Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for those of you that have Asajj- Do her hands look small or are they to scale? In just about all of the pics I've seen, her hands tend to look rather small. It could just be a visual effect from the pics, but I wanted to check with you guys. Also, what about Leia Boussh's hands?

Thanks!

Quick question for those of you that have Asajj- Do her hands look small or are they to scale? In just about all of the pics I've seen, her hands tend to look rather small. It could just be a visual effect from the pics, but I wanted to check with you guys. Also, what about Leia Boussh's hands?

Thanks!

Asajj, Boussh and Sarah Connor have the same sized hands. My assumption is that this is the norm for the SSC female figures. I don't think they're too small, I think they're in proportion.

Asajj, Boussh and Sarah Connor have the same sized hands. My assumption is that this is the norm for the SSC female figures. I don't think they're too small, I think they're in proportion.

The hands are perfect. The male SSC figures could learn a thing or 2. Mark Hamill is not Wilt Chamberlain.

Maulfan- How do you get your backgrounds so dark and black in your pictures? Thank you for the information...I want to try it out myself. :)

Thanks, Maulfan and Progmatinee!

Looking forward to receiving Boussh Leia (fortunate enough to win her at the SDCC chat) and I think I'll be picking up Asajj soon as well.

Maulfan- How do you get your backgrounds so dark and black in your pictures? Thank you for the information...I want to try it out myself. :)

I have a 23 inch widescreen monitor for my computer, so I shut it off and I use a shoe mount flash which allows me to bound the light from the flash off the walls and ceiling of my room and that combined with my aperture and shutter settings on my camera leave the light just falling on the figures and not the monitor in the background.

I have a 23 inch widescreen monitor for my computer, so I shut it off and I use a shoe mount flash which allows me to bound the light from the flash off the walls and ceiling of my room and that combined with my aperture and shutter settings on my camera leave the light just falling on the figures and not the monitor in the background.

Hmmm. That is pretty neat. I will have to look into a flash like that. I only have one....and it's attached to the camera. :monkey2

Hmmm. That is pretty neat. I will have to look into a flash like that. I only have one....and it's attached to the camera. :monkey2

They're very handy but also expensive and you need to have the attachment on your camera for it. The mount is like a square shaped spot ontop of where the camera's built in flash is located, and there are several metal dots which are the contacts for the prongs on the flash itself. You also want to make sure if you get that type of flash, that it has pivot and til axis to get the best functionality out of it. You're probably looking at like $200 or more to get one.

When we left off, Asajj was getting a visit from some unexpected guests...

AV821077.jpg

AV821078.jpg

AV821079.jpg

AV8210710.jpg

AV8210711.jpg

AV8210712.jpg

AV8210713.jpg

AV8210714.jpg

The exciting conclusion to come soon...

Dude, your pics ROCK and I am actually interested to see how your story continues! Better be and EPIC battle :emperor

Well, mine arrived today, and I have to be honest...

So far...I'm not impressed at all with the stability. She can barely hold a standing pose without falling over. And I already removed the boots and untwisted the ankles. Same thing with Leia Boushh. The female Bucks are completely useless without the stands.

And the head articulation is barely there at all.

I'll keep it because it's a Sith (and I may soften a bit after a few days of futzing), but I really hope these new SSC/HT hybrid bodies are better...

Sucks 4 ya Sith. Seems pretty much everyone else is really happy with her. 4 me personally I use the stands so them standing up without it doesn't mean much 2 me. As far as the head articulation I didn't expect much with the collar.

Yeah, it does suck. Granted, I wasn't trying to be so blunt about it, but that about sums it up.

She couldn't even manage to stand straight up with both feet on the ground and arms/lightsabers at her side.

And it's not like this is my first time posing a 1/6th scale figure.

The design is great, but the base body is just...awful!!

I understand you've been around the block a few times.

The bucks not perfect but it usually doesn't give me many problems.

I understand you've been around the block a few times.

The bucks not perfect but it usually doesn't give me many problems.

Around a few times?? Heck, lately it seems I've been driving around in circles!!! :lol

Usually I don't have this many problems. It's only been Leia and Asajj. And I'm hesitant to blame the original female body because I don't remember having issues with my Xenia figure. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with whatever modifications Sideshow made.

And maybe it's just me, but Asajj's plastic feels lighter and cheaper to me. Especially the squishy head.

And just for clarification, I'm only criticizing this particular base body in front of me as "awful"

Sith Lord, it sounds like you may have just gotten a bad base body with yours. I aggree her feet aren't the greatest for stability, but in my photo sessions with the figure, I've manages some pretty dynamic poses without the aid of supporting devices or any fancy tricks, just a little patient, but I have seen inconsistency with the buck bodies for joints; some have very tight jointed bodies, others fairly loose and some middle ground. My guess is your Asajj is one of the fairly loose, and it does suck for anyone to get one like that, but I think from an objective, impersonal perspective, she's a well made figure overall.

Maybe it is a bad sample then.

But returning it is going to be a headache since apparent SSC is so backed up. Too bad it's basically impossible to strip Asajj down because I'd probably just swap with Leia Boushh since I don't really do any action poses with her.

Perhaps it may have something to do with the very flimsy rubber boots. They don't have any weight to them to help anchor the feet to the ground. I was thinking about trying to stuff the soles with something to add that counterweight.

Thoughts on that, guys??

Back