Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah thought I'd mention if anyone interested, I got a couple small dio type backgrounds from a seller on ebay who makes them to display some endo's and a Predator, here is the link to the Terminator future war one. He does customs too. They are lightweight and easy to move around if need be.

If you buy one or put in a request for a custom order tell him 'Retro_Rebel' sent you there.

Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174896365892?hash=item28b8a2c144:g:LMMAAOSwIKphG~yf

What's the best NECA T-800 to get nowadays? I once had the 12" Pescadero figure and it was fantastic, and then the old steel mill but I've heard that they've improved since then.

What's the best NECA T-800 to get nowadays? I once had the 12" Pescadero figure and it was fantastic, and then the old steel mill but I've heard that they've improved since then.
If we're talking T2 it's any figure in any scale that has the sunglasses head.

I for one am glad to have the very first 1:10 scale Pescadero Escape figure, the one with statue legs. Just a solid figure that holds up well enough. You had the 12'' version of it. The closest you can get now short of paying high for that original figure is the Ultimate release - but that has a grey T-shirt. Oh wait, there's also the 25th anniversary Rosebox figure - that had a black T-shirt to go with the Rosebox but I think it's also relatively scarce compared to the Ultimate, which has seen a number of rereleases.

The 1:4 scale figure gives you removeable sunglasses, the grey T-shirt, gloved hands and the Cyberdyne gear - I really love the grenade bandolier on that - the 'nades are appropriately big and standout.

For T1 I have a particular fondness again for the original statue-legged Tech Noir release but using the better painted heads from the later and more commonly available Ultimate figure. The Ultimate is good but I feel like the legs are a bit slimmed and shorter and I've never quite liked that personally. Could be more accurate for all I know but for T1 when Arnie was bigger I err on the side of beefier legs which I feel they were on the original Tech Noir figure from way back.

The T2 and T1 lines did not get the fullest range of improvements in articulation that would be seen in the Dark Fate figure like double-jointed elbows. Articulated Knees and hips were where they ended up and now it seems like Terminator is over and done for NECA so you should expect single jointed elbows on whatever you get.

If we're talking T2 it's any figure in any scale that has the sunglasses head.

I for one am glad to have the very first 1:10 scale Pescadero Escape figure, the one with statue legs. Just a solid figure that holds up well enough. You had the 12'' version of it. The closest you can get now short of paying high for that original figure is the Ultimate release - but that has a grey T-shirt. Oh wait, there's also the 25th anniversary Rosebox figure - that had a black T-shirt to go with the Rosebox but I think it's also relatively scarce compared to the Ultimate, which has seen a number of rereleases.

The 1:4 scale figure gives you removeable sunglasses, the grey T-shirt, gloved hands and the Cyberdyne gear - I really love the grenade bandolier on that - the 'nades are appropriately big and standout.

For T1 I have a particular fondness again for the original statue-legged Tech Noir release but using the better painted heads from the later and more commonly available Ultimate figure. The Ultimate is good but I feel like the legs are a bit slimmed and shorter and I've never quite liked that personally. Could be more accurate for all I know but for T1 when Arnie was bigger I err on the side of beefier legs which I feel they were on the original Tech Noir figure from way back.

The T2 and T1 lines did not get the fullest range of improvements in articulation that would be seen in the Dark Fate figure like double-jointed elbows. Articulated Knees and hips were where they ended up and now it seems like Terminator is over and done for NECA so you should expect single jointed elbows on whatever you get.
Oh cool, thanks for the advice, I'll look into the T2 Ultimate one then! I had the 6" Steel Mill back in 2011-ish and wasn't too impressed and stopped looking into these. I sold my 12" Pescadero but in retrospect that figure blew me away when it first came out. Considering NECA has far better sculpts today, I was thinking of getting at least one T-800.

I love how the article makes it seem like the pandemic is the only factor, how about the fact that their products were mini Hot Toys rip offs and not wholly original work.

I've always found that to be their weakest T-800. You really notice the limited articulation range in the arms when trying to capture realistic gun-wielding poses. And while NECA normally does great with hair they skimped out on this sculpt - barely looks like it does in the Police Station scene at all. Still, there's nothing else in the scale so....

Terminator demand feels like it's waning in general but NECA does keep reissuing their Ultimates so those must be selling. What figures do you have? The ones from the old clamshell packaging? Are they sealed or loose?

I believe the clamshell ones. I have a bunch. Crappy photo of how many I have. All the first release ones I believe.
B4625C0C-C123-4946-A4CD-CED97AF22165.png

After the Ultimates I would say those earlier releases will appeal only to completists and MOC collectors. The ones that it might be worth checking out the individual value are T-800 Man or Machine and the Battle-Damage Steel Mill T-800 because those weren't really covered too well by the Ultimates. And perhaps check the value on Pescadero Escape T-800 - his black T-shirt look sets him apart from the Ultimate figure, although there was one other black T-shirt release for the 25th anniversary.

The clamshell T-1000s were unfortunately blighted with awful QC - so if someone was buying those off you with intention to open you'd have to warn them that the joints might break straight out of the box. Motorcycle Cop was OK but the Galleria and Pescadero Hospital figures had issues.

Back