Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Because of AvP. They don't want the public to write it off as "Another stupid Alien movie". They wan't people to go in fresh, and enjoy this story that's set before, and shows the events that sorta lead up to Alien.

That's my take.

But Scott will probably do the egg morphing stuff, which creates a queen.
I will be so damn happy if egg morphing is in the movie..

I am pretty confused about this whole thing. I am hearing a lot about this mvoie being a prequel to "Alien" despite the fact that the team making the movies says absolutely not.

Why is that?
It's about the Space Jockey creature, and how it's connected to the Xenomorphs.
It will show why the Derelict was crashed on LV-426 and all that.

The reason they're saying it's not a prequel to Alien is because they're afraid it will turn everyone away from the movie due to AvP and AvP:R..which are considered pretty bad.

Sounds more like a spin-off to me. But I will wait with my opinion until I see the movie.

Charlize Theron would make a great person to carry on the "Alien" Legacy for Sigourney Weaver.

And Tom Skerritt was the main star of Alien. :lecture

A bit diversionary there, huh? Overdone these days, but damn I wish I could have seen Alien in the theater when it came out...

Yeah, but...Noomi is the main girl. Theron is the company head.

AvP and AvP:R are crap. I choose not to think of them as real Alien movies.

Someone should've tugged on Milla Jovovich's sleeve when she was marrying Paul W.S. Anderson. "Psst... did you watch the DVDs I gave you? HE directed those! He's going to ruin your career! In a few years you're going to be starring in Resident Evil part 12"

Well crap! I thought Charlize Theron was the leading lady in this movie. Who is Noomi Repace?

googling...

Last edited:

It's Noomi Rapace.

Star of the Swedish Girl With The Dragon Tattoo films.

...she's also in Sherlok Holmes 2..which comes out this month

If you can't find it on YouTube, then you can't find it.

i saw a bit of the leak you cant see diddly, blurry. I cant wait for them to show the actual trailer, this has the potential to be awesome.

If what you guys are saying is true than that great, im fine with them saying its a standalone film to the public but fanboys of the franchise know its a prequel of sorts. The Aliens mythology is bigger than any 1 movie, even though AVPR was a total flop its pretty cool that the aliens & predators are in the same universe, i hope promethius has some other new elements they bring into the franchise, just make it bigger and better.

Anyone know a possible budget? or if the studio is thinking sequel?

I cant wait for them to show the actual trailer
The trailer was leaked like a week and a half - two weeks ago. Quality wasn't great, but much better than the small bit they leaked before. Fox has removed it from..everywhere though.

The trailer was leaked like a week and a half - two weeks ago. Quality wasn't great, but much better than the small bit they leaked before. Fox has removed it from..everywhere though.

They are probably hoping no-one saw the leaked trailer and will make everyone wait longer for the official hd version.:lol

I really get a Planet of the Vampires vibe from this pic. After all, it did have the giant Space Jockey aliens...

Back