NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 were mediocre division champs from last week's win-and-in games and then there was the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton show. I can't say any of these teams losing is a huge shock.

Speaking of Lewis, I wonder if there's any chance Brown fires him. 11 years and no playoff wins. At a certain point maybe things need to be changed up.

Speaking of Lewis, I wonder if there's any chance Brown fires him. 11 years and no playoff wins. At a certain point maybe things need to be changed up.
On its surface, that seems sensible, but Dalton should bear the primary blame for today's loss IMO. He just kept putting his team in holes they couldn't get out of.

On its surface, that seems sensible, but Dalton should bear the primary blame for today's loss IMO. He just kept putting his team in holes they couldn't get out of.

No doubt about that. When I watch him play I wonder what is he good at? He's not particularly accurate. He doesn't have a big arm. He throws too many picks. He's a decent runner but not RGIII-level. I think with this coming draft they should consider using a later pick to give Dalton competition, they can't just hand him the job again. With the right driver that Bengal offense should hum pretty nicely.

I think styles made the matchups. Besides the refs the Packers had a big assist of experience against us.

Well I'm interested to see how much success we have at Carolina considering Crabtree wasn't playing and V. Davis left the game very early with a concussion. The Panthers really only had to contend with Boldin in the pass game.

2 were mediocre division champs from last week's win-and-in games and then there was the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton show. I can't say any of these teams losing is a huge shock.

Mentioned Lewis being on the hot seat after another abysmal playoff appearance. But my friend doesn't think he's in any danger of losing his job.

It's funny how things in the NFC and AFC turned out. You got the Niners, Seahawks, and Panthers who all play identical and you got the Broncos, Chargers, and Patriots who play the same style. Saints and Colts are the mold breakers but nobody is gonna count them out.

If the Saints can get the run going this weekend, and stick with it, then I think they can have a real chance. I think that ultimately, that game will be determined in the trenches like that. If Payton starts going to the pass too early and too often, then I think it's a recipe for failure. As great as Brees is, if a defense like Seattle knows you are passing, then you're toast. I have some faith that the Saints D can keep Seattle from lighting it up, but in order to do that the Saints offense has to be taking time off the clock, wearing down their defense a bit, getting them to the point where they can break some big runs later in the game and open up the play action pass.

It's funny that my initial thought toward this game was one of sheer hopelessness, but as I think more about it I get to feeling that the previous game was really a fluke. Maybe I'm just being a delusional optimistic, but we do seem to always get at least one or two teams in the playoffs that fail to live up to the hype every year. Here's hoping Seattle is one of those this year.

I've noticed both times the Niners have lost big to them in Seattle the 49ers tried to come out firing and get a big pass play to build momentum. Just like Brees, I see that coming back to bite teams more than not as the battle of field possession typically gets turned into Seattle's favor. A solid run game is the best thing to establish early down there with the crowd noise with some short sideline passes or, a nice play by Graham.

I actually expect this game to be closer than people think. I'm not putting much into the blowout loss earlier in the season when NO went to Seattle. But the Saints definitely have to score more on offense on the road. I think Rob Ryan will come up with some good things to pressure Wilson, but the Saints have to remain disciplined and keep containment. Maybe that, plus the Seahawks coming out a little flat or rusty from their week off (I'm not a big believer in bye weeks in the playoffs), can let the Saints squeak one out.

Defensively, one thing that really worries me was Keenan Lewis's apparent concussion. Starting CB Jabari Greer was already out, and this guy was playing really well. Hopefully he will be physically OK this weekend. Assuming he is, I wonder if the Saints should eschew the blitz for the most part, and try to rely on a 3 man rush, with a linebacker spying Russell. The blitz didn't seem to do squat in the previous Seattle game.

Back