Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I'm aware of that, but I was more interested in what Scott would have done with the idea.

If this film stands alone without being tied down to continuity with anything outside Alien then we might see some stuff other filmmakers touched on but in their originally intended context.

Alien 3 for it's flaws could have been a great movie. Fincher has talked about how sh-tty the studio was to him during production and how guys in suits would show up and start barking orders. He recalled in an interview where a studio rep said "If I tell you to film a guy p-ssing on a wall for two hours and call it Alien 3 you will."

He has the clout now to do it his way. I wonder how that movie would turn out if he made it today?

Last edited:

What happened to Fincher seems to be the default managerial mindset at 20th Century Fox. 20th is a studio that occasionally makes a decent movie by accident or releases a decent movie made by a 3rd party.

The Fantastic Four movies are famous for the studio tampering that took place. “There won’t be any giant robots in any movie my studio makes.” --Tom Rothman

Rothman has come to epitomize the pinhead decision making behind X3, Wolverine, AvsP, both FFour movies, Daredevil, and most of the other crap from 20th in the last few years.

20th screwed up the Aliens franchise so badly they had to put it back in Scott's hands. The good news is he carries the kind of weight where he can hang up the phone on these guys if he wants.

I love those shots of the derelict falling over. I'm really interested in this.

The next big 20th Century Fox film is Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. I bet this trailer will be attached to that film.

:D

I'm betting it will be with TGWTDT.

They all were, but this movie should have nothing do to with anything that came after Alien.

Well, it doesn't. So deal with it.

You guys all think that Cameron is Scott's enemy. When they ____ing are WORKING TOGTHER :lol

Who do you think talked him into making this movie? They're good friends. :lol

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 are all in the continuty. That's a fact.

People are assuming that Scott doesn't like Aliens, or Cameron...when it was Cameron who's been pushing him to make this movie for a few years now.

They both at one point were working on an Alien 5. But it got cancelled thanks to AvP.

Point is....it's all the same series.

Res is too far out. :lol

I mean, all Alien life was wiped out, so it doesn't really matter until that point.

@Celtic

I'm aware of that..what I meant was like..they shouln't have to alter the ideas they have just because of Aliens, Alien 3, and Resurrection.
They should ignore them and go all-out in this movie..
Like, not strictly following the Alien life cycle..not putting a Queen in the movie, etc.

Well, they won't unless a human gives birth to an Alien.

But Scott will probably do the egg morphing stuff, which creates a queen.

So ideas aren't altered, just re-placed. There will be very little Aliens in this movie anyway...

I am pretty confused about this whole thing. I am hearing a lot about this mvoie being a prequel to "Alien" despite the fact that the team making the movies says absolutely not.

Why is that?

Back