Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure we'll see Grindlewald and Dumbledore - probably a new Newt too but the question is when. It'll be interesting to see if they ever get to the Deathly Hallows films. At this point Year 1 and Year 7 might be the way to go for display.

I'm sure we'll see Grindlewald and Dumbledore - probably a new Newt too but the question is when. It'll be interesting to see if they ever get to the Deathly Hallows films. At this point Year 1 and Year 7 might be the way to go for display.

All of those seem doubtful to me tbh. I feel like this line is dying. Quickly.

If the line dies, hopefully the license goes to a worthy company

I really want to like Star Ace figures, but apart from that one Hermione, it's mostly disappointments,

If the line dies, hopefully the license goes to a worthy company

I really want to like Star Ace figures, but apart from that one Hermione, it's mostly disappointments,

Hate to be a Debbie Downer today in this thread ( :rotfl ), but I feel like that's unlikely. ALTHOUGH....Prime 1 is now giving us two Fantastic Beasts statues, which is awesome. Gives me a little bit of hope that high quality HP collectibles aren't dying out.

Yeah the Pickett is incredible, and the price is incredible too

I would love a 15cm-20cm Picket myself, so it fills half of a IKEA Billy bookcase, to sits near actual books, but 27cm is pretty gigantic, it would require an actual figure spot

There is money there so someone will pick it up, it might even be Big Chief Studios, being out of Britain they'd have a natural selling force right there. Despite their issues and their delays - the Doctor Who figures were really well done. The line wouldn't be extensive but you'd at least get them continuing.

There is money there so someone will pick it up, it might even be Big Chief Studios, being out of Britain they'd have a natural selling force right there. Despite their issues and their delays - the Doctor Who figures were really well done. The line wouldn't be extensive but you'd at least get them continuing.

Oh man....I dunno. Star Ace's painting isn't superb, but in my opinion it's definitely better than the two Big Chief figures I own. I had to get those repainted.

Did we see a dragon teased? I can't even remember!

Aye:

328968.jpg

I asked them about figures from "Fantastic Beasts 2" and I got this yesterday:

20180320_210736.jpg

At least they still have the license...

Hmm, the one I bought on the left below looks a little different than QuiGonFishing’s. Am I wrong? QuiGon’s looks slightly bigger with bigger eyes which feels more correct. Where did you get yours QuiGon?

Attachments

• EBE44048-1232-4067-871F-0067B843CBB3.jpeg
    EBE44048-1232-4067-871F-0067B843CBB3.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 174
My god the one on the right is just hideous.

Yeah difficult to believe Star Ace could call that a finished Hermione head sculpt and release it with a $200 figure. Feels like a middle finger to its Harry Potter customer base, thought makes me wonder if they couldn't get likeness rights for some reason. But even if that were the case, did they have to make it ugly? And geez the part in the hair isn't even in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, the one I bought on the left below looks a little different than QuiGonFishing’s. Am I wrong? QuiGon’s looks slightly bigger with bigger eyes which feels more correct. Where did you get yours QuiGon?

You probably got a recast of a recast. I believe QuiGon said he got lucky on ebay and didn't get a shrunken recast.

whitd, we discussed this in some detail on the Hermione thread a while back.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ban-hermione-granger-1-6-scale-figure-26.html

It’s a bit of a crap shoot, for sure. Not sure if they’re being recast, it or just resold, but there does seem to be a difference. I’m still trying to see if I can find my exact seller.

I would also point out that keeping her robe on seems to cut down on the small head look some, along with angle and lighting. This is my only Hermione, and so I was always looking to pose her in the classic Hogwarts school robes, so this look was just right for me. I’m sure I’ll give the casual look a shot at someone me point, but I’m very happy with her with this look for now!

Back