Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks A-Dev. Nice custom bro. He does good work [emoji108][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Looks bad ass man! DikkeToys does great work, you'd think that was an official NECA figure if you didn't know better! Cool Pescadero background also!

That's actually my 1/6 Pescadero diorama. I use it to photograph anything that can physically fit in it because it's currently the only thing I have with decent lighting built in.

I owe you a favour for the 7'' Keaton Batman you sent me so you'll be covered for that in any eventuality.

You saying you'll send me a dirt bike bro?!

How many Johns do you have.

Do you mean the Kenner T-1000 that was vertically split down the middle with one side human and the other side liquid metal or do you more have in mind a realistic, movie-based take on that concept?

It could be either or. I wouldn't mind split down the middle like Kenner's "Exploding T-1000" but a movie-based take would be awesome too. Anything that shows off the phasing. I always liked toys that depicted T-1000 in half human/half liquid metal form because it reminded me of the equivalence of a battle damaged T-800 you know, where it was half man/half machine. The 50% silver vs. 50% navy blue/black/flesh looks cool too. There are customs online that do it perfectly.

I still wonder how they'd do the endo-knee - I figure that's why we haven't seen it yet.

Had to have been planned atleast considering it has the same joint cut at the thigh and boot shin. Either make that piece static or make the endo knee a facade where the knee ball joint goes up into it.

Also, some updates.

Those Sarah and John Connor 2 packs appear to have sold out like hot cakes. Every store I've been to is sold out and I see tons that sell on the secondary market.

I thought John was "too niche"?!?! I thought nobody wanted him!? :lol

You saying you'll send me a dirt bike bro?!

How many Johns do you have.

Affirmative. It's been years since I shipped anything though, I wonder what's changed.

Suffice it to say as my most requested figure from NECA since the beginning of the line in 2009 I bought more than a sensible number of Johns.

It could be either or. I wouldn't mind split down the middle like Kenner's "Exploding T-1000" but a movie-based take would be awesome too. Anything that shows off the phasing. I always liked toys that depicted T-1000 in half human/half liquid metal form because it reminded me of the equivalence of a battle damaged T-800 you know, where it was half man/half machine. The 50% silver vs. 50% navy blue/black/flesh looks cool too. There are customs online that do it perfectly.

I'd wonder about NECA's ability to do a convincing one unfortunately. The mass production effort on the frozen T-1000 was awful. But yeah if they could pull off a liquid metal phasing back into Robert Patrick post-truck explosion I'd buy that - or maybe a glitching T-1000 from the steel mill.

Also, some updates.

Those Sarah and John Connor 2 packs appear to have sold out like hot cakes. Every store I've been to is sold out and I see tons that sell on the secondary market.

I thought John was "too niche"?!?! I thought nobody wanted him!? :lol

Good to hear. Nice for us to be right about this, we've been talking John and the 2-pack format for years. Heck they could have done 3 packs or 4 packs and I think they would have been sought after.

All quiet on the twitter front though. We know of no further Terminator plans :(

A-dev, can I take you up on a bike and possibly a bandana Connor head?

I don’t think NECA is into Terminator anymore.

Yup. PM me a shipping address and I will see about it. A bike and a bandana head.

The feeling did sort of come over me recently, despite my past optimism, that they could now be done with Terminator. Although that largely arose out of the complete lack of activity on twitter since Halloween and he's back on there now. No mention of Terminator though.

I just don't know how Randy himself could not want to at least complete the T1 roster with Sarah Connor and a new articulated Kyle Reese. There's still more they could do with T2 but once they made John Connor it was 'complete' in a sense. But we can't say the same of T1 yet, we can't even give it an airquote 'complete'.

We both know there’s so much more they could do. But trying to get new Terminator stuff is like pulling teeth. I just don’t get it. All those John and Sarah Connor two packs sold through. People would get a Kenner John, a Kyle Reese / T1 Sarah, a quarter scale Police Shootout t-800, etc.

But yeah, I’ve been following them on Twitter and it doesn’t even seem like Terminator is even on their radar anymore, hence me reaching out.

Crazy how we have super articulated civilian characters like Biff Tannen and Parker, but Kyle Reese and Sarah are too niche or whatever.

Crazy how we have super articulated civilian characters like Biff Tannen and Parker, but Kyle Reese and Sarah are too niche or whatever.

386DAC7C-C3C7-4681-ADDC-39FF5AFDFE40.jpeg

That’s exactly what I thought! I actually had that in my original edit. :lol

I don't actually require a Danny Cooksey figure. I'd buy him if they had the balls to make him of course but I would never be outraged if they didn't.

It just illustrates though that T1 Sarah Connor should absolutely not be out of the question. I will not accept claims of 'too obscure', 'not toyetic' or 'no demand' when they make Danny who appeared in one TMNT film - not even sure that character exists in other TMNT canon.

edit - by the way the bike/headsculpt is on the way as of today.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I hold my breath thinking maybe, just maybe some good news. Not only not good news but something to just tick me off. Next up will be that guy whose part was cut from that movie that no one saw.

I just think the Terminator Franchise doesn't have the fan base needed to support more figure releases. (At least compared to TMNT, which NECA is trying to milk [understandably] hand over fist.) It's sad, and I can't imagine the last couple of movies have helped. I mean if the sales were there, we'd be seeing more I have to think. :(

I don't actually require a Danny Cooksey figure. I'd buy him if they had the balls to make him of course but I would never be outraged if they didn't.

It just illustrates though that T1 Sarah Connor should absolutely not be out of the question. I will not accept claims of 'too obscure', 'not toyetic' or 'no demand' when they make Danny who appeared in one TMNT film - not even sure that character exists in other TMNT canon.

edit - by the way the bike/headsculpt is on the way as of today.

As a fan of both franchises, I can say that I really wanted that Danny figure, but yeah there's also no reason they can't do a T1 Sarah figure. I wonder if they'll ever try the Lootlauncher with her or Kyle Reese.

I love TMNT, but I definitely dont need a figure of that little ****.

I would really love to have a T1 Sarah though. That and a better Kyle Reese.

i don't care which of them Neca does anyway because their figures are often unavailable (except for resellers with 200+ % markup + $100-150 for Global ******** Program).
though if i had a possibility to choose, i'd buy anything but terminator related figures, because Neca hasn't produced any decent T-800 figures, so Sarah Connor would have no one to be put against.
TMNT, on the other hand, got a sculptor who knows what he's doing. (the movie line. cartoon sculpts suck)

She'd do great in a 2 pack format - either with Kyle Reese or with the T-800. Maybe both if they do outfit variants on her. I need to jog my memory on her outfit throughout the film.

I think there's more potential even besides her across T1 and T2 but if NECA has really lost interest I hope they'll at least put out T1 Sarah before

This diorama just came into stock at BBTS. I'm being charged now. Shipping made me wince a bit and possible customs fees to come so I sure hope it'll be worth it and that the scale will be fine even though it says 1/12 and NECA is 1/10.

Back