Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

Well, those are children crawling up the Jockey,.

Ridley likes to screw around with scale. When Dallas is up by the head, it doesn't look so big, but then you see the wide shots.

He did the same with the engineers -- sometimes they looked almost normal sized, other times they looked very tall.

He needs to speak to Jackson about scale tricks.

But even in the movie he was not as big.

SpaceJockey.jpg

006.jpg

Looks to be about 15 to 18ft in those pics.

I enjoyed the movie and I'm looking forward to seeing it again after reading all the things that people have thought about it and a few reviews. One thing I thought was maybe the Engineers were trying to create a creature to pit against the Xenos that they had encountered.

Somebody commented earlier that Guy Pearce had an acting range that was limited to moody n' broody. He does tend to take on those kinds of roles a lot, but not for a lack of range imo. Remember him in Priscilla? I thought he did a good job as Weyland.

Priscilla-FeliciaAliceSpringsL.png

I don't think the age makeup looked terrible personally , I just don't understand why it was necessary to cast a younger person for the character in the first place.

I don't think the age makeup looked terrible personally , I just don't understand why it was necessary to cast a younger person for the character in the first place.

Personally, I prefer the makeup.

Most of the time, the older actor never looks anything like the younger actor and it's just way too obvious.

In those pics...it looks like an old Guy Pearce...instead of "Here's young Guy Pearce and...oh wait...old someone else."

Here's a new set of behind-the-scenes Engineer stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.403920239646688.88409.304949236210456&type=3

Last edited:

Haven't seen the movie yet (will do it Saturday!) but some of the photos of the engineers in their robes show a clear aesthetic influence from Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, or am I seeing things that aren't there?

Back