^^^ at this point. FANBOY!! :lol

Omg. I can' believe this ^^^^^ another one?! Its NOT a comparison, its AN EXAMPLE! Read carefully. If want a comparison..? here... I'm pretty sure Sideshow designed the pro to stand up, mine and some others don't but that shouldn't bother us and they shouldn't stand by the products they make because "Sideshow is a god in the 1/6 world and its not their fault unless you purchased it from them direct" even though they as a manufacturer, produce every last one of them.

No, they're defective and its their fault. Get real.:rolleyes:

Craw... Im with you, cool pic, love the pose !!:joy

Back