NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defensively, one thing that really worries me was Keenan Lewis's apparent concussion. Starting CB Jabari Greer was already out, and this guy was playing really well. Hopefully he will be physically OK this weekend. Assuming he is, I wonder if the Saints should eschew the blitz for the most part, and try to rely on a 3 man rush, with a linebacker spying Russell. The blitz didn't seem to do squat in the previous Seattle game.

The best defense against the Hobbit has been to keep him in the pocket and not over pursue.

Brandon Spikes is now on IR. Amazing, even with a bye week the Patriots still end up sending a starter to IR. This probably will mark the end of his time in NE too and the last link to Belichick drafting Meyer Gators will be gone.

Last edited:
I never realized you can pick someone up for the playoffs. I guess its allowed since he was never on a roster this year? I always thought you had to sign someone from your practice squad.

Defensively, one thing that really worries me was Keenan Lewis's apparent concussion. Starting CB Jabari Greer was already out, and this guy was playing really well. Hopefully he will be physically OK this weekend. Assuming he is, I wonder if the Saints should eschew the blitz for the most part, and try to rely on a 3 man rush, with a linebacker spying Russell. The blitz didn't seem to do squat in the previous Seattle game.

Keenan Lewis says he's playing.

What may help the Saints more than anything is Roman Harper being in the game and staying back. I believe Vacarro is still out.

I saw this about an hour ago. The Boston mediots are already trying to spin this as some kind of betrayal. Based on what he had left in the tank last year and the fact that he's been on a couch all season I'm not worried. If nothing else it'll give Hightower someone he can keep up with in coverage.:lol

It's odd timing for sure. It would've made more sense if they scooped up Branch once Wayne went down with his season ending injury.

What may help the Saints more than anything is Roman Harper being in the game and staying back. I believe Vacarro is still out.

Vacarro ia a great athlete with good range but Roman is a savy veteran who can hit like a Mack truck. I have always enjoyed watching Roman's physical style of play. It's old school football to say the least. However, players like him are an endangered species in the modern NFL. The fines and rules in the modern NFL are making players like Roman obsolete. I'm all for player saftey but as a long time NFL fan, I do miss the old school feel of the game. That being said, I completely agree with and understand the need to put a players health first. Even with new rules in place regarding players safety, players are going to get hurt. It's the nature of the beast.

So who do we expect to win this weekend?

First game is New Orleans at Seattle. I know I want the Saints to win to give the 49ers a chance at reopening Candlestick for one last game. And, frankly, I think the media is a bit too obsessed with the idea that the Saints need to score a lot of points. New Orleans' D has played better. And the Seahawks offense has looked lethargic at times, even at home. Percy Harvin should be the X-factor though, even if it is just by his mere presence on the field. I think the game is much closer and lower scoring than what the regular season match up would suggest. But I'm going with the Seahawks 24-14. But, I'll gladly be wrong here if the football gods call for it.

Colts at Patriots. This one I'm a bit surprised by how much the Patriots seem to be favored by the media. It's Tom Brady, yes. But, I just feel like if one of your players get placed on IR during a bye week that just kind of shows me it isn't your year. I think if the Pats had Gronk I'd pick them easy. But I just feel like the Colts will move the ball more easily than the Pats will. Though the Colts are a weird team to predict, I expect a big performance from their D-line. I have Colts 34-28-ish.

49ers at Panthers. I think Carolina is one of the more underrated places to play. But the 49ers travel well and the team the Panthers beat in Week 10 will look a lot different. On offense, just the fact that Carolina can't double cover Boldin the manner they did for that game will make a big difference. I don't expect Kaepernick to get jack **** running around like he did last week, but I think he's better than Cam and has better offensive weapons. Carolina's front 7 is nasty and can wreck the gameplan, but I expect Kaepernick to make some big plays against their secondary and to get the ball out of his hands early. I have the 49ers 20-13.

Chargers at Broncos. I know I shouldn't do this. I know it would be absolutely crazy to pick Peyton to go one and out AGAIN. But, my gut tells me to pick the Chargers. The Broncos D will come back and bite them in the ***. For whatever reason, the Chargers now how to beat Peyton Manning. That team is dangerous right now. They seem to match up well with these Broncos as well, who may come out a bit rusty just like the Seahawks might. 31-28 Chargers.

Yep, I expect a Manning-less and Brady-less AFC championship game. And a 3rd round between the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Now, watch me go 0-4 :lol

What the heck, here we go...

NO@SEA

I have a hard time getting that Monday night beat down out my mind. The Seahawks are a tough team and even tougher at the Link. SEA 31-14

Indy@NE

Indy just let a Charles-less Chiefs led by Alex Smith drop 44 points on them. They have a defense that can be had especially with their secondary in shambles. An important X-Factor in this one will be the weather. We're looking at 40s with torrential downpours as seen in the Week 17 Buffalo game where Blount had himself a day. So this plus my rampant homer-ism should lead to me picking the Pats, but I'm taking the Colts 27-23. The chase for #4 continues in a hopefully healthier 2014 with Brady's window coming close to being shut.

SF@CAR

Rematch of one of my favorite regular season games. I expect another drag out fight like the last time around, but with a different result. SF 16-13

SD@DEN

The way the media talks about Peyton Manning you'd think he's about to embark on a quest for his 7th Lombardi. Truth is he's had 8 one-and-dones, but he's not adding to that this season. I think the Broncos score early and don't allow the Chargers to play the game they want dominating the TOP. DEN 31-20

Of course I'd be very okay being wrong on all of these.:)

I feel for Peyton if they lose to the Chargers. He will never hear the end of it. Ain't enough Papa Johns in the world to cure his depression.

Was reading an Simmons article regarding this week's games and he made an interesting point. What if Seattle hadn't traded for Percy Harvin and used that pick on Cordarelle Patterson instead? Hmmm...

Back