Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who might have missed it, here is my sash wrapping tutorial.

Lay it across the front of the body then wrap the ends around, like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then pull it tight

Then lift up the right hand side (up) and fold it flat against the body (fold)

Make a second fold in order to create the "flap" of the sash (2nd fold) then lay the remaining part of the sash down his leg (down)

Then (lay) the left half of the sash across the body and twist it when it reaches his hip (twist)

Then fold the sash back on itself where the twist is (fold) and lay it down his body with the other half (down).

Then put the belt on to keep everything in place

Then fold the "flap" down. I took the magnets off the sash and use them to keep the flap in place. You could put a coin or something heavy in the sash to weigh it down.

Finished

Don't worry - in all four films, Jack's sash would often change length with one side being lower than the other.

Yup - I removed the stitch and took the magnets off the sash. I was then able to use the magnets wherever worked best to futz the sash.

I noticed that too. I just watched the first 3 films over the weekend on my new HDTV. Still haven't seen Stranger Tides yet, though I hear it's a stinkaroo.

Yup - I removed the stitch and took the magnets off the sash. I was then able to use the magnets wherever worked best to futz the sash.

I honestly and quite stupidly never though of reattaching the magnets once I got it on how I wanted it to be which is why I just left it how it came :lol :slap looks like I've got some cutting, futzing, and sewing to do when i get home :lol

thanks man. you're tutorial will come in handy :yess:

I noticed that too. I just watched the first 3 films over the weekend on my new HDTV. Still haven't seen Stranger Tides yet, though I hear it's a stinkaroo.

I'll admit to not liking it so much when I saw it in theaters, but once I got the Bluray and watched it for the first time at home, I began to like it more. now it's one of my favorites.

Oh gosh no! On Stranger tides is brill; my second fav after Curse.

:lecture listen to this man!

If I were to rank the series, I'd probably go:

1. Curse
2. DMC
3. OST
4. AWE

I love them all, but AWE is definitely the weakest of the 4, saved really by the maelstrom sequence. OST has issues, but overall is really enjoyable and a great Jack film. I personally enjoyed Blackbeard, and watching the Jack-Barbossa relationship is always fun.

1. Curse
2. DMC
3. OST
4. AWE

I love them all, but AWE is definitely the weakest of the 4, saved really by the maelstrom sequence. OST has issues, but overall is really enjoyable and a great Jack film. I personally enjoyed Blackbeard, and watching the Jack-Barbossa relationship is always fun.

totally agreee on all points expect I'd put DMC above Curse, b/c I LOVE Davy Jones'.

totally agreee on all points expect I'd put DMC above Curse, b/c I LOVE Davy Jones'.

I too love Jones, it's a pretty tough call for me between 1 and 2, I find Jack more entertaining in DMC, and Jones is a great villain, but there are parts to DMC that make the overall a bit weaker where I don't find too many weak points in Curse. Some of the Cutler Beckett and Norrington parts of DMC and AWE just feel like they bring the movie down some, not all, they both have moments that really bring something to the table.

At the very least Stranger's Tide is much better than the third film, but I haven't seen the second in so long it is hard to say if it was better than the second as well. All I really remember was that I really love Davy Jones in the films so that's a plus.

Didn't someone here add hair to their Jack?

I want to add hair to a custom.

Also, here's some pics of my map.
I still have to paint the back and cut it, but this is it so far

97d2afdf.jpg

8b1df6a4.jpg

5e394713.jpg

Last edited:
J&B, I missed that tutorial the first time, so thanks for reposting.

I've seen only the first, Curse of the BP, but knew I couldn't pass up on getting this DX Sparrow.

Didn't someone here add hair to their Jack?

I want to add hair to a custom.

Also, here's some pics of my map.
I still have to paint the back and cut it, but this is it so far

97d2afdf.jpg

8b1df6a4.jpg

5e394713.jpg

Geez, that's awesome. :clap
Looking forward to seeing the finished map with Jack.

1. Curse
2. DMC
3. OST
4. AWE

Agreed with the ordering, but to make it a little more precise for me:

1) COTB
2) Watch COTBP again
3) Fast Forward through COTB to watch a few scenes again
4) DMC
5) OST
6) Tidy up the house
7) Alphabetize movie collection
8) AWE

I honestly and quite stupidly never though of reattaching the magnets once I got it on how I wanted it to be which is why I just left it how it came :lol :slap looks like I've got some cutting, futzing, and sewing to do when i get home :lol

thanks man. you're tutorial will come in handy :yess:

I'll admit to not liking it so much when I saw it in theaters, but once I got the Bluray and watched it for the first time at home, I began to like it more. now it's one of my favorites.

:lecture listen to this man!

Glad to be of help! That sash can be a real pain!

No one has ever referred to On Stranger Tides being brilliant before.
Unless this is a reference to brill cream and I misunderstood.

Well I liked it :)

Back