Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

REPEAT POST!

mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-autocowrecks-a-conversation-with-the-engineers-doesnt-help-prometheus-make-any-sense-warning-spoilers.jpg

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Sucks, I can see the gallery and thumbs but I can't view the whole image; I don't have a Facebook. Had one but deleted it.

Good post! There are very few Sci-fi works that would withstand even basic reality checks like the one in the image above. I guess it all depends on the questions raised in the text; Prometheus is very ambitious in the theme it chose to address and, obviously enough - considering there weren't people with any sort of scientific expertise working on the script - it fell terribly short of being pseudo-realistic. Which isn't bad in and on itself, of course. I guess I'll need to watch the movie to grasp just how silly it turned out.

If people think this makeup sucks, they are expecting way too much IMO.

After reading all the negative comments about this make up, I have to agree with you. I haven't seen how it works in motion though, but judging from the pictures, it looks very good. The acting is also very important in making this work as well, imo. Just how old is he supposed to be? Supercentenarian?

I enjoyed the movie, because even though I didn't understand it 100% (due to some preconceptions I had), when I cleared my head of what I THOUGHT was supposed to be happening and thought about it from a blank page point of view it makes sense.

People are too caught up on how Alien fits in. If you stop thinking so hard about the Alien parts and focus on the Space Jockey story it's not that convoluted. Trying to fit the Alien lifecycle/creation part into it clouds the narrative and adds confusion. In the end, absolutely NOTHING about the origin of the xenomorph as we know it was revealed.

One thing I think people are regarding as a plothole isn't one. People keep asking why we were given an invitation to LV223. Pretty sure we weren't. Shaw's assumption was incorrect. The Engineers just came to ancient civilizations and said, "We came from up there" and humans recorded it. Just so happens that later on we find the artifacts, put two and two together and found where they were from and managed to get there.

Several things like this are misunderstood by people, and understandably so, but instead of trying to figure out other ways things might work people are just assuming that the first way they understood it doesn't work, so it must be a plothole. Sometimes maybe you just didn't get it.

I know I didn't get it 100%, and I left the theatre going, "Eeeeh, I don't know", but after thinking about things from a different angle a bit more most anything I had problems with have logical answers. Occam's Razor.

I never been of Facebook either, hence I too, deleted mine. That suite actor is frickin HUGE! I sure wouldn't want to face him in a dark alley! :horror

Weyland's prosthetic makeup looks pretty good in those production photos. But in the movie - especially scenes within the Prometheus - he looks really fake.

The makeup job itself as seen in the photos is amazing work.

For the old Weyland makeup, they should've gotten who worked on this film.......

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/kristen-wiig-ben-stiller-share-secret-life-155651791.html

Man. That's pretty impressive. There was this makeup artist that did aging effects for that Madonna baseball movie (A League of Their Own?) from the 90s. That was also some stellar work. And they didn't use any prosthetic pieces. All just makeup.

Technically. But that is clearly not the case now. The Alien is known as a Xenomorph.

It's in 2 movies, and it's the clearest way to say what I'm talking about.

Otherwise it'd be like this...

The Alien isn't an Alien, it's just an Alien. But it came from a different Alien and was birthed using Alien DNA. :lol

marklar marklar. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzq4YDt7V-o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzq4YDt7V-o[/ame]

Back