Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guys that are having trouble with goodshipped need to make a claim before the 45 day window expires. One that expires you have no recourse.

Don't take any chances:lecture

All the possible DX's HS variants... why not offer all the works of art heads

Hello everyone! I am Kojun!

2011 is almost done.
2012 is coming. Happy New Year, Hot Toys fans!
Please keep good health and take care!

I have joined Hot Toys for almost 3 years.
At the end of this year, I always think of myself and how my work was in this year.
I am feeling a bit sad, because for me my work is not very good this year.
The number 1 memory of my work is Captain Jack Sparrow.
I want to show you guys this photo –
Please take a look.

380114_10150443617817344_58690437343_8788527_630550000_n.jpg

We didn’t show you guys this photo before. All head sculpts look like the same but actually each of them is of a bit different style.
This is really a hard job, because I have sculpted many different heads for licensor’s approval, and Howard and JC want to have the hair separated one by one.

For this figure, it has taken a long time and I have received a lot of comments from JC.
I have thought of million times about dropping this job, but I cannot, because I have talked about it to some media in the interviews.
Actually I thought if my talent is not enough…

Whether the final head is good or not, working hard or not doesn’t matter anymore,
because I am really happy that I have a chance to make this figure and my favorite character can be made into a figure!
For me, I just can’t stop this job (figure sculpting).

406996_10150443618287344_58690437343_8788529_2057382355_n.jpg

And I want to tell you guys this good news – in 2012, I want to try Wolverine again!
He is really also my favorite character. I think the quality before is not good enough and it is a good timing to work on this again as Hot Toys has already confirmed with licensor on this. I am really excited and will do this with my full power!

Again, thank you very much for your support, all Hot Toys fans!
There is a lot of good talking between us this year and I am very happy about that!

Happy new year again from Kojun in Korea

389909_10150443619107344_58690437343_8788533_657301783_n.jpg

I really enjoy it when the people that create give us a bit of insight. It's really great to read how hard these people work to make this stuff.

It makes it all the more frustrating when people just immediately dismiss things as 'FAIL' or 'utter crap'.

I really enjoy it when the people that create give us a bit of insight. It's really great to read how hard these people work to make this stuff.

It makes it all the more frustrating when people just immediately dismiss things as 'FAIL' or 'utter crap'.

Very true. I pointed this out in these boards many times before that a lot of times, HT tries their best but the one choosing the sculpt for approval is ultimately not HT but everyone is so quick to put the blame on the artist like with Indy.

You can be sure that HT submitted multiple sculpts for approval (as the norm) and for god knows what reason the one we got was the one approved and HT can't do anything about it.

Think about it, HT is out to make the best figure possible and it would be stupid to purposely release a subpar sculpt.

Man I love reading things like this. Love to know how they feel about their work.

Man but look at al those Jack Sculpts! Love the 4th on from the right.

Poor guy probably doesnt want to sculpt another Jack for a while. Wonder if maybe one of those may be used later for cannibal jack. They may not of been approved for OST Jack but whose to say (besides the licensor) one of those can't go to cannibal jack.

Also, interesting news about Wolverine. Wonder what look they'll go for this time. Bone claws or maybe they get one of the previous licenses for a black suited up wolverine. Sorry that's discussion for the marvel section

Yeah if anything he had a great year with DX jack, Bruce Wayne and the Barney Ross sculpts.
:goodpost::exactly:

This too!!! On of the best posts in 2011 :lecture

Very true. I pointed this out in these boards many times before that a lot of times, HT tries their best but the one choosing the sculpt for approval is ultimately not HT but everyone is so quick to put the blame on the artist like with Indy.

You can be sure that HT submitted multiple sculpts for approval (as the norm) and for god knows what reason the one we got was the one approved and HT can't do anything about it.

Think about it, HT is out to make the best figure possible and it would be stupid to purposely release a subpar sculpt.

It has to be infinitely frustrating for these people who work for months and months to gain the approval of the licensor only to have it torn apart by 'the fans'. And people wonder why manufacturers don't participate in the forums . . . because the vast majority of people here are whiny spoiled brats.

It's what totally pisses me off about people _____ing about the HT Indy. . . you can guaran-damn-tee that they submitted a better sculpt, but LFL wanted that old Arnie Kim sculpt, for who knows whatever reason. If you're mad at that figure, blame LFL not Hot Toys.

Kojun is awesome! :rock

Plus, look at the Cannibal Jack sculpt! Hard to tell if it is the old or new one, but I'm so stoked for that figure :D

That's a really cool post from Kojun, full of humility and artistic thoughtfulness. If only HT dealt in such an open conversational way!
Excellent stuff, and a nice reminder of the talented human beings behind these incredible releases.

I see a few people, naming no names! Commenting again about licensor approval and how a bad release isn't HT's responsibility. That's crazy talk. Ok, they may not get their best sculpt approved, but it's their responsibility to not release sub par work that could damage their reputation. Anyone who works in a creative design art field will tell you this.. If you are not happy with something, don't present it. Chances are the client will pick that one and you will be stuck with it. Bottom line, if you have to submit 5 variations on a headsculpt make sure they are all of a high standard. But blaming the licensor after the release has flunked isn't realistic. It just doesn't work that way. Presentation and approval is a huge part of every creative industry. Be it design, advertising, product or film design. They just need to take more time with their protos if this issue is starting to filter down to their customers. That's all.

Otherwise there will be more Indy's than Sparrows next year.

Back