Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrinkling up that sash thing makes it even better! Awesome picture!

Did you buy 2 figures or why do you have 3 heads?

Anyone else have an issue with the lower belt?

The edges that are supposed to be folded underneath have come loose. Not sure if these were even glued to begin with though but it doesn't look right.

Good to know! Perhaps it is the humidity which has been around 70 percent these past few days. The upper belt is still stuck but the lower belt has no glue at all. It just evaporated :dunno

I put a little Formula 560 in there and so far so good.

Still a total grail figure!

034.jpg

040.jpg

wonderful pics everyone :clap

here are some quick snaps of custom bases I had commissioned from two different boardies

Mudblood:
SAM_4430_zps578e4f85.jpg

SAM_4428_zpsc9bea530.jpg

SAM_4429_zps659a8e0d.jpg

ZsaszSays:
SAM_4431_zps90fbf02d.jpg

SAM_4432_zps53b13c8f.jpg

SAM_4433_zps859f9983.jpg

Still an awesome figure.
The likeness is unmatched by any other manufacturer. :clap

So you don't rate the UU sculpt? The amount of praise heaped on that one has me scratching my head, I just don't get it. To my eyes the DX06 portraits are both far better a likeness.

So you don't rate the UU sculpt? The amount of praise heaped on that one has me scratching my head, I just don't get it. To my eyes the DX06 portraits are both far better a likeness.
idk... I like the DX sculpts and all but the smirking sculpt to me, is more Sparrow than Depp as Sparrow. The serious face I think is damn near close and wins all around. But comparing smirk to smirk, the UU one wins hands down for me.

I don't want to get all "intothevoid" here but as a huge Depp fan and Depp/Superman being the only things I really collect, for me, I don't see what ppl see in the DX06 smirking sculpt but that's just me I guess. I have the smirking sculpt displayed right now but that's just b/c I had the serious one on display for a good 6-8 months :lol
I'll bump this to the new page... Glad you like them man! I had fun making them for you!

:duff they add so much realism dude

Last edited:
idk... I like the DX sculpts and all but the smirking sculpt to me, is more Sparrow than Depp as Sparrow. The serious face I think is damn near close and wins all around. But comparing smirk to smirk, the UU one wins hands down for me.

I don't want to get all "intothevoid" here but as a huge Depp fan and Depp/Superman being the only things I really collect, for me, I don't see what ppl see in the DX06 smirking sculpt but that's just me I guess.

Nah, that's not just you but heaps of people, and Depp fans in particular. I'm not a huge Pirates fan, I've watched any one of those twice at most - so my familiarity with the source material isn't as solid as many. But the picture in my brain, how I remember the character, is best matched by the DX sculpts. I'm not taking a swipe at anyone for their preference, it's just interesting to me how people perceive the same things so differently.

Nah, that's not just you but heaps of people, and Depp fans in particular. I'm not a huge Pirates fan, I've watched any one of those twice at most - so my familiarity with the source material isn't as solid as many. But the picture in my brain, how I remember the character, is best matched by the DX sculpts. I'm not taking a swipe at anyone for their preference, it's just interesting to me how people perceive the same things so differently.

most def man. I'm not trying to say I'm right and others are wrong either :wink1:

But I agree, It is definitely interesting to see everyone's reactions to new and old figures...it makes you wonder are some ppl too critical? not critical enough? apologists? blinded by their love for a certain company? it could be anything and nothing.

I don't want to get all "intothevoid" here but as a huge Depp fan and Depp/Superman being the only things I really collect, for me, I don't see what ppl see in the DX06 smirking sculpt but that's just me I guess. I have the smirking sculpt displayed right now but that's just b/c I had the serious one on display for a good 6-8 months :lol

I have debated on this, wanted to get the Medi head but was never able to. Both come close, but do not look exactly Depp. Found some pics, think I would have liked HT more if the face paint was a bit better / lighter:

I don't see Johnny Depp in the Medicom sculpt at all. With them side by side it is like having Johnny stand next to a cosplayer!

I have debated on this, wanted to get the Medi head but was never able to. Both come close, but do not look exactly Depp. Found some pics, think I would have liked HT more if the face paint was a bit better / lighter:
I agree with you there. to this day I still think the best Depp sculpt so far is the Sweeney Todd sculpt. And yea one of the few let downs of the DX Sparrow is the lack of paint. it's mostly just colored plastic with little paint accent's.
I don't see Johnny Depp in the Medicom sculpt at all. With them side by side it is like having Johnny stand next to a cosplayer!
Enterbay did the sculpt not Medicom. Medicom handled everything else. just for starters, the mouth is all wrong and the shape of the head is too narrow on the HT
I thought the medi was still available through SSC? Anyhoo, prefer the ht myself :)

no Maximus for you!

j/k :lol

Having had Both HT DX and the UU, I sold off my DX. If you have one, you don't need the other, but put side by side (or in close proximity) my DX just didn't hold up the the UU sculpt. I don't think you can accurately compare the 2, unless you have both in hand. The UU is one of those odd sculpts that doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person...and in person, it (to me) looks more realistic and more like Depp as Sparrow. Granted, the one I have has been customized with HT gear and just a tiny bit of paint touch up in the eyebrow areas. The mistake I see customizers doing with the UU sculpt, is just swapping the heads. The HT body is a bit SMALL for the UU head...sometimes not as noticeable with all the long coat, but still off.
As this is the HTDX thread, I'll refer you to the Jack Sparrow Custom thread (for those that haven't seen it) that has the process and comparisons, etc.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?106926-Jack-Sparrow-Customization-Thread

I still think DX Sparrow is the best out there. I love mine and will never sell it. Such a great figure and really sparks up my collection.

Back