Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Oh....yeah! I'd forgotten about his prison outfit in that opening scene where he was wearing a light blue shirt! Wow, nice concept for a Rambo! Are you gonna make a "Rambo" aka "John Rambo", "Rambo IV" figure? I thought about making the new older Rambo from the movie with the extra head from my "HALO Jumper" Rambo that doesn't have the helmet and goggles. What do you think Voorhees?

How about making the older Rambo with the dark blue long-sleeve shirt as seen here? Looks like he has a light blue shirt on under the long-sleeved shirt. I think he's also wearing black pants and combat boots in the movie too.

Rambowithsnake.jpg

Last edited:

Oh....yeah! I'd forgotten about his prison outfit in that opening scene where he was wearing a light blue shirt! Wow, nice concept for a Rambo! Are you gonna make a "Rambo" aka "John Rambo", "Rambo IV" figure? I thought about making the new older Rambo from the movie with the extra head from my "HALO Jumper" Rambo that doesn't have the helmet and goggles. What do you think Voorhees?

Mike, you can go for making a RAMBO figure, but I would imagine HT is probably going to produce one as well, I assume the rights to 1-3 are owned same as for 4, and given the caliber of head sculpts coming from them lately, an HT RAMBO will look much better. If you do a custom though, I think your best bet would be the Rambo 3 head, the hair is flatter to his head like it is in RAMBO, plus the Stallone portrait is superb.

I tried this already but the sculpt looks way too young and slim to be Stallone at 61. I'm just hoping to see a Hot Toys version after the movie comes out in January.

Regardless it wouldn't hurt to make some sort of custom with your extra head, why not? I bought a First Blood lot of clothing the other day off of Ebay, it had the jeans, boots, muscle shirt.

But as for the custom of Rambo VI, we would need something more aged in terms of a sculpt.

I tried this already but the sculpt looks way too young and slim to be Stallone at 61. I'm just hoping to see a Hot Toys version after the movie comes out in January.

Regardless it wouldn't hurt to make some sort of custom with your extra head, why not? I bought a First Blood lot of clothing the other day off of Ebay, it had the jeans, boots, muscle shirt.

But as for the custom of Rambo VI, we would need something more aged in terms of a sculpt.

I agree guys about a new "older" head sculpt for John Rambo. While the Rambo III head sculpt is awesome, that was how Sly looked circa 1988, not 2007/early 2008. So, yeah, I'd definitely buy a Rambo (4) new older Rambo if Hot Toys produced one. Hopefully they will sometime early in 2008 after the movie comes out! I'd love to see what accessories he comes with, what outfit he has on, and of course what the head sculpt looks like!

I will end up making a custom someday with that extra HALO Jumper Rambo head with the black headband. I want to get another "muscular" Rambo HT body for it though. I like that body. Not too much articulation but it just looks great! :D

Don't forget, if you go through with a new Rambo figure, his blade of choice this time around is a homemade machette.

Yeah, that's true! I guess over the years between Rambo III and this new Rambo he lost his big cool knife from Rambo III!? That new home-made machete does look pretty wicked in the trailer! Can't wait to see it in action!

I'm not a fan of the machette, it's too basic, I liked the serrations and curvature to the knives in 1-3, but they note on my DVD set, the knives got bigger and bigger, so I guess machette is the next step up from the R3 knife. HT has done a great job with the quality of the weapons in this line. Rambo's bow in RAMBO appears to be military style, but not as intricate as the R2 and R3 bows, which thankfully HT was keen enough to pick up on the difference in.

Little bump for this thread, I know some people have it already, but Sideshow sent out 3-5 day notices for the First Blood v2 figure yesterday :rock I can't wait to get this one after how amazing the Rambo 3 portrait came out.

Little bump for this thread, I know some people have it already, but Sideshow sent out 3-5 day notices for the First Blood v2 figure yesterday :rock I can't wait to get this one after how amazing the Rambo 3 portrait came out.

