Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That dementor is so damn frustrating, The logo on the bottom is wrong and the head sculpt is so confusing. What is going on there? I've been archiving HP production materials for years and I have never seen a reference photo for what is under the Dementor's hood to have eyeholes. The most I've seen is a skull that is rounded with a hole for a mouth and that is it. It looks like an Alien from Indiana Jones.

These multiple packs are such an odd concept considering GOF Harry never came into contact with a Dementor (in the films) let alone a GOF Voldemort. It's like theyre shoving things in boxes and putting it on out there.

Dream come true! 6 inch SHF Harry Potter figures!

u8516z8ebez01.jpg

And to think I was this close to trying out Star Ace's 1/8 stuff.

EDIT: made a thread for the line https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/188632-sh-figuarts-harry-potter.html

I knew there had to be a reason that Star Ace had chosen to create a 1/8 scale over a more popular 1/12 scale to venture into. So glad that it was SHF that had the license to 1/12 stuff.

Star Ace has a teaser of Griphook... since that's the figure everyone is clamoring for :lol

Good looking sculpt though.

33573400_1683360355124026_7226934129432985600_n.jpg

They’re probably trying to get some good will from people by soliciting a figure they can’t possibly screw up, before revealing the next botched likeness.

Star Ace has a teaser of Griphook... since that's the figure everyone is clamoring for :lol

Good looking sculpt though.

:lol Of course!! On the plus side, appears that the line isn't dead (yet)! At least this is one sculpt that they can't (surely?) mess up.

I can tell who it's supposed to be by looking at it, but...that's about as far as my praise goes.

At least teen Harry was great. It would've sucked if they botched him and nailed either Ron or Hermione. With the SHF figures coming, I guess this is a nice time to exit the Star Ace line. They're not even trying anymore.

At least teen Harry was great. It would've sucked if they botched him and nailed either Ron or Hermione. With the SHF figures coming, I guess this is a nice time to exit the Star Ace line. They're not even trying anymore.

Unfortunately that's how I am starting to feel about this line. :( The pieces that they are putting out at the moment are leaving a lot to be desired.

Different sculptor, I'm assuming. Maybe they don't want to pay the big bucks for a decent sculptor anymore.

Back