Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the exclusive. I thought it was strange that they were offering it as I thought the HT exlusives only went through Sideshow. They have the exclusive black Spiderman up now. It also arrived in the HT shipper carton and pretty darn quick which was very surprising.

BBTS has the exclusive Black Spider-Man? - I have only been able to find the regular black version. Maybe they have taken it down already...

BBTS has the exclusive Black Spider-Man? - I have only been able to find the regular black version. Maybe they have taken it down already...

Hmmmm...something's up. When I preordered it, it showed that it was the exclusive with the extra add on for the Sandman base. My preorder product code is the same as the regular edition that's listed on the site now. I might have to email them to find out what's going but at the same time, it's really not a big deal to me if it's not included now. Sorry about the misinformation.

Well I finally got my loose jacket and 'jack-ish' gesture hands from TA for my original cannibal. Jacket fits well enough over my narrow shoulder TT. Wish I had picked up the shirt. Wrist bands are on the way, and hopefully will cover those unsightly hand joints.

jphoto.jpg

Thanks for posting G!

1) Amazing how dramatically different the two hats are. The medi overdoes the "V" shape I think, but the HT hat doesn't have it at all.

It's weird that the HT hat is totally horizontal on the sides. And it's just too damn big.

2) Is that the Hot Toys jacket dyed?

3) What's the story with the red and white towel thing? It looks a little small in Maul's pic.

Might be kind of fun to weather the towel like that. ^^^

1. Medi hat is sculpted based on Curse, there is no OST hat around and the DX hat is off in many ways.

2. I painted the DX coat to be more accurrate.

3. That's just a bad pic for seeing the sash, all you can see is the little fold that goes over the scabbard, here's a shot were you can see it all.

94.jpg

Hmmmm...something's up. When I preordered it, it showed that it was the exclusive with the extra add on for the Sandman base. My preorder product code is the same as the regular edition that's listed on the site now. I might have to email them to find out what's going but at the same time, it's really not a big deal to me if it's not included now. Sorry about the misinformation.

No worries about misinformation, I just wanted to get the exclusive from BBTS as well, I had checked when he went up last week before I ordered from SS...I get all my 1/6 at BBTS, the pile O Loot really saves me a lot on shipping...plus then I get a goodie box with 4 or 5 figs at one time!!

Just in case it was listed differently...

BBTS doesn't sell Sideshow exclusives unless they happen to get ahold of a few from somewhere but they aren't supplied direct from Sideshow.

Spidey is Sideshow Exclusive so you won't get it through BBTS, the Jack Ex. is sold by BBTS because it's North America Ex., not Sideshow.

switch out that head sculpt and you've got yourself a nice Jack

I prefer the cannibal sculpt to the DX expressions personally, and since I only enjoyed the first movie of the franchise, I'm not really compelled to spend the jingo on the new figure.

I'd be the first to admit though: the DX Jack is far and away the figure of the year :clap

I prefer the cannibal sculpt to the DX expressions personally, and since I only enjoyed the first movie of the franchise, I'm not really compelled to spend the jingo on the new figure.

I'd be the first to admit though: the DX Jack is far and away the figure of the year :clap

Well, I'm not sure how many people are buying the DX because they loved OST. While I know there are a handful of differences between this and COTBP, some more obvious than others, I bought it because this is Jack.

Well, I'm not sure how many people are buying the DX because they loved OST. While I know there are a handful of differences between this and COTBP, some more obvious than others, I bought it because this is Jack.

I would of have picked up the DX too had I no previous representation of Jack. I'm probably in the minority that can be content with an upgraded, yet still inferior, past figure. The quality of the coat alone in person leads me to believe the DX blows away the previous HT Jacks in terms of tailoring, which was figure of the year worthy in its day.

I look at it as getting a great Sparrow figure. While details are unique to OST, like Indy, the overall look of the character is always the same so it works. I only look at the DX as on OST figure for his place in the lineup of Jacka I have.

I would of have picked up the DX too had I no previous representation of Jack. I'm probably in the minority that can be content with an upgraded, yet still inferior, past figure. The quality of the coat alone in person leads me to believe the DX blows away the previous HT Jacks in terms of tailoring, which was figure of the year worthy in its day.

Everything on the DX is better except the white shirt, that's pretty much the same. How much better varies from piece to piece but I find it all better.

Everything on the DX is better except the white shirt, that's pretty much the same. How much better varies from piece to piece but I find it all better.

Makes sense. The previous figures are a few years old, and in this hobby that's light years. The hair/dreads on the new sculpts alone make me pretty envious. I still prefer the cannibal expression, especially when repainted. The likeness on that one holds up extremely well.

It's a lot shorter and neater in the fourth film.

Thanks for the reference pic. When I get him all taken apart it's gonna be interesting getting him all back together again. Pics like this will help. :)

3. That's just a bad pic for seeing the sash, all you can see is the little fold that goes over the scabbard, here's a shot were you can see it all.

94.jpg

Sash looks good there.

And now I understand this post:

Small thing but it drove me crazy watching people posting pics with Jack's shirt untucked showing in the front, it didn't look bad, but it's wrong to how Depp wore the costume so it drove me nuts, I tucked it in as one of my futzes. I also don't care for the way the magents tug at his sash and won't let it lay against him right, plus it looks a bit flat and ironed so I undid that and reapplied it not using the magnets and giving it some more wrinkling and worn look.

So besides redoing the sash, you took everything off and tucked in the white shirt?

OK thanks. He still hasnt replied to my message yet. Its not like I constantly message him too. Ive only messaged him twice now since I made my order and he ignored both so far:gah: He only replied when I was about to place my order and when I posed as a buyer on another account.:mad:
Not cool.

Ive been trying to contact Goodshipped for a while now, sent 4 messages in the past 3 weeks one of them expressing a lot of concern and disappointment and haven't received a response- last I got was ''Late december- smile ^^''.

One thing that bugs me though is that his listing did state it would be shipped within 30 days- no indication it would be from the ''bulk batch''- yet he's parting out his ready now figures? seems like bad customer service. Id endeavour to get my product out to customers- especially if I was sitting on a ready now batch.

definitely my first and last time ordering with goodshipped.

I'm getting pretty frustrated! Should we be worried?

Last edited:
Back