Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I thought the hair looked longer. The facial expression is quite specific on Dutch to the ''shooting in all directions'' scene but you just get away with it here with the T2 minigun.
Thanks man. I'm happy to have this as part of my collection.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So it seems like NECA Terminator is over. Nothing for T2’s 30th anniversary by the looks of it.

I’m glad.

98CF3D73-89E4-4C30-84D2-A24BB11449AA.jpeg

I think there was mention of 'something' on twitter a couple of months back but they're not exactly hyping it up are they. T-2sday has been utterly replaced by Turtle-Tuesday. Oh to be some other letter. Yeah, I think it's over.

Gay faces?

And say what you will, but they were the only game in town when it came to mas market classic Terminator action figures in the past 6 years.

You remind me, I have a twitter peeve

Given that even Alien and Predator have moved down the priority ladder we don't get as many tweets from Randy about these licenses as we used to - and pretty much zilch about Terminator - so I really hate when people ask Turtle-related questions on Alien/Predator/Terminator tweets! **** off to the countless Turtle posts with that ***t *********.

Gay faces?
that face paint. powdered skin, fat layer of lipstick on mouths, and the mouths themselves in a weirdest expression. early David Bowie faces. on all Neca T-800s i've seen. sometimes people repainted the lips, it made it a bit better, but only a bit. and i know that behind that terrible paint decent sculpts are hidden.

I don't necessarily disagree with that (and I would have loved to see new sculpts from Trevor Grove) but it never ruined the line or dissuaded me from buying. There was enough that was very pleasing about the figures overall.

and i can say anytime that Neca did a lot to stop me from buying their figures:
- joints broken out of the box
- cheapest paint i've seen
- nazi selling policies.
let it close altogether, talented people from Neca will just start (or join) some new normal company, where their work won't be turned into cheap crap.
don't start explaining how infant and silly this thought is, i'm just dreaming of a better world.

I will not deny your - as they like to say these days - 'lived experience'.

Although incidentally the only Terminator figures that ever broke on me were the initial releases of the T-1000 - the Galleria and Pescadero figures - every single one of the many I bought - elbows, shoulders and necks. It was quite ridiculous.

No T-800 ever broke - crap paint and bent weapons? Yep.

So it seems like NECA Terminator is over. Nothing for T2’s 30th anniversary by the looks of it.

I’m glad.

View attachment 512801
Seems to be confirmation of this today - when asked if there was anything coming for the 30th anniversary the answer was 'sadly no'.

I wonder what the 'sadly' part might imply - that he wanted to but there was issues with the license? That he wanted to but has too much else on his plate? That Terminator isn't selling enough anymore?

But look, so be it, we'll live.

maybe if they hired a sculptor, terminators would sell, unlike those Bowie abominations they produced.

This diorama just came into stock at BBTS. I'm being charged now. Shipping made me wince a bit and possible customs fees to come so I sure hope it'll be worth it and that the scale will be fine even though it says 1/12 and NECA is 1/10.

Have you received this dio and displayed it yet? Would love to see pics!

Saw this on youtube

I don't think pics of mine would be any more persuasive than the image in that youtube video (also my camera is truly ****ed at this point).

But yes I did receive the diorama (came in a gigantic box) and didn't have to pay customs. It's the best representation that we're going to get of one of the most famous scenes in the Terminator franchise - not entirely accurate in its details to the 'set' in the movie but I didn't need it to be. The important thing to me is having that overlooking 'balcony' in addition to the chains and molten pit - other diorama attempts at this scene had never included the balcony.

A cool thing is - see that grille that's over the actual lava? Obviously it makes no sense for that to be there and you don't have to put it there - it can be used to expand the diorama to the rear of the balcony as flooring upon which you could recreate the final battle with the T-1000 before he gets knocked into the molten steel. Only thing is you need a shelf to put the grille flooring on that will be level with the balcony. This means the whole diorama including the expansion to the rear will take up a big 'depth' footprint and I, until just the other day, had the diorama on the floor in front of a shelving unit to achieve the full depth. Alas I didn't like having it on the floor encroaching into the room like that so I'm moving the dio - I don't know where yet - and I won't have the expansion out the back - it's just cool to know it's something you can do.

My only criticism is the lighting under the lava pit is limited to the center and so the extremities of the lava don't light up too well - I also think it could do with something to adjust the colour of the light to be more convincing.

If you don't mind the price and you have the space, I recommend it.

I’ve had mine up in my Detolf for a couple of months. I really love this diorama! View attachment 534912
I’ve had mine up in my Detolf for a couple of months. I really love this diorama! View attachment 534912
I don't think pics of mine would be any more persuasive than the image in that youtube video (also my camera is truly ****ed at this point).

But yes I did receive the diorama (came in a gigantic box) and didn't have to pay customs. It's the best representation that we're going to get of one of the most famous scenes in the Terminator franchise - not entirely accurate in its details to the 'set' in the movie but I didn't need it to be. The important thing to me is having that overlooking 'balcony' in addition to the chains and molten pit - other diorama attempts at this scene had never included the balcony.

A cool thing is - see that grille that's over the actual lava? Obviously it makes no sense for that to be there and you don't have to put it there - it can be used to expand the diorama to the rear of the balcony as flooring upon which you could recreate the final battle with the T-1000 before he gets knocked into the molten steel. Only thing is you need a shelf to put the grille flooring on that will be level with the balcony. This means the whole diorama including the expansion to the rear will take up a big 'depth' footprint and I, until just the other day, had the diorama on the floor in front of a shelving unit to achieve the full depth. Alas I didn't like having it on the floor encroaching into the room like that so I'm moving the dio - I don't know where yet - and I won't have the expansion out the back - it's just cool to know it's something you can do.

My only criticism is the lighting under the lava pit is limited to the center and so the extremities of the lava don't light up too well - I also think it could do with something to adjust the colour of the light to be more convincing.

Man that looks good in a detolf, defo a top two shelf job! Could do with a sweet foundry background like one I have in my Detolf on one of my T2 shelves but would be hard to find one to cover the height of the dio! I'd blackout the back and sides, that molten steel light would be amazing in the dark like that! I do have a spare one though I'll post a pic. I just looked and the guy's Ebay store seems to be empty? Wonder why he shut it down he had all types of Detolf fitted backgrounds/floors! Even did a custom T1 police station one for me I designed that looks awesome!

EDIT: That Ebay guy responded, he is on holiday so he will be open again on 23rd. Here is the link below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/custom-b...mas|folenttp:1&_trksid=p3542580.m47492.l71970
$299 plus shipping....Damn so tempted but I'm shot for space anyway I need at least two more detolf's already to house the odd figures that are on the top of them and all over my damn home lol.

*Pic attached #01 only pic on computer of foundry background*

Actually I don't have a spare one, I only have a Pescadero background only suitable for 1/6 scale. I used the 1/10 scale one for my NECA Arnolds/Sarahs/Johns but never ended up getting a T2 Hot Toy Arnie so it's just sat in a sleeve box.

*Pic attached #02 Spare 1/6 Scale Pescadero Background

Attachments

• foundry.png
    foundry.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • 20210818_013449.jpg
    20210818_013449.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back