Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Thats good news, I got mine coming from Adam, so I should be just behind you :rock

And I'm not sure what you're depraved mind was thinking about, but that wasn't mine plans :lol I just meant I'd get the figure after you did.

Thanks for the compliments, as for the Poncho, I just went to a fabric store and purchased a material that best matched the headband on his head. After that I measured the piece to fit the body best and weathered it in my BBQ outside. :lol Yes its "Real" dirt and grease!!!

Hey Jedi, check this out..............

The 1/6 dirtbike was only $14.99 but needs to be customized a bit. For $15 I figured why not!

Very cool man,i havent done much with my Rambo figures yet,i was gonna do a poncho custom,but been too lazy:D

When we speak of the v2 Rambo,anyone need one?I have 2 here now,1 loose that i display and 1 brand new in box,i had a problem with a seller in hong kong,it didnt arrive me and ordered a new one from a different place,and ended up getting 2,it takes much space to keep more than you want to,so if anyone is interested,i have one for sale.

Hey, thanks for those tips! I'll use them when I get the First Blood Hot Toys Rambo someday! I love that 1/6 scale motorcycle. Where did you find it for only $14.99? I want to get one of those. I still want to make a 1/6 scale "Street Hawk" figure and the super motorcycle he rode. It could shoot out rockets, a laser and machine guns, and do this crazy backwards flip in the air. It's one of my childhood favorites. It may be "cheezy" by today's standards, but I still love it! Remember that show? I don't know how old you are Voorhees. It came on only one season of 13 episodes in 1985 on ABC, and never has "officially" been released on DVD...yet. Universal Studios owns the rights to it.

StreetHawkpublicityphotoJesseMachan.jpg

StreetHawkJesseMachplayedbyRexSmith.jpg

Sorry...I went off on the Street Hawk thing. Just another project I'd love to make in 1/6 scale! :D Well, anyway, I bet you can customize your Rambo motorcycle to how it looked in the movie by using the movie as reference for the colors on the bike. Let me know how that goes for you! I'd love to see it when you're done. Take care. :D

Well i'm 31 now so I definetely remember Street Hawk, I believe it was a spin off of Knight Rider. I LOVED Knight Rider but did love Street Hawk too, this would be a great looking custom if you could pull it off.

I bought the Motorbike from a local grocery/house goods store, its Canadian. I have seen the same bike sold at other various places too, its not high end but does the trick. It needs some customizing forsure.

Take care.

Very cool man,i havent done much with my Rambo figures yet,i was gonna do a poncho custom,but been too lazy:D

C'mon man, you have plenty of time these days don't you? :lol Make that damn custom already.............:D

C'mon man, you have plenty of time these days don't you? :lol Make that damn custom already.............:D

Oh yeah i have plenty of time,but its easier to be lazy,the easy way...:D

Ill buy some material soon for the poncho.I dont have much space left to add extra figures,i may have to buy a third detolf soon...

Oh yeah i have plenty of time,but its easier to be lazy,the easy way...:D

Ill buy some material soon for the poncho.I dont have much space left to add extra figures,i may have to buy a third detolf soon...

Serious? A third? Post some pics man! :chew

Man I can't wait until the First Blood V2 starts shipping, its the version I've most wanted since HT started the line :rock

It's my second most, Rambo 3 was first, but this one will rock because it has another awesome portrait. I know DekDave and I disagreed on the matter a bit, but I'd love to see Hot Toys in some capacity revisit at least the First Blood Part 2 figure again now that the sculpts have improved so much. I'm sure they could come up with a way to make it unique and not just the old figure with a new head so the old one might still have some value, but anyone who owns the first 2 Rambo figures and the Rambo 3 or FB v2 knows how significantly below the bar the old portrait was and the thought of that figure with a new portrait is just too good to pass up.

I do hope to be seeing maybe a preview image or some indication that a RAMBO figure will be produced, especially with the film coming out in about 2 months.

It really is amazing how far HT has come since the first Rambo figure... and at the time I was totally blown away. But now its like apples and oranges.

Serious? A third? Post some pics man! :chew

If i get a third,havent gotten it yet.My transformers toys takes alot of space,thats why,and i will try and get a Rocky Bust so most likely i will get a third detolf.

It really is amazing how far HT has come since the first Rambo figure... and at the time I was totally blown away. But now its like apples and oranges.

Ya, I wasn't quite blown away by the portrait on that Rambo, I thought it was ok, but I was blown away and sold on the muscular body, I'd never seen a figure with one before so it was exciting because Rambo, shirtless, would look ****ty with exposed joints, I'd probably never buy one if that were the case. That and the weapons were done very impressively. Now though, the portraits are just frignteningly dead on, and even the quality with which they sculpt the hair now is less toyish than the early stuff. The other thing for me with the old First Blood Part 2 figure is the hair shape; at that stage in the film, it didn't look that way anymore, and the final half of the film look is something Sideshow really nailed in the legendary scale bust, so I'd love to see better portrait and corrected hair.

Ya, I wasn't quite blown away by the portrait on that Rambo, I thought it was ok, but I was blown away and sold on the muscular body, I'd never seen a figure with one before so it was exciting because Rambo, shirtless, would look ****ty with exposed joints, I'd probably never buy one if that were the case. That and the weapons were done very impressively. Now though, the portraits are just frignteningly dead on, and even the quality with which they sculpt the hair now is less toyish than the early stuff. The other thing for me with the old First Blood Part 2 figure is the hair shape; at that stage in the film, it didn't look that way anymore, and the final half of the film look is something Sideshow really nailed in the legendary scale bust, so I'd love to see better portrait and corrected hair.

