Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In flatter lighting:

Attachments

• ThreeQ_Hermione_Close.jpg
    ThreeQ_Hermione_Close.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 313
  • ThreeQ_Hermione_CloseSide.jpg
    ThreeQ_Hermione_CloseSide.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 313
Looks pretty good, thanks a lot for sharing!

I want one too, but still not sure how to feel about Star Ace stuff

Now that (at least I think) we have a reasonable stand in for teen Hermione, we need someone to competently paint this:

8A23CFB2-7C9F-4297-9C2E-EFA76CADE175.jpeg

...so that we can get rid of the abomination sitting on these shoulders:

1DFD9CF7-91FB-428D-83EA-AB7A15887005.jpeg

Just when you thought Star Ace couldn’t sink any lower in terms of head sculpt quality....Ron Weasley:

86B07194-84DF-4C2B-9DA5-34EBB2077110.jpeg

Got my Fantastic Beasts Newt figure last week...I think he turned out pretty good given Star Ace's recent efforts! :yess: Couldn't find a Fantastic Beasts 1/6 thread so thought I'd post a couple of pics here...

:)

Hey Baggins - could you drop a few more natural light shots? I'm curious how the paint scores up against other things I've got. I'm tempted with this guy but I haven't seen "the picture" that's done it for me.

Now that (at least I think) we have a reasonable stand in for teen Hermione, we need someone to competently paint this:]

...so that we can get rid of the abomination sitting on these shoulders:

View attachment 403489

Just when you thought Star Ace couldn’t sink any lower in terms of head sculpt quality....Ron Weasley:

:lol :slap That is bad! WTH is going on with Star Ace and these Harry Potter figures? :dunno

Hey Baggins - could you drop a few more natural light shots? I'm curious how the paint scores up against other things I've got. I'm tempted with this guy but I haven't seen "the picture" that's done it for me.

I'll try! :lol I'm not the best at taking pictures of figures (I really need to learn how to use my camera!) Here are a few I took around midday today whilst it was quite light, not sure if they'll be of any help but might give you more of an idea...

View attachment 403616

View attachment 403617

View attachment 403618

View attachment 403619

Do Hot Toys' hands fit on the Star Ace bodies? I may replace my Newt's body if not.

Mattel has the license again? :slap

Evidently so, found this last night popping up on foreign HP News sites and some online toy/collectible sites with a November release date. Apparently there are also Fantastic Beasts ones coming as well. I have no idea what the license Mattel has entails. I have seen a lot of HP items popping up in store computer systems this year and it looks like Funko is releasing a smaller figure line similar to the Stranger Things or Batman lines due to the price point and description. It's nice to see WB and Jo Rowling being a bit more open with the licensing as time progresses and spreading out different figural licenses instead of just one Master Toy License. Ive heard rumblings of some JAKKS big figs of HP and FB characters as well in Q4 of the year.

This is cool for mass market collectors but I wish SA would at least release a McGonagall and/or Bellatrix as to have some more important HP females on the shelves.

Evidently so, found this last night popping up on foreign HP News sites and some online toy/collectible sites with a November release date. Apparently there are also Fantastic Beasts ones coming as well. I have no idea what the license Mattel has entails. I have seen a lot of HP items popping up in store computer systems this year and it looks like Funko is releasing a smaller figure line similar to the Stranger Things or Batman lines due to the price point and description. It's nice to see WB and Jo Rowling being a bit more open with the licensing as time progresses and spreading out different figural licenses instead of just one Master Toy License. Ive heard rumblings of some JAKKS big figs of HP and FB characters as well in Q4 of the year.

This is cool for mass market collectors but I wish SA would at least release a McGonagall and/or Bellatrix as to have some more important HP females on the shelves.

Oh, that's interesting. I'd love if Figuarts or even MAFEX would put out 6 inch figures. Star Ace is just squandering the license, it'd be nice if they had competition to deal with.

Back