Thats cool............I just dusted mine for the 10th time today......:D Post some pics when you do get it Maulfan.

Oh of course, I definitely have to do an "it's A Long Road" image :) As well as some nice intense, "you've got about 3 seconds before I break your face" shots. Does he come with the tank top underneath the sweater?

Oh of course, I definitely have to do an "it's A Long Road" image :) As well as some nice intense, "you've got about 3 seconds before I break your face" shots. Does he come with the tank top underneath the sweater?

Just e sec, i'll check...............

Hmm, guess I'll have to customize a tarp if I ever want to do on the run shots before he put the head band on for taking out the cops in the woods.

Those are great Voorhees27! I really love the one you did with the custom makeshift shirt Rambo made to stay warm after fleeing the police station. Awesome work! What material did you use for it and the rope belt? Let me know. Thanks! I still haven't got any of the First Blood Hot Toys Rambos yet. But, I will someday. I know I want the one with the green army jacket and his bedroll/sleeping bag. I already have the Rambo II Halo Jumper, and regular "red headband" Rambo II, and Rambo III from Hot Toys. :D

I hope that Hot Toys will be making a new Rambo from the new movie. That'd be great! I know I'll get that one too.

Last edited:

Those are great Voorhees27! I really love the one you did with the custom makeshift shirt Rambo made to stay warm after fleeing the police station. Awesome work! What material did you use for it and the rope belt? Let me know. Thanks! I still haven't got any of the First Blood Hot Toys Rambos yet. But, I will someday. I know I want the one with the green army jacket and his bedroll/sleeping bag. I already have the Rambo II Halo Jumper, and regular "red headband" Rambo II, and Rambo III from Hot Toys. :D

I hope that Hot Toys will be making a new Rambo from the new movie. That'd be great! I know I'll get that one too.

Thanks for the compliments, as for the Poncho, I just went to a fabric store and purchased a material that best matched the headband on his head. After that I measured the piece to fit the body best and weathered it in my BBQ outside. :lol Yes its "Real" dirt and grease!!!

Hey Jedi, check this out..............

The 1/6 dirtbike was only $14.99 but needs to be customized a bit. For $15 I figured why not!

Hey, thanks for those tips! I'll use them when I get the First Blood Hot Toys Rambo someday! I love that 1/6 scale motorcycle. Where did you find it for only $14.99? I want to get one of those. I still want to make a 1/6 scale "Street Hawk" figure and the super motorcycle he rode. It could shoot out rockets, a laser and machine guns, and do this crazy backwards flip in the air. It's one of my childhood favorites. It may be "cheezy" by today's standards, but I still love it! Remember that show? I don't know how old you are Voorhees. It came on only one season of 13 episodes in 1985 on ABC, and never has "officially" been released on DVD...yet. Universal Studios owns the rights to it.

StreetHawkpublicityphotoJesseMachan.jpg

StreetHawkJesseMachplayedbyRexSmith.jpg

Sorry...I went off on the Street Hawk thing. Just another project I'd love to make in 1/6 scale! :D Well, anyway, I bet you can customize your Rambo motorcycle to how it looked in the movie by using the movie as reference for the colors on the bike. Let me know how that goes for you! I'd love to see it when you're done. Take care. :D

Last edited:

Thanks for the compliments, as for the Poncho, I just went to a fabric store and purchased a material that best matched the headband on his head. After that I measured the piece to fit the body best and weathered it in my BBQ outside. :lol Yes its "Real" dirt and grease!!!

Hey Jedi, check this out..............

The 1/6 dirtbike was only $14.99 but needs to be customized a bit. For $15 I figured why not!

:rock :rock :rock

Thats awesome!!!

Man I can't wait until the First Blood V2 starts shipping, its the version I've most wanted since HT started the line :rock

:rock :rock :rock

Me too!! I cant wait.

Mine says shipping soon, so I hope to have him before X-mas.

Back