Agreed! I sure hope Hot Toys extends the Rocky line with the same quality sculpt work in what they have done with the last 2 Rambo's. These things are just awesome to have! I also really want to see a "RAMBO" (IV) Hot Toys figure too.

Well i'm 31 now so I definetely remember Street Hawk, I believe it was a spin off of Knight Rider. I LOVED Knight Rider but did love Street Hawk too, this would be a great looking custom if you could pull it off.

I bought the Motorbike from a local grocery/house goods store, its Canadian. I have seen the same bike sold at other various places too, its not high end but does the trick. It needs some customizing forsure.

Take care.

Well, Street Hawk wasn't a "spin-off" of Knight Rider, but it was made in the early 1980s when the "super" vehicles were a big idea for movies, and T.V. shows. Shows like Knight Rider, Street Hawk, and Airwolf, and the movie Blue Thunder and the short-lived TV show it had for one season. They all showcased a car, or a motorcycle, or helicopters with cool abilities and weapons. I loved them all! I'll look around for a 1/6 scale motorcycle. Sometimes I see them at Toys 'R Us, or Target or Wal-Mart. It's usually the 21st Century Toys or "Ultimate Soldier" line.

Let us know when you are finished repainting your motorcycle for your Rambo. I'd love to see it! Take care! :D

Well, Street Hawk wasn't a "spin-off" of Knight Rider, but it was made in the early 1980s when the "super" vehicles were a big idea for movies, and T.V. shows. Shows like Knight Rider, Street Hawk, and Airwolf, and the movie Blue Thunder and the short-lived TV show it had for one season. They all showcased a car, or a motorcycle, or helicopters with cool abilities and weapons. I loved them all! I'll look around for a 1/6 scale motorcycle. Sometimes I see them at Toys 'R Us, or Target or Wal-Mart. It's usually the 21st Century Toys or "Ultimate Soldier" line.

Let us know when you are finished repainting your motorcycle for your Rambo. I'd love to see it! Take care! :D

Oh, I always thought it was a spin off, my bad. Still they were some great shows! I remember watching Knight Rider Sunday evenings, right before I had to go to bed for school the next day. I'm sure those shows would suck ass watching them today but for its time they were amazing!

Good memories man!

I'm 36 years-old Voorhees. I'll always fondly look back upon those "good old days" growing up with those shows. Yeah, sure they'd be cheezy and goofy by today's standards on TV and in the movies, but for their time they worked. I was also a big fan of other great shows like Magnum P.I., Macguyver, The A-Team (man I'd love to make a custom "B.A. Barracus" from the A-Team with the Hot Toys Clubber Lang!), and many others.

I saw on the videogame channel G4 that they are making a new updated Knight Rider T.V. show, or at least a premiere "pilot" dealing with Michael Knight's son now driving a new "K.I.T.T." car. I think they're using a new Ford Mustang this time. Rumors are that David Hassellhoff will make at least a cameo appearance in it. Sounds good to me! :D

I'm 36 years-old Voorhees. I'll always fondly look back upon those "good old days" growing up with those shows. Yeah, sure they'd be cheezy and goofy by today's standards on TV and in the movies, but for their time they worked. I was also a big fan of other great shows like Magnum P.I., Macguyver, The A-Team (man I'd love to make a custom "B.A. Barracus" from the A-Team with the Hot Toys Clubber Lang!), and many others.

I saw on the videogame channel G4 that they are making a new updated Knight Rider T.V. show, or at least a premiere "pilot" dealing with Michael Knight's son now driving a new "K.I.T.T." car. I think they're using a new Ford Mustang this time. Rumors are that David Hassellhoff will make at least a cameo appearance in it. Sounds good to me! :D

WHAT? Why can't they just leave the classics alone? I also heard they are making a Goonies 2, with all original cast members. I can't say that it would be a great thing. As for a B.A. Barracus, i'd be all over getting one of those!

A-Team was AWESOME! I had everything made when I was a kid.

Well, if they did the new Knight Rider the right way....but I guess we'll see. They tried doing a "Knight Rider 2000", but honestly I thought it sucked. Yeah, I love the original, so they have a lot to live up to with the new one. I had heard they were casting for an A-Team movie with B.A. being played by Ving Rhames this time, but I dunno about that. It's all still rumor anyway. A Goonies 2? I hadn't heard about that! The Goonies was and is still one of my all-time favorite movies of my childhood. I got the DVD a few years ago where they reunited the cast and they watch the movie with you and do some video and audio commentary while the movie is running. Great stuff! But, then Sean Astin just walks up and leaves about halfway through the movie, and he doesn't come back! :confused: That was strange and disappointing. I don't know what happened to make him leave. I'll have to watch it again sometime.

I agree that they should just leave the classics alone. Recently the Starsky & Hutch, Dukes Of Hazzard and some other remakes have sucked, but remakes like the Battlestar Galactica T.V. show work. I had to really grow into the fact that Starbuck is a girl now. But it's a great show.

I had some of the A-Team action figures, and a Hot Wheels A-Team black van with the red stripe on it. My wife still has one in her old Hot Wheels collection now. It's old and worn out but still cool to still have it with us.

I had also heard a few years ago they wanted to do an A-Team reunion, but then actor George Peppard who played Hannibal in the show died, so they hung it up.

